“Many branches, actually”

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Many branches, actually”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

I was never anyplace near the shop listed in the title, on rue Raymond Losserand, but we bought a few times at the shop on the rue Vieille du Temple and buy by phone from their shop in Tel Aviv (!). They actually have many branches, and a French website, and an English (US) website.

The specialize in teas, but also have teapots and other equipment, books about tea, some herbs for infusion, etc.

The shop on rue Vieille du Temple would prepare samples of various teas to drink on the spot - very pleasant if you're walking down that way and get caught in the rain.

I can heartily recommend their plain ole (no special name added) Lapsang Souchong and their plain ole fleur de jasmin. I used to also get a black Ceylon tea which I liked there, but I haven't seen it listed lately.

The only thing I don't like about the company is that they're starting a campaign to use inflated, flowery talk to write about teas the way the wine-snobs write about wine. It's bad enough that we have to put up with it when drinking wine.

Visited June 2012

Brooklyn, NY
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“amazing selection, perfect gifts.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

we've been drinking îlie maurice and earl grey fleurs bleues for years now and if you haven't tried those, you really are missing out. the shop in the marais is lovely. you can smell everything and the tea sellers are extremely knowledgeable about every single tea that they carry. my family and friends love the teas as gifts. check it out!

Visited February 2013
los angeles
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great tea selection at reasonable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

I'm surprised there's only one review here so far, so I want to add mine. This shop has multiple locations in Paris, as well as 2 stores in NY (and online ordering, at least within US). I've been to the location in the Marais (rue Vielle du Temple) and in the 6th (rue Cherche Midi). I'm guessing that the Marais location is the largest, as it has 2 good sized rooms. This is as good as Mariage Freres, which has a lot more buzz it seems (and a much longer history). Palais has the advantage of being a few euros less for similar teas than Mariage Freres. Definitely worth a visit if you're a tea lover. Packaging doesn't have the same type of old world charm, for lack of a better word, than MF does -- but who cares if quality is same at lesser price.

Visited February 2013