“Good value for great location!”

Hotel de la Herse d'Or
Ranked #1,568 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

This small hotel located near the Bastille Metro was convenient for eating and drinking in La Marais and walking the Seine, Notre Dame and various galleries. The room was small but adequate and offered roof top views.

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Got back from Paris last week and had such a fantastic stay here. The location is unbeatable right in the heart of the Marais and walking distance from several metro stops. The staff was friendly and accommodating and the room was newly renovated and comfortable with a flat screen, wifi, and a beautiful exposed stone wall. Could not have found a better place to stay especially for the price and location. Would recommend it to anyone staying in the area whether traveling alone or with others.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Maia H
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I've stayed at this charming little hotel quite a few times over the last few years, and it has always been a pleasant experience. It's located in the heart of Le Marais, and a literal stones throw from the Bastille, and Metro. The rooms are quite basic, but very clean, and while some rooms only have a basin, the WC and Shower are always accessible, and nearby on each floor. If you're looking for luxury, this is not the place, but if you'r on a budget, and want to stay in the oldest, and one of the most beautiful parts of Paris, then look no further.

The staff is also very friendly, and helpful.

Room Tip: This Hotel is in a 500 year old building, so there is definitely no elevator (lift). The stairs are...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Michael E
Reviewed 6 December 2013

A good neighborhood (Bastille/Marais) and a decent place at a good value. I don't recall if they have an elevator. The staff was fairly friendly and helpful. Not all rooms have their own bathroom, so if that's important to you, look for that in your booking process.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Hotel is in the real centre of Paris ! This is the same street where the Louvre museum is and you can go by feets if you want it. Great rooms! Clean. And AMAZING people who work there!! They helped us REALLY MUCH when we had a few problems. And price pretty good for that.:)

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed alone at this hotel for 2 nights, paying €120 for a single room, with shared toilet. The toilet and shower facilities were shared with other visitors, but I never had a problem getting access into them at any time. While the toilet room was quite small, it did the job. The shower room appeared bigger and had plenty of hot water morning and evening.
The room was very clean, the bed (despite being a single) was very comfortable and the room was of a good temperature that I was not too hot or cold.
It was extremely conviently placed, being right next to the Bastille and a choice of Metro lines (which I used throughout my trip). The location was also on a street that had many shops, restuarants, cafes, boutiques, etc. which were very useful for gift shopping and dinner in the evenings. There was even a supermarket I picked up a few items from!
The staff at the hotel were very friendly, letting me try out my french and helping out in English when I completely floundered.
What attracted me to the hotel was the pictures of the stone walls, leading to an atmospheric hotel, minus the price tag and it definately delivered.
I would certainly recommend this place to anyone travelling alone in Paris.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights on a short visit to Paris after a ten day trip in Spain. I booked it based on previous reviews on tripadvisor. The hotel is a cute little hotel in the heart of La Marais. I was looking for something cute and charming. I could have easily used Marriott points for the Marriott but I wanted the Parisian experience. The rooms are a bit small but typically that is what you find in older quaint little hotels in Europe. I had a single and a double in my room. The window overlooked a little courtyard. The room was clean. The bed was actually pretty comfortable and I slept better than I did in my fancy beach hotel in Costa Del Sol. The staff was very nice and all spoke English although I attempted to speak French. They offer breakfast in a little dining area. I chose to explore the city but many other people seemed to enjoy it. The only bad thing was that there is no elevator and being on the fifth floor with a narrow staircase was a bit challenging with luggage but they had someone take my luggage for me. Otherwise I got to work off all the croissants and crepes I ate. Free wifi was a plus. They also helped coordinate transportation to the airport for me. I would definitely recommend this hotel - it was about $300 for two nights with a private bath. Paris is very expensive - this was a great value and great location.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo