“Location better than room.”
Review of Hotel Vivienne

and 1 more site!
Hotel Vivienne
Ranked #527 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

This room was on the 6th floor with a small balcony with table and 2 chairs. It was fairly clean. Lobby staff did greet us, were pleasant and gave directions when we asked which was appreciated. The problem was that the room was tiny with no air conditioning and/or ventilation other than keeping the doors wide open. We were there in early October 2013 and they were having an "indian summer" (very warm weather). Even with the doors open at night, it was hot in that room. The noise from the never ending revelers on the streets below made it difficult to sleep. There was no room safe to lock your valuable electronics. They did have fairly decent WiFi, but you have to ask for an individual code for each device you need. I will say that the lobby staff did willingly allow us to store our luggage for several hours on checkout day in their small hallway behind their desk. But it was a risk keeping our electronics in our bags, as anyone getting off their tiny elevator could reach into the bag without a problem. I really hesitated giving a negative review to this hotel, but rely on TA reviewers to inform me of what to expect. By American standards, it would definitely have gotten a thumbs down. However, by Parisian standards, being right in the city, I felt that to be fair, it fell into the normal range. Just know what to expect in Paris.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank beachquilter

Reviewed 28 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a few nights in June. We chose this hotel because of the location and price. We weren't disappointed. The location was great- many restaurants within walking distance and very close to a few metro stops. Everyone at the reception desk was very friendly and helpful. One thing to realize with this hotel is that it's older, but has that "Paris charm." If you are looking for new and modern, look elsewhere. However, we loved the old charm. Our room was larger than we expected. It was actually made up of 3 rooms- the bedroom, a shower room with sink and vanity, and a small room with the toliet. This gave it the feel of a small apartment of sorts. Unfortunately our room didn't have much of a view- just looking over the roof of another building- but who stays in their room when your in Paris? The room also didn't have AC, but had a portable fan. The fan combined with the open windows in June was absolutely fine with us- we were never uncomfortable. We would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ashley M
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed here on our last night in Paris. Location is fairly central. Easy to walk to from Opera metro. There are a couple of other metros close by. Definitely close to Hard Rock Cafe, Paris, if you are a fan of this institution.

Check-in was smooth. Now comes the interesting part.......trying to fit two suitcases, two day packs and two bodies into the tiny, tiny lift requires breathing in and holding your breathe till you reach the floor that your room is located. Fortunately, as we were both petite in size, that went ok but really much better if just one person went with the luggage and the other person wait for the next trip or climb the stairs. After more than three weeks of intense exercise, we were more than fit to tackle the stairs easily.

The room is tiny, came with a balcony and a clean shower. Shared bathroom as we booked the cheapest room available. Perfectly adequate for a couple of nights stay. If we were staying longer, I would advise to book the bigger room. Free wifi and best of all, guidebooks and light novels, presumably left behind by other travellers for borrowing. All in all, a good stay for us.

Room Tip: Depending on your length of stay.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cupert
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Five stars for value, hospitality, location and style. They're doing everything right, in my book, so I give it the best rating possible.

I managed to not connect with a French friend who called the desk to find me. He said, "they have a terrific receptionist." And, I agree. The reception was welcoming and friendly. They responded to my needs quickly and easily (Could you please count me in for breakfast anyway? Could I have an envelope? How to use the computer? Where's the post office?) and with a sense of humor (Don't forget your umbrella!) We dealt well with the language barrier-and were able to speak both French and English with ease.

I picked the hotel mostly because of the location and value. I have gotten to know this neighborhood a little and it was a good change of pace. There are four or five shopping galleries very nearby that I hadn't seen before that were very worthwhile--the equivalent of 19th century French shopping malls- very charming and a lot of fun.

My room was clean, simple, and large enough, It had a nice window overlooking the street, which was quiet. My room did not have a WC (which I had no problems with) and a very good, very clean, separate bathroom with a sink and shower.

Overall, I found the premises clean, well kept up. I will add some photos to that effect. That, and the reception and the amount of money I paid made my stay sympathetic, as they would say, or just nice, and refreshing. The hotel has a nice, minimal almost art deco feel that suits it well.

I found Hotel Vivienne on a recommendation from "Let's Go Europe." I agree with their recommendation. This was my first stay and I would stay again. It also makes me want to ask, "Who's Vivienne?"

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Hotel Vivienne for 3 nights.
..The location was great, right in the middle of the City, close to
the metro, shopping and great restaurants.
We had an extra person come at the last min. the staff were
most helpful in getting us a larger room for the same price.
They were also very helpful in changing reservations at a restaurant
I had booked prior to going to Paris.
The room was clean, staff were helpful, breakfast was good.
I would certainly go back to the Hotel Vivienne.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is a nice hotel. I booked a room through hotel's page in Internet. I asked quiet room and I've got it. My tip - book a room in advance.
I stayed at the hotel in may, so the room without conditioner wasn't a problem. There were some cozy cafes & restaurants as well as a food-store nearby. The hotel is centrally located, within walking distance to major attractions. Easy access from/to the airport CDG - about 1 h by metro (Grands Boulevards - Line 8 or 9) or by bus (Opera).

Room Tip: room №2 (with WC)
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Quaint French hotel in the 2nd, blocks from Budha Bar, great shops and museums. Awesome breakfast served downstairs, fresh crossaint and jams, clean rooms, very spacious, roomy enough for all the shopping you'll do. Very 1950s Hollywood rooms.

• Stayed: October 2012