“Like being a guest in someones home.”
Review of La Mere Michele - CLOSED

La Mere Michele
Price range: US$28 - US$55
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Stavanger, Norway
“Like being a guest in someones home.”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This is a highly recomended place. The food was excellent and the prices are very reasonable. Genuine french food in a nice, quiet and relaxed atmosphere. Be aware that it is a very small place, only 7 tables, for me and my wife this was only an advantage after a day of strolling the streets of Paris.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank iby00

• Polish first
San Dimas, California
“Wonderful hostess and ambience”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful lunch today on our last day in Paris. Found this restaurant on TA. Hubby had a wonderful pork dish and I enjoyed a lamb dish. We also shared the foie gras appetizer, and even though it wasn't to my liking (too rich for my taste) my husband said it was very good and he enjoyed it. What really makes this restaurant stand out is the warm and gracious service of the owner, she makes you feel relaxed and invited.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank RxVacation
Douglassville, Pennsylvania
“A Wonderful Experience On Our First Night In Paris”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My wife and I took our first trip to Paris in May, and rented a flat a block away from this restaurant. In preparing for our trip I searched nearby restaurants and then checked them out on TA. Based on the wonderful reviews of La Mere Michele and the fabulous photos, I made reservations for us to have dinner here on our first night in Paris. We were not disappointed. Upon arrival we were greeted by Pierre Louis, who we found out later is Michele's ex-husband, but still occasionally helps her out at the restaurant when he is not in London - where he works. He is quite a character - charming, funny, but he also has a serious side. The restaurant, which is quite small but quaint, was a bit slow - only one group of four was dinning when we arrived for a late reservation. Pierre Louis sat us as far away from the other party as he could, so it was if each of us had the place to ourselves. Pierre Louis explained the menu, and assisted with some wine suggestions. My wife and I shared the pate as a starter. It was incredible. My wife has never been a fan, but she tried it again and very much enjoyed it. For my main I tried the pluma,, which is house specialty, at Pierre's recommendation. It is a piece of meat cut from the shoulder area of Iberian pigs, which primarily eat acorns, There are only two small pieces of pluma per hog, and because the Iberian hogs eat acorns, it is ok to eat the pork medium rare. As promised by Pierre it was one of the most unique, and delicious, things I have ever eaten, The flavor was incredibly rich - nothing like pork - more like a cross between beef and young lamb. It was incredible. My wife was not extremely hungry, as we had a late lunch. She opted for the chicken Caesar salad. That was also delicious and unique - more chicken than salad - not what an American would expect when ordering a Caesar salad - different, but better. That said, she was very taken with my pluma, and I think a bit disappointed that she didn't go for it. Unfortunately, we had a late lunch and the pate and our mains had us too full for desert. However, we did have room to try the French moonshine Pierre poured for us for us out of a canteen while donning a French cowboy hat. It was tasty and strong. We were the last customers, so we rounded off the evening with a few more glasses of wine and some quality conversation with Pierre, who told us about France in general and Paris in particular, and was even kind enough to suggest another restaurant for later in the week. If you are looking for someplace in Paris' 7th, give La Mere Michele a try, and make sure someone in your party goes for the pluma.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank cjbesq
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Like visiting family”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My other half and I decided to book this restaurant after reading great reviews from peers and friends. Walking in, we were instantly greeted with a warm welcome. As we're from Scotland originally, my French was only at a level taught in school, yet we were talked through the entire menu in English. The food was delicious, staff were friendly and welcoming, and I would definitely visit again. Highly recommended!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Zoë S
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A marvelous restaurant”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We had seen reviews of La Mere Michele on Trip Advisor and were encouraged to go. Also many years ago we had eaten a restaurant in the 17th by the same name, which was excellent but long gone. We were absolutely delighted by the current restaurant with this name. Mere Michele( her name if Michele and she is a mother and her daughter was helping in the restaurant) is a lovely, personable woman who speaks good english and who enthusiastically explained the entire menu to us. We had read that the foie gras is great,it is on the menu for 18 euros and we would have ordered it for both of us but she told us that one portion was enough for two which it was. It was delicious, the real deal and came with an excellent salad. For the main course we both ate Pluma Iberica which she explained to us is a cut from the pig which is not available in France, she imports it from Spain. Came with polenta infused with tomatoes, also delicious and new to us. The desserts were also wonderful We drank a Croze Hermitage for 31 euros which she recommended and it was a great wine to drink with dinner. Can't wait to go back. Jules and Bernice Silk, Philadelphia Pa

Visited June 2014