“The very best of Paris”
Review of Ooh La La Food

Ooh La La Food
Ranked #16 of 143 Classes & Workshops in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Join our energetic, fun, Paris-born, instructors, and try your hand at new cuisine, taste new foods, learn French food culture, and most of all have fun.Learn – Eat – Enjoy First, raid the local farmers’ market together with your host, a fanatic French food buff, shopping for seasonal produce of your choosing.Second, cook – fun and simple recipes to turn produce you like into superb dishes your friends will love you for.Then devoure all this food.
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I have just come home from 2 wonderful weeks in Paris and I have been telling everyone about Philippe, the most interesting person in the city. I have named him "Liquid Gold" for his excellent mind, abilities and aptitude for welcoming this American to my first cooking class. Now no one else will do!

I have already begun to plan for a future visit and hope to book every tour with Philippe, he is a Paris treasure.

Who ever is reading this and other reviews concerning Ooh La La Food or My Hush Hush Paris would be well advised to book early and take advantage of this wonderful resource!

All reviews
"excellent company"
in 2 reviews
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 7 February 2014

If you're looking for a Paris cooking class or tour, don't look any further. You must book with Philippe.

My boyfriend and I booked a Golden Triangle tour with Philippe and a cooking class, and they are both among our favorite experiences during our time in Paris.

Philippe gives a fantastic behind the scenes tour of different areas of Paris. He keeps things interesting, relevant and exciting. He has also spent a lot of time in the U.S. and is good with comparing life in the U.S. with life in Paris.

His cooking class is also wonderful. We met with a group of six other great people and toured the wonderful markets in Philippe's neighborhood. After, we cooked up the delicious food in Philippe's great apartment and had a fantastic meal. Even better than the food, though, was the experience. We all shared stories, laughs, and had a wonderful time cooking and learning about Parisian culture.

Trust me on this one. Book with Philippe!

-Emily and Matt (West Virginia)

Visited December 2013

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Mira and I had a great time with Phillipe. We arrived at his meeting point and he enthusiastically took us around the market bantering with the market stall owners and telling us passionately about his favourite stalls.
We then went to the cheese shop where we bought some delicious (seasonal) cheese and he also showed us some other cheese that we might want to try in the future.
We learnt how clean and prepare the scallops, which were plump, huge and very fresh!
He followed this starter by showing us a very clever way of cooking and arranging our salmon.
The desert we had was to die for and was a chocolate lovers dream! I wont tell the secret though because Phillipe said he would hunt us down if we did ;-)
We then all sat down together drinking wine and eating in true French style. I felt so lucky to have been on the course and I can't wait to try out the thing I've learnt and impress my friends with my new skills!
Thanks Phillipe we had so much fun!!
Beth x

Reviewed 2 December 2013

So my wife and I were in Paris for our honeymoon and were looking for a cooking experience of some variety. We found Philippe via a simple Google search. He had no classes scheduled for the week were were in Paris, but he graciously opened up a class just for the two of us. We had z-e-r-o expectations as we got off the Metro to meet Philippe. As others have stated, he took us to the market near his home and we purchased our provisions. He followed this with a trip to the cheese shop and off we went to cook. His home is very neat and well-decorated. We cooked an appetizer, main course and dessert. There was a cheese course--of course--also. The recipes were not complicated and very repeatable back here in the states. We are making the molten lava chocolate cake for sure! The food was really quite great, but the highlight was Philippe's wit, humor and personality. Frankly, we could have gone to his home to learn to knit or to do a Zumba class and had just as much fun. We learned so much about Paris, culture, food and Philippe's family. He is warm, engaging, well-spoken, intelligent and FUNNY! Philippe could charge folks just to hang out with him for a few hours--seriously! We will be taking one of his walking tours next time we are in Paris to be sure; I can't imagine how entertaining such an excursion would be.

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Philippe's cooking class was wonderful! The location was exceptionally easy to get too. We conducted a market tour to purchase the ingredients for the meal at the open market across the street from the meeting location. It was much fun watching him interact with the sellers while teaching us what to look for when purchasing the fresh ingredients. He then took us to a cheese store which had an amazing selection of cheese. We then walked a short distance to his apartment. The lesson was hands-on with Philippe's guiding us at every step, the small class size made this possible. Be warned that you should be ready to take notes and pictures as you go through the recipes as Philippe's does not provide recipe sheets. This was not a problem for me as I had my cell phone for note taking and a series of pictures which allowed me to easily repeat the recipes at home The funniest part of the class was partaking of the food with the fellow members of the class and phillipe. His knowledge of the city and ability to converse on as wide range of topics was quite amazing and made the exchange of ideas exciting. I would highly recommend this as a starting point for your visit as you will learn much about the culture and places to visit and eat at while staying in Paris. In addition, if I had taken the class ealyr I would have attempted to join one of Philippe's tours as I am sure they must also Be as rewarding and worthwhile as this class.

3  Thank Kathy M