Hotel Saint Germain
US$332
US$307
US$157
Mercure Paris Bastille Marais(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$164
Mercure
  • Room Service
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$184
Hotels.com
US$198
US$163
  • Room Service
Kyriad Hotel Paris Bercy Village(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$93
  • Bar/Lounge
US$236
US$193
Melia.com
  • Room Service
All reviewsla petite chaiseyogurtle bon marcherooms are smallwalking distancecharming hotelstay there againperfect locationcontinental breakfastthe hotel staffleft bankseine riverlovely boutiquemetro stationwonderful staybreakfast was excellenteiffel tower
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Recently spent 4 nights here. Great location. Spotless hotel and super friendly staff. The only downside I experienced was the small room. I was there as a single and I honestly don't know where you would have put a second suitcase. The bathroom and shower were very tiny and the separate toilet, I could honestly rest my forehead on the wall while seated, it was that tight. But even with the small room, I would return.

Easy walk to the Metro, D'Orsey and the Louvre. The Bon Marche's food store is wonderful and has great takeout.

Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We booked Hotel St. Germain on a recent visit - found it by fluke on the web. Loved it. The hotel is lovely and clean, the staff are incredibly friendly. And Pierre at the front desk couldn't have been more accommodating. HSG is very convenient located to the Latin Quarter, really nice neighbourhood, nearby shops and transportation links. Easy walk to Notre Dame, Museum D'Orsay and the Eiffel Tower.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Junior Suite - it was very comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Farley27
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Staying for 2 nights with my partner excellent location, beautifully decorated rooms, spotlessly clean, comfy beds and friendly staff we are enjoying our stay and would definitely return. The rooms are small but there is enough space to move around and place luggage.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We recently stayed at Saint Germain Hotel for a total of 3 nights.

Upon arrival we felt very lucky and happy to have chosen the location/hotel; It is on a quiet row of boutiques and cafés and all of the main areas of interest are in walking distance (take comfortable shoes my feet ended up bruised!)

The room was beautifully decorated, but small. We knew this from reading the other reviews and after all, it is only a base.

The downsides (which were quite big ones for me), were poor lighting in the bathroom, and no mirror at the dressing table; the basin was too deep to lean over and do my makeup and there was nowhere else to do it- as well as my hair. Just a small mirror on the dresser would give extra points!!
Also there are no tea/coffee facilities in the room, nor a fridge unless requested but asking for one wouldn't be worth the hassle.. It would be easier just to have one as standard.
The price for basic drinks is high and we bought an emergency umbrella for twenty euros which I thought was extortionate!

There is no hotel bar which would be nice but this kind of thing cannot be changed due to size.

Overall a lovely stay, clean, traditional, and smells fresh. Lovely, polite breakfast staff who made you feel at home.

Take a trip to:
'Le Petit Chaise'- oldest restaurant in Paris about 5 minute walk from the hotel.
'Eric Kaser'- Artisan Bakery, Ten minute walk
'Chapon'- Chocolate shop (just for the mousse au chocolate!!)

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank k88
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Came alone expecting a nice room with friendly staff. Staff was nice but not Manager. Given a tiny room that was cold and dark even with shades open and heating on . Shower door was broken, requested it be fixed , not, then told by Manager I was the only one who ever complained, made me feel very bad, finally after 4 days moved to nicer room with warmth and light. No compensation or apology. Had to move my own luggage to new room, never stay here again, even though great location. Rest of Parisians were very friendly and warm to me sorry I had this one sore spot

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank szeiger
Hsg P, Manager at Hotel Saint Germain, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear M. Zieger,

Hope you had a nice trip back.
We would like to thank you for your review and your stay to our hotel.
We are very surprised and extremely sorry to read your comments.
On your request, the second day of your stay we did look after the door of your shower and as per our technical manager visit, the doors was normally working.
Pierre, from our reception team, the same day, did come back to you with the information given from our technical manager and suggest to change the room .
On the 3rd day, we spoke together at the desk ; you ask for a compensation at the reception and I had explained to you that we will not give a compensation therefore I suggest to change your room the same day: you said that you did need time to think about it and i also said “for the first time we did have this remark for this room and I was surprised of the inconvenience caused to you”.
This remark was for me a way to explain my regrets for the disagreement and my attitude was not unfriendly. Mr Ziegler I do my best everyday with my team to satisfy our guest and I am very sorry if my answer was not appropriate. I will be definitely more careful .
The 4th day , early morning, you asked Slim from our reception team to change the room and you left the hotel , on your way back at 1 pm the room was ready and your luggage were already in the room. We gave a room of the same category as per our avaibility during your stay.

I stay at your entire disposal on my following email address manager@parishotelsg.com.
Best regards