“Guard your luggage...dont leave at conceirge”

Hotel des Batignolles
Ranked #803 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed at the hotel for two nights starting 14 May 2014 and checked out on 16 May. I left my bags with one of the staff who put it in the storeroom. We left the hotel and later came to collect our luggage. I am disgusted that one of the hotel staff members tried to steal from me, a paying guest at this hotel, as my lock for the luggage bag was fiddled with. I cant even open my luggage and cant tell what was stolen

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We highly recommend this hotel. Staff was very friendly and the bed was incredibly comfortable. Breakfast is delicious and Wlan is working perfectly. Location was good, a couple blocks from Metro station (Rome). Also, near the Montmartre area (known for Moulin Rouge and Sacré-Cœur Basilica). We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Room 28 :-) (room with terrace)!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank K_Rozi
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Lovely, I had been there some years ago and I still remember it as a magic place. Les Batignolles is a perfect place to stay in Paris and this hotel is really close to supermarket and very nice cafes, with the typical parisienne atmosphere.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank saraver0na
Reviewed 10 April 2014

No elevator to the room so I had to carry my 25kg luggage up the stairs after a long day of travelling.
There was a £200 theft which stayed unsolved as security cameras could not be accessed either by the hotel staff or by the police.
The location is great but be wary of leaving money or anything of value inside the room, not even in your locked luggage.

Room Tip: Not a room close to the fire escape. The thief used the bathroom window to escape to the stairs of...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kim G
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

All in all the we were quite surprised how safe the surrounding area was and how close the hotel was to place des clichy and to rome-batignolles metro.

But, after a long tiring day of sightseeing, we entered the room and found both of our locks (which we had locked before leaving the hotel) to be broken. All of our stuff was moved and £200 from my wallet was stolen. Thank god they didn't have the audacity to steal my passport.

The only conclusion is that some cleaning staff were the culprits. If you're staying at this hotel please be careful and don't leave any valuebles in the room.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kate G
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed here with a friend in February 2014. We stayed 6 nights. The photos on their website aren't exactly what you may get, so be prepared. I understand that only some of the rooms are renovated but not all of them. We were given a room on the top level, it was very cramped and small and there was a hole in the bathroom door. Parts of the walls in the room itself, and the bathroom ceiling were cracked as well.
We did get quite a work out climbing up the stairs every day (about 5 flights on steep inclines) so it did improve my fitness level. Be wary of staying here if you are on the elderly side or if you or any of your travel party have any physical fitness issues, heart problems etc as there is no elevator. If you are forbidden to climb stairs because of doctor's orders or anything like that, then this hotel is not for you.
Apart from the room being small, it was tidy and clean and the cleaning staff did a great job at making up our room when we went out.
The staff were friendly enough except for this one elderly gentleman who was looking after reception in the mornings. I felt he was a little dismissive and not all that switched on when it came to really good customer service. The younger staff that were on the reception desk in the afternoons and week-ends were a lot better to deal with.
All in all it was a good stay,but for the price, I didn't really think it was worth it. Maybe if we had gotten a bigger room that was renovated then maybe my review would be a bit more positive. There are better places in Paris to stay than here, so go find them.

Room Tip: Don't have any tip for travellers to choose a good room as I didn't get a good room myself...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2014

On a trip to Paris with my son and a couple of friends i stayed in this hotel for 4 nights, i found the staff to be professional and friendly, bedrooms cleaned to my OCD standards, with towels changed daily and breakfast to be amazing. mmmm french pastries. if your looking for the ritz then this is not your place however if your looking for a nice little retreat then i'd definitely advise booking this hotel.
During our stay, the hotel was being renovated, this did not interfere with our stay and the new rooms were beautiful, saying that, i found the rooms that had not yet been done charming, rooms were provided with hair dryer, wifi and flat screen TV.
hotel close to restaurants and two metro stations for your sightseeing trips.
i would stay here again and recommend it to anyone visiting Paris.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends