5 of us had three rooms for 5 nights in June. The hotel is on a quiet, tree-lined street and was recently remodeled. For our first trip to Paris we were prepared for small rooms but were surprised just how small they were. Having said that, this was one of the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in. While the rooms were small, they were comfortable with clean white linens, a bar fridge, a safe (I never did get mine to work), air conditioning and flat screen tv. Two of the three rooms we had on the fourth floor faced each other across a small central courtyard so didn't have a view. The third room had a nice view of the street. The bathroom in my room was miniscule and one of the shower doors wouldn't open because the sink got in the way which was an issue because I'm a big guy. I did, however, manage to get in and out of the shower.
The hotel is about equal distance from Place de Clichy and Rome Metro stations which makes it convenient to get to wherever you need to go in the city. The hotel was also a short walk from Moulin Rouge which we attended on a Friday night. There are cafes (Augustin/Terasse 17) and shops nearby and you can get anything you need within a couple of minutes. We tended to head towards Place de Clichy to catch the Metro
The staff were, for the most part, friendly and if you tried a little bit of French they would work with you. The young girl working our first night was very helpful getting us 2 cabs in a downpour. We all had issues with our room safes but the staff got them sorted out. I was the only one that tried the breakfast which was okay. It was just as easy to stop on the way to the Metro in the morning and pick up a croissant and a cup of coffee for half the cost.
For the most part, we were in our room only to sleep and change clothes before dinner or a show. If you're looking for spacious, this is not the hotel for you but if you're looking for a comfortable, clean room at a reasonable price (for Paris) then I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Paris.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The B Square hotel is a charming little establishment run by the Béry family It was entirely renovated in the spring of 2012. We are situated in Paris' 17th arrondissement, in the heart of the former village of Batignolles famous for its English-style square, its daily covered market, its shops and its many restaurants. Ideally located close to the Moulin Rouge, Montmartre, Paris's famous chic department stores known collectively as les Grands Magasins, and the Arc de Triomphe ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel B Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Batignolles Villiers
- Batignolles Villiers Paris