“Hard to get back in!”
Review of Hotel Amelie

Hotel Amelie
Ranked #735 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 24 November 2011

All great apart from when we returned to the hotel after dinner at 9.30pm on the Saturday night - the hotel was locked and the reception dark, and we could see through the window there was no one there. After ten minutes of ringing the doorbell and getting quite worried (as two women we didn't want to be hanging around in the dark, the hotel is on a deserted side street) and when we were just panicking that we would be on the street overnight, eventually a member of staff came back from a cellar area where he said he couldn't hear the doorbell. Apart from this annoyance it is a sweet little place with small clean rooms and the location is perfect for a couple of days sightseeing.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 November 2011

My boyfriend and I went to Paris for a short city break. We went to this hotel on my friend's recommendation and we don't regret it. It makes our trip more enjoyable. We were accommodated in new renovated room. Hotel is located in a great area, there are lot of shops and cafes, but still quiet for a good sleep. Tube is just 2 minutes walk so very handy. All staff was very friendly. Only one thing I would mention, rooms are pretty small. We were absolutely fine with that as we didn't spend too much time in the hotel, but I know some people prefer bigger rooms. Are you going to Paris? Make sure, you have enough pocket money, Paris is expensive, but it worth it to visit. We will be coming back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Booked this hotel for 3 nights after reading reviews on TripAdvisor and Expedia. Fantastic location, and close to the amazing Rue Cler market (a must-see). Lots of cute neighborhood-y cafes, bars and shops. I actually liked this neighborhood more than the other touristy areas. While the room was pretty bare bones, it did the trick. Like most of you, you will be out walking around all day and just need a place to sleep at night! We faced busy Rue Amelie, so it was pretty noisy, but bearable. See if you can get a room facing a different way. Also, walking up the stairs is good exercise. :) There was a safe that worked, and the shower worked, so that was good enough for us. Awesome, friendly staff - had a great conversation with one gentleman that worked the night shift. Would definitely come back here next time.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LisaBoston1982
Reviewed 8 October 2011

For my Birthday, my boyfriend and I went to Paris, Hotel Amelie came up in a few searches, was quite a cheap price and seemed well located. I was however dubious, with so many b&b's to choose from in Paris, you just never know what you are going to get, even with loads of research into the hotel.

It turned out to be a little gem. There was a calm, shabby chic atmosphere and it was perfectly located near the Eiffel Tower. I recommend for easy going couples who want to add a romantic sparkle to their Parisian adventures.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wanderlust_Fairy
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This was my second trip to Paris this year, and unlike last year when I travelled in May and room prices were cheaper, this year work sent me in June, so all of a sudden hotel rates tripled. I stayed it near the Eiffel Tower last year, and wanted to stay in the same area this year as it's the only part of Paris I'm familiar with.

I found Hotel Amelie via TripAdvisor, and am so glad I did. The neighbourhood is very safe and quiet - particularly for a female travelling on their own, and Amelie, whilst small, is clean and the staff warm and friendly.

The rooms are very small, but you're only after a place to sleep after hard day of shopping. The rooms are clean and recently refurbished. The bathroom is small, but very functional and very clean. Again has recently been refurbished. It's in a very quiet neighbourhood, and it's hard to believe you're only a couple of blocks away from a major tourist attraction.

Amelie doesn't have a restaraunt, but omn the short walk to the Eiffel Tower or the Metro station you will find many many wonderful cafes and restaraunts. My waste line is starting to show my love of french food.

I would definately recommend Amelie to particularly female travellers due to the safe location and the lovely 2 elderly gentlemen who seem to run the place. They are helpful - particularly with getting your suitcase up and down the small sprial staircase, and their knowledge of Paris.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank Clarks_Girl
Reviewed 30 May 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel during our recent vacation to Paris - our first visit to the city. Overall, I thought the hotel was reasonable for the price given the location. The quality of the room was average, but for us it was worth it because we were not looking for a hotel that we were going to hole ourselves up in for our visit.

This hotel's location is probably the best aspect. It's in the 7th arrondissement, just around the corner from the Rue Cler area (and about 5/6 blocks from the Eiffel Tower). The neighborhood is very quiet and not overrun with tourists (compared to other areas.) We were able to easily get to the popular landmarks during the day and then leave all of that at night when we needed peace and quiet for sleeping or a quiet dinner.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They all spoke English very well and some had very helpful tips/advice on locations and the culture.

Our room was very simple - a bed, a bathroom, a nighstand, a small desk, a TV, and a small fridge. If you're looking for something with more substance, this probably would not be the place for you. However, our bed was very comfortable and the room served it's purpose for us - a place to clean up and sleep.

The one drawback to this hotel for us was the bathroom. It was very tight and the amenities were not exactly ideal. The shower was very small, and we had difficulties keeping the water temperature consistent. As I mentioned above, this was our first visit to Paris, so I don't have anything to compare expectations in terms of bathroom quality, etc.

If location is important to you, I would definitely consider this hotel. I'm sure there are others that offer more, but there's usually a price tag that goes along with it.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank dmeband
Reviewed 29 December 2010

There is a small elevator. And two stairways.

Close to rue CLER. and small grocery grocery stores.

Buy a small coffee pot and use the little fridge.
Great "camping" in Paris.

Small room but bigger than most bedrooms in Canada.
Small but clean washroom.

Nice and ample common space on ROOF and in lobby area. Very club like.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple