“Incredibly Good”

Neighbourhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Atlanta, Georgia
“Incredibly Good”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I agree with all the great reviews of this super find. It is a small cozy place with perfect food and ambiance. We are coming back in two days. If you like great service, perfectly cooked French food, and a relaxing atmosphere Mere Michelle is it!! Madame Michelle was there to welcome us and we immediately felt lucky to be in her restaurant. The street is off of l'Universite and we walked from 6 arr which was a bit far. I feel qualified to recommend this special place because I cook all the time and I am a true foodie.

• Visited August 2014

• Polish first
Stamford, Connecticut
“Wonderful service and good food”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Warm and welcome service. The hostess , Madame Michele, speak English quite fluently. Very small restaurant at most 4 tables on the inside. We ordered steak ( bit chewy) and le pluma Iberique (which is excellent). For dessert, we have Cafe Gourmand (very nice).

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank mlat50
Stavanger, Norway
“Like being a guest in someones home.”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This is a highly recomended place. The food was excellent and the prices are very reasonable. Genuine french food in a nice, quiet and relaxed atmosphere. Be aware that it is a very small place, only 7 tables, for me and my wife this was only an advantage after a day of strolling the streets of Paris.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank iby00
San Dimas, California
“Wonderful hostess and ambience”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful lunch today on our last day in Paris. Found this restaurant on TA. Hubby had a wonderful pork dish and I enjoyed a lamb dish. We also shared the foie gras appetizer, and even though it wasn't to my liking (too rich for my taste) my husband said it was very good and he enjoyed it. What really makes this restaurant stand out is the warm and gracious service of the owner, she makes you feel relaxed and invited.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank RxVacation
Douglassville, Pennsylvania
“A Wonderful Experience On Our First Night In Paris”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My wife and I took our first trip to Paris in May, and rented a flat a block away from this restaurant. In preparing for our trip I searched nearby restaurants and then checked them out on TA. Based on the wonderful reviews of La Mere Michele and the fabulous photos, I made reservations for us to have dinner here on our first night in Paris. We were not disappointed. Upon arrival we were greeted by Pierre Louis, who we found out later is Michele's ex-husband, but still occasionally helps her out at the restaurant when he is not in London - where he works. He is quite a character - charming, funny, but he also has a serious side. The restaurant, which is quite small but quaint, was a bit slow - only one group of four was dinning when we arrived for a late reservation. Pierre Louis sat us as far away from the other party as he could, so it was if each of us had the place to ourselves. Pierre Louis explained the menu, and assisted with some wine suggestions. My wife and I shared the pate as a starter. It was incredible. My wife has never been a fan, but she tried it again and very much enjoyed it. For my main I tried the pluma,, which is house specialty, at Pierre's recommendation. It is a piece of meat cut from the shoulder area of Iberian pigs, which primarily eat acorns, There are only two small pieces of pluma per hog, and because the Iberian hogs eat acorns, it is ok to eat the pork medium rare. As promised by Pierre it was one of the most unique, and delicious, things I have ever eaten, The flavor was incredibly rich - nothing like pork - more like a cross between beef and young lamb. It was incredible. My wife was not extremely hungry, as we had a late lunch. She opted for the chicken Caesar salad. That was also delicious and unique - more chicken than salad - not what an American would expect when ordering a Caesar salad - different, but better. That said, she was very taken with my pluma, and I think a bit disappointed that she didn't go for it. Unfortunately, we had a late lunch and the pate and our mains had us too full for desert. However, we did have room to try the French moonshine Pierre poured for us for us out of a canteen while donning a French cowboy hat. It was tasty and strong. We were the last customers, so we rounded off the evening with a few more glasses of wine and some quality conversation with Pierre, who told us about France in general and Paris in particular, and was even kind enough to suggest another restaurant for later in the week. If you are looking for someplace in Paris' 7th, give La Mere Michele a try, and make sure someone in your party goes for the pluma.

• Visited May 2014