“Great for a short stay”

Hotel des Batignolles
Ranked #767 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 9 June 2013

The most important thing was that our room was clean. Yes it was very basic but we only stayed for two nights and we weren't going to waste it sitting in the room! The beds were comfortable and the location was great, despite quite a lot of building work was going on nearby.
I would definitely recommend people to stay here if they are visiting for a weekend.

Room Tip: Be aware there is no lift so please be aware before booking!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LBradz

Reviewed 6 June 2013

My adult daughter and I stayed here from May 24-30/13.
The staff was very polite and helpful.
The room was neat and clean.
Good location. Near to restaurants, shopping, parks.

The only negative is the distance from the Metro. It was only about a ten minute walk,
but a bit tricky to navigate the streets with luggage.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Time of stay 8/04/13 - 15/04/13.
Location - great.
Room - 3.5/5 simple and clean
Bathroom - 3.5/5 simple and clean. looked recently refurbished. hardly any mold (a tiny little of course). Tons of CLEAN white towels.
Cleaning Service - great (I always came back to a thoroughly cleaned room)
WIFI reception - 2/5 It could just be my room because the reception down the hallway was strong
Staff - 4/5 really nice people
Food - ? I dont know, i didnt try it.

Other notes
- A funny smell around the hallway.

All in All
- I enjoyed my stay!

Room Tip: There is no lift and there are 4 floors! choose wisely. Try avoid rooms too close to the main hallwa...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2013

A true European hotel, the room was in an established building that was quite run down and in need of a face lift. The furniture and fixtures in the room were old and tire, but operational. The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet which allowed for a good nights sleep. The toilet started to leak during our stay and although we asked for assistance we did not receive. We had to shut the water off each time after flushing. The room was clean for the most part when we arrived, but there was no maid service during our 3 day stay. We asked for fresh towels at the desk. There was a breakfast options for 10 Eros per person but it was all packaged convenience food and we opted out. Internet was available for 10 Euros per day for each device. There was a small store next door that sold awesome cheese, yogurt and wine, but no food options on site after breakfast. Small pub across the street that was quite good. Short walk to the hop on hop off lines that go around the city to all the sites. Hop on Hop offs are definitely a great value if you are site seeing and want to make good time. FYI museums in Paris are closed on Tuesdays so do not make this your Louvre day :) P. S. dress warm in February!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank annolope
Reviewed 4 May 2013

My GOD this was the worst worst place i have stayed in in my life. Iwouldn't even send my worst enemy there, it would have been cleaner to sleep on the streets. Rooms were so so dirty there was paint missing from parts of the walls (hard to see from pics) but some parts yellow other parts dirty white, the bathroom door had a make shift door handle on the inside which didnt even close frame was bent plus toilet seat wasy way loose. Carpets looked like something from a shelter as it looked dirty and used which made me to scared to walk on even with socks. bed looked like it had clean sheets but everything everything else was terrible. We were on the 3rd floor with no lifts we had to carry our big bags up and down. Bottom line i'll never stay there again as i have seen other place not far away from there for 50 euros a night and they were way better looking, when a place like this shows no real pictures of the rooms beware. Save your self the pain this place wasnt cheap and it was a hell whole. No hairdryer no fridge aaahhh i could go on and on. Staed in cheap places before but never seen anything like this.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Robbie L
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We stayed here for three nights for my wifes' birthday. We wanted to stay close to the city centre but somewhere quiet. And this hotel fits the bill perfectly. Our room was a decent size and clean. It also has a really nice shower and one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. Our room was exactly what we wanted. Apart from being on the third floor! But at least it gave us some exercise I suppose!

The breakfast room was small and breakfast itself was so tasty. The small filled the room and reception as we came down in the morning. It was lovely. What makes this place is the surroundings. You're a stones' throw from some lovely Brasseries where you can buy beautiful, freshly-makes pastries. There are a number of nice restaurants on the street. The best being Le Point Bar. Walk a little further down and there's also large park with beautiful flowers and swings, slides and sand pit for children. They can also feed the ducks if they want to. So it's ideal if you have young children, or just fancy a romantic walk.

You can get the tube into town for two euros. Or a cab for about eight. Do not order a taxi from the hotel though. The one we used charged us a six euro supplements. When we got to the airport his meter read 15.80 euros. And he charged us 17.80. I just wanted to get out of the cab so didn't argue. But do not fall into this trap. If you want to get a taxi anywhere hail it down. There are plenty around.

Reception is open 24 hours a day. You just leave you key there when you go out and pick it up when you come back. And it works really well. The staff are friendly and helpful. So all in all this hotel offers excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Great bed and shower.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Me and my boyfriend booked this hotel as a last minute desicion as our flights got messed up.
We only paid £52 on lastminute.com and so it's safe to say, I wasn't expecting much!

The room itself was very small and basic but it was comfortable enough and had a nice hot shower, free wifi and a flat screen television :) I cannot complain with it for the price we paid.

The location of this hotel is faultless. It is near to ROME metro station and is located in the Monte Marte area of Paris. There is a patisserie right opposite which serves the most delicious cakes and sandwiches! We went here every morning for breakfast. There are also lots of restaurants and supermarkets nearby without having to get on the metro so perfect for night time strolling.

NOTE LADIES - There are no hairdryers provided in this hotel! (I read the reviews beforehand and took my own)

All in all, I would recommend this hotel if you are on a budget and need a comfortable place to stay in a great location. Me and my boyfriend are planning a second trip to paris this summer and will be staying here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple