“Excellent hotel for value and location”

Hotel Alize Grenelle Tour Eiffel
Ranked #835 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent hotel for value and location”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I took an European tour and stayed behind in Paris for 3 more days. The reason I booked this hotel was beacuse my friend is living in Paris and this hotel is only one block away from her apartment. We can walk to my friend's home for breakfast and take the metro to get around Paris. We can view the Eiffel Tower on the street from my frined's home. By looking at the hotel's website, the hotel is an old building to be renovated to a hotel. I didnot expect to much and just looking at the convenience of close to my friend's. However, I found this hotel very clean and modern inside.
The room is not too small and is ok for the two ladies to share the bathroom counter. During our Europen tour, some hotel whicj we stayed can only allow one person to use. Although the elevator is very smal but good enough for moving our luggage up and down. We felt like home away from home. The staff were very helpful. Although the check in time is 3.00 p.m. but after we check out from Le Meridain hotel at 11.00 a.m. We have to move our luggages to Hotel Alize Grenelle and go out. The staff gave us the room right the way. Hotel is very closed to metro station, shops, good restaurant and bakery. The local shopping mall is only 3 mins walk. The annual sales season is in last week of June and 1st week of July, the price can be reduced to 50% or even 70% off from the original price. My friend told me this is the best time to shop in Paris.
Strongly recommended.

Room Tip: If you have trouble in climbing up the staris, you should choose the lower level room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Found this hotel to be good value and a good location, not overpriced (compared to some - AND they had a lift - yeh) and not too far away from the Paris highlights, a lot were within walking distance. A number of restaurants also nearby so was always easy to find a place to have dinner.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My best friend and I stayed at this hotel while in Paris. Excellent! Clean, very nice rooms for the price we paid. The location was ideal to us because we wanted to do the big "touristy" things in Paris (i.e., Eiffel Tour, etc.). It was also close to a few metro stations and places to eat. Staff was very helpful, even with our very little French we knew :-) Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kala A
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I really recommend this hotel, it is nice and clean, it has free wifi and a great location; and it also has a fair cost. My room was very comfortable and despite for some moments I could feel a little vibratiion due to the train passing near by that didn't disturb my sleep at all. Also the staff were very nice and helpful. If I return to Paris I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ana A
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I would definetally come back to the hotel my next stay in Paris.
Everything was better than I though and over exceed expectations.
Very good value for money
Could not get anything like it for the same price or even near from it.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Andres P
London
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My second stay as this hotel as it is very convenient for the Roland Garros French Open. Rooms clean and modern. Bathroom good size. If your room is at the front of the hotel (ours was) you'll need to keep the windows shut at night because of street noise and it then gets too warm. Polite helpful staff. Breakfast disappointing but functional. Would have liked some fresh fruit and muesli. Wifi was good most of the time but later at night I could sometimes not get online as it said there were too many simultaneous users. We were provided with 3 pillows and requested a 4th to be told that the hotel was full and there were no more. This was a bit pathetic. VERY comfy beds. We had 2 singles. There is a good choice of restaurants nearby. We tried a couple of brasseries and an excellent Moroccan restaurant serving great tagines and cous cous dishes. I can't recall its name but it is on the other side of the road nearer the "Avenue Emile Zola" Metro station. On days when we weren't at the tennis, it was quite well located for some tourist spots. We walked to the Eiffel Tower area and from there along the Seine, we walked to Montparnasse and the fascinating cemetery there and last year we walked to the Rodin Museum. If you don’t like walking or want to go further afield, it is very easy to hop on the Metro.

Room Tip: Next time we'll ask to be on the inside of the hotel away from the street noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LightTouch
Godalming, Surrey, UK
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights whilst visiting the tennis at Roland Garros. The location was great, very near the Metro and easy to get to the tennis. There are plenty of shops, cafes and restaurants nearby. We went to the Restaurant L'Epopee next door, which I highly recommend. On the downside the rooms at the hotel are tiny and really not big enough for two people if you are staying for more than a couple of nights. The wardrobe is so shallow the hangers don't fit and there is very little space for belongings. We could hear the occupants in the room next to us talking and being noisy until well after midnight, and we also heard the metro rumbling through at frequent intervals, so the soundproofing is not good and we slept badly. (We were on the first floor). The lift is very small but I wouldn't describe it as 'scary' like a previous reviewer. The other poor aspect was the breakfast. At 12 Euros it was not good value for money. Coffee and juice from a machine (neither tasted good) and a selection of bread and pastries. There were also yoghurts and cornflakes but the milk was UHT and tasted foul. There was no fresh fruit. If I stayed there again I would go out for breakfast if only to get a decent cup of coffee.
The good points are that the room was clean and modern and not at all shabby. The bed was a standard size double and reasonably comfortable although only one pillow each was provided. The bathroom was small but adequate although separate from the loo which was in the opposite corner of the room. The bedroom and bathroom both had a Juliette balcony and the Wi-Fi connection was good. The staff were polite and those on reception spoke good English.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple