“Know that you're in Paris...”

Les Degres de Notre Dame
Ranked #1,380 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Know that you're in Paris...”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Have just returned from a long weekend in Paris and stayed at this rather fabulous little Hotel, which I researched on Trip Advisor. Wow, how lovely to have the experience of feeling that you're somewhere different...So often do I find that sometimes you stay in Hotels and think you could be anywhere. Not with this little gem of a place-you could only be in Paris, and a Paris that I feel is sometimes being lost. Wonderful location, a stone's throw from Notre Dame but in a quiet little street,rooms that are full of authentic French charm, and thank God, a million miles from those bland, plasticky boutique style Hotels.Shabby,yes, but oh so charming, and spotlessly clean.We stayed in room 52, right at the top of the building. To begin with, we had to stop every couple of floors to rest, but after a day,we hit our stride and enjoyed the workout!Lovely breakfast, and warm friendly staff.My husband was delighted with my choice of Hotel, and has not stopped telling everyone about it since we returned home. We'll definately return.

Room Tip: Top floor room has wonderful large bath.
Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Frances B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Turkish first
Powell River, Canada
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We loved it at Les Degres de Notre Dame. The staff are amazing people who treated us as if we were their very first customers. So totally friendly and giving. I think I will remember Camel for a long, long time! If he and his family came to Canada, I would welcome them into my home.

We ate in the restaurant and I could have eaten every meal there, it was so good. Try the tanjine!

The location is worth every cent and I would stay there again if I am ever again so lucky!

My only suggestion would be that they upgrade the pillows! Time for new ones.

Room Tip: There were 5 of us so we had room 36 and one on the 5th floor. They were both beautiful!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Calgary
Reviewed 26 June 2012

The location of Les Degres de Notre Dame was the reason we booked. We were on the top floor, room 51, which is very roomy with a lovely view of the top of the cathedral. The ceilings and crossbeams are very low and my husband knocked his head a few times. The breakfast is simple but satifactory. Their orange juice the best I have ever tasted. The pillows are horrific. Very lumpy.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank skookum1
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Excellent little hotel near the universities - and opposite Notre Dame which is close by. Stayed for 3 days - check in at the bar and then you get keys which give you 24hr access - decent breakfast included. Definitely would stay there again for the next Paris trip. Stayed in room 21 which was very spacious compared to some I've stayed in the area

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mullasadra
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I stayed in this hotel in 7/2009, needed a 1 night stay before leaving for Nice. Locals in the area guided me to this perfect spot. I was given directions to a room that was not in the actual hotel, but I guess was owned/sublet by the proprietor. It was about a block away from the actual bar/hotel, down a parisian alley, in the hubub of the area. My room actually looked like a VERY small efficiency apt. bathroom/kitchen, little separate sitting room with couch, double bed and antique dinette table. All for the low price of 80 Euro, I even saved my rcpt. Would definitely be back...ask if they still have offsite accomodations.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I have been staying at this hotel since the early 1990s. I love the fact that you check in at the bar! It is a charming place in the 5th on a quiet square and a stone's throw from Notre Dame. In the summertime, the restaurant has tables outside and it can be a nice spot for an aperitif or dinner though the cuisine - simple plats - are underwhelming. There are probably less than 10 rooms (6?) and each is decorated uniquely - some more elaborate than others. My favorite has been the large room on the 2nd floor. My least favorite has been on the top floor. The rooms could use a makeover as they are looking a bit worn. With no elevator, the staircase is steep and winding but the hotel staff will assist you with your luggage. We always love the breakfast which consists of croissants, pain, beurre, confiture, yaort and fresh squeezed jus d'orange. You can enjoy it in the restaurant until 10 am or have it delivered to your room. For many years when making reservations we went through Nicole who we got to know over time though she was not there the last time we went. It's a good spot that has provided hospitality to me and my family for 2 decades.

Room Tip: Large room on second floor is my favorite.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank MBM212
County Offaly, Ireland
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This hotel is located less than 5 mins walk from Notre Dame and is a perfect base to explore Paris, booking the room was simple and the directions from the metro to hotel flawless, we stayed in room 36 which has three windows overlooking the little square and a good sized bathroom, the hotel was spotless, breakfast just gorgeous and such a romantic quiet area, minutes walk from the hussle and bustle of the latin quarter yet when in the room it was silent except for the bells of Notre Dame chiming in the distance. Staff were very friendly and helpful, if travelling to Paris again I would defnitely stay here, there is no lift so if one has mobility issues maybe it is not the place, but for location, romance, great food, and an original french experience it is the place to be.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple