“Wonderful Boutique Hotel”

Les Degres de Notre Dame
Ranked #1,359 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 15 October 2012

A lovely little hotel situated in the great location of Notre Dame. As a couple we stayed in room 24 which was very romantic. The room had a shabby chic decor with some antique furniture and a beautiful bathroom including a warm and powerful shower. Our room was facing the back street which was pleasantly quiet.

Breakfast is included which consists of croissants, bread tea/coffee, fresh orange juice and a yogurt - enough to fill you up till mid afternoon!

The staff were very helpful and attentive. They also run a restaurant attached to the hotel which serves some of the best food we found in Paris for the price they charge.

Would most definitely stay again and would certainly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Josie H

Reviewed 14 October 2012

This is a very small hotel, more like a B&B, but with a unique style, some beautiful rooms, and very friendly and helpful staff. The prices are good for the area, and include a very nice breakfast. In addition, there is a lovely North African - style restaurant that is part of the property. We had an amazing room (501) that is more of a loft than a regular room, with a sitting area, huge bathroom, and original artwork all part of it. In addition, one window has a view of Notre Dame, which is about 100 M away! Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andy_from_Broomall
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I spent 4 nights there this month, my third stay at this hotel over the last 20 years. It offers everything I want in a Paris hotel. Located in the oldest part of Paris, on the left bank near Notre Dame, this building has got to reach back to the 1500s. It's on a classic narrow Parisian street surrounded by 100s of restaurants and cafes all open late. The staff is attentive and the rooms and bathrooms are up to date and clean. My room on a top floor even had a view of the towers of Notre Dame, I could hear the bells. The stairs weren't fun, but I managed. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Richard O
Reviewed 13 September 2012

This is a charming, small, family run hotel that has all the requirements needed for a pleasant stay in Paris. If you are moderately fit and can handle a small staircase and short walk to the metro station you will be happy. Its not the Ritz, but its not a cookie cutter chain hotel either.
We just stayed in room 11 and found:
A comfortable bed.
Good water pressure and hot water in the shower.
It was clean.
Excellent continental breakfast..

You will hear the garbage collectors at 7:30 and the school bells at 8:00 but it'll be quiet enough if you need to take a catch-up afternoon nap.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2012

My family (2 teens, my husband, and I) just spent 5 days in Paris at Les Degres de Notre Dame and had a fabulous experience. We were on the top floor of this hotel and loved peeking out the windows of our room at the towers of Notre Dame - it made it well worth the climb up (no elevator). We really got a feel for the character of the older parts of the city by staying here. You can walk to a number of sites and the Metro is a short walk away as well. The hotel staff were very nice and helpful - accommodating our late pm arrival and an early am departure and helping with information about navigating locally). We loved going to breakfast in the morning (included in the room fee). The croissants were my son's favorite part of the trip and my daughter loved having fresh squeezed orange juice each morning. It was very hot in Paris when we were there, but the air conditioner worked well. When looking for a hotel, I wanted to find a place that was authentic, reasonably priced, and not a cookie-cutter chain. This was the perfect choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth G
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Have just returned from a long weekend in Paris and stayed at this rather fabulous little Hotel, which I researched on Trip Advisor. Wow, how lovely to have the experience of feeling that you're somewhere different...So often do I find that sometimes you stay in Hotels and think you could be anywhere. Not with this little gem of a place-you could only be in Paris, and a Paris that I feel is sometimes being lost. Wonderful location, a stone's throw from Notre Dame but in a quiet little street,rooms that are full of authentic French charm, and thank God, a million miles from those bland, plasticky boutique style Hotels.Shabby,yes, but oh so charming, and spotlessly clean.We stayed in room 52, right at the top of the building. To begin with, we had to stop every couple of floors to rest, but after a day,we hit our stride and enjoyed the workout!Lovely breakfast, and warm friendly staff.My husband was delighted with my choice of Hotel, and has not stopped telling everyone about it since we returned home. We'll definately return.

Room Tip: Top floor room has wonderful large bath.
Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Frances B
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We loved it at Les Degres de Notre Dame. The staff are amazing people who treated us as if we were their very first customers. So totally friendly and giving. I think I will remember Camel for a long, long time! If he and his family came to Canada, I would welcome them into my home.

We ate in the restaurant and I could have eaten every meal there, it was so good. Try the tanjine!

The location is worth every cent and I would stay there again if I am ever again so lucky!

My only suggestion would be that they upgrade the pillows! Time for new ones.

Room Tip: There were 5 of us so we had room 36 and one on the 5th floor. They were both beautiful!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends