“Horrible, disgusting! Sincerely ashamed of such behavior”
Review of Les Etages

Les Etages
Ranked #369 of 438 Nightlife in Paris
Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Horrible, disgusting! Sincerely ashamed of such behavior”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Worst bar experience -

We entered the bar with seven people (all Parisians - this isn't an anti tourist situation) and had the owner very rudely tell us that once we sat somewhere we had to come back to the bar to order and bring back the drinks ourselves to the table. They didn't let us take more than one menu to the table, even if we were a large group. Two of us went to the bar to pick up our drinks and they told us to bring them upstairs without offering help or a tray.
One of the wine glasses was DISGUSTING. The person with the wine glass asked for a new glass, thinking it was just an accident. The owner very rudely replied that it was children's fingerprints and that we shouldn't make a big deal out of it. Before we could say anything he blew up and furiously told us all to leave ("this is my bar and I don't want you in it"). He pushed us out the door and gave us the finger in front of his colleagues and everyone who was still in the bar.

As a born and raised Parisian I can say I am very ashamed to witness such behavior in Paris!! I sincerely hope that tourists will see that this is not representative of the Parisians! Cheers

Visited December 2012
1 Thank hibouxquivoyagent

Paris
“Avoid les etages!”
Reviewed 9 December 2008

The worst place I've ever been!
Dirty, expensive and the owner is rude!

"Bar du marché" in the same street or "les éditeurs" are the places to go in the area.