Les Argonautes
US$170
US$164
  • Room Service
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$164
Mercure Paris Bastille Marais(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$230
US$243
US$221
  • Restaurant
Kyriad Hotel Paris Bercy Village(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$117
  • Bar/Lounge
US$158
US$147
Agoda.com
US$388
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Just wrapped up a 3 day stay here. Has all the basics - good hot water pressure, heating (don't know about a/c), and a decent bed. Location is less than 100 ft from St-Michel metro/RER stop so convenient from airport and the street has TONS of restaurants to choose from. The stairs to the entrance were reasonable, at least wide and straight. The guy who checked me in seemed very nice and not sleazy at all. The room is a good size for a single. I certainly had a *little* bit of room to move about. The wifi from the 2nd floor had good strength.

Downsides - I had a "quiet" room on 2nd floor and Saturday night, could still feel the throbbing in my room until 4am. Sunday night was a lot quieter though. The heat is turned up high, but I'd rather that than the reverse!!! No cleaning during the 3 days so you're stuck with your mess. On the other hand, it means I don't worry so much about housekeeping stealing my stuff! For the price though, don't know if it can be beat. The alternative would be Mont blanc which is just down the street and even closer to the Metro.

Enjoy!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank wu1102
Reviewed 29 May 2010

I stayed in a single room and can thoroughly recommend this hotel - my room was basic but spotlessly clean, it was quiet (some others, I believe, have complained about noise, but I was at the back of the hotel and so this wasn't an issue), the shower water was hot - and the location! Set in a busy street full of bars and eateries, everything one might want is close at hand, and it is one street back from the Notre Dame - if I leaned out of my window I could see the Seine and hear the bells from a nearby church chime... fantastic!

The hotel has a charming, slightly eccentric air - the ceilings of the rooms have wooden beams, the breakfast room is decked out in exotic curios and it has a lovely little suntrap courtyard - but above all, the best thing about this hotel was the ever-helpful attitude of the staff. They told me everything I wanted to know about the area, and I needed to make a number of late-night calls while I was there (my phone wasn't working, I was supposed to meet friends, it was a disaster) and the hotel receptionist patiently tried the numbers over and over again and even rang up to my room to see if I wanted to try a number again. It rare to find such kindness amongst strangers. I recommend this hotel wholeheartedly.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
5  Thank MissMarvelette
Reviewed 25 May 2010

I am a 28 year old woman and I stayed alone at Les Argonautes in the Latin Quarter (5th district) for three nights, Friday through Sunday night. Definitely not what I'm used to but I really enjoyed it. It is located right around the corner from Notre Dame and 10minutes walk from the Louvre. (Take a picnic to the metal bridge next to the museum, it's lovely) I had a single room on the first floor. It was very loud until about 5am but luckily I had earplugs, get a good pair if you're staying in a single room. The club below is not open on Sundays so I got a good rest. The other reviews talked of breaking plates but they don't do that anymore.
If you're lucky Mr. Jamie, an older Scottish man, will be there (as he stays there quite often) and you can spend your evenings chatting with him and Tsila the night innkeeper in the little lush garden in the middle of the hotel. I would say that was a highlight of my Paris stay. My friends were surprised when I told them I spent my nights having great conversations instead of hitting the clubs, but it was wonderful. Mr. Jamie and Tsila are extremely helpful when it comes to asking questions about the city. Don't bother with the other staff members, they're a bit spacey to say the least. Expect to receive a wake-up call only half the time you ask for it.
Tips on the surrounding area- There is a bakery called Le Bougelerie de Papa on the corner, eat there. The croissant is incredible and the coffee is cheap. The local street dancers hang out there at night and are fun to chat with. There is also a pizza parlor on the opposite corner of St. Michel square next to William Z souvenir shop that has the best pizza I've had in my life! Wow! When eating out it's cheaper to order from the menu instead of al a carte. You get appetizer, entrée and dessert. Order the House wine because you're in France and they wine is going to be great anyway. Plus it's only about 1euro more than a soda. They measure in cl, whatever that is, not ml or oz. 50cl is enough for two big glasses of wine. Ask for a carafe d'eau (carafe of tap water) instead of the bottle, it tastes fine. Also, if you pass over Notre Dame bridge (there's a flower market there) and head 2 streets forward you'll come to Rue Rivoli take a right (away from the Louvre, which is on the same street down to the left) and keep walking. There you will find local street grocers, real french patisseries with gorgeous sweets, and some shops and a supermarket that's open on Sundays. You'll also see French people; which is unusual in the city center.
Back to the hotel- The double rooms are on the top floors and have a toilet and shower en suite and from what I understand are much quieter. You must book early if you want these rooms! I was a bit skeptical about sharing a toilet but they were surprisingly clean. The single room was small but always clean and they refresh the towels and make the bed everyday. The shower is clean and en suite. There is always hot water and they give packets of shower gel and soap. The only complaint about the room is the long round pillow they provide, a bit lumpy. Bring your own if you like flatter pillows.
I always felt safe in this area and if you get lost, ask the police where to go- they are everywhere.
If you plan on visiting Paris for the hotels, stay somewhere else. But if you go to soak up the life; stay at Les Argonautes.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank Texas-Girl-In-Greece
Reviewed 13 May 2010

It was the best location in my opinion being close to the Metro, walking tours, Notre Dame and even not far from the Louvre. The Latin Quarter is full of restaurants and also with live music at night. It's on a narrow street that just seemed magical. The room was okay but clean and the staff was nice but a little loud and smelled like food coming from below. If you're on a budget, then you just can't beat the location and neat place overall.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank sheela7
Reviewed 3 March 2010

Quaint. Clean. Friendly staff. No frills. Price is right. Stayed here in 2006 and again in 2009. It's now my "go to" place when in Paris for a short stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple