“Small place with good food”
Review of La Mere Michele - CLOSED

La Mere Michele
Price range: US$28 - US$55
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Reviewed 30 August 2015

A small place with a limited menu. With only around 20 seats this place is a crowded place but hey we are in Paris! On the otherhand, the chef/owner is a friendly chap and you can see him cooking in the open kitchen. The girlfriend and i had the black angus steak which was cooked just the way we wanted it.

Reviewed 25 August 2015

I happened upon this place with friends in the summer of 2014, and we all absolutely loved the place! Since then, I have made it a point to bring friends and family who come to visit Paris to this restaurant. Each time I have been the food is just as delightful! The restaurant has a nice cozy ambiance, and the mom and pop authenticity, as well as being able to watch your food being made, makes the experience all the more enjoyable! Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 24 July 2015

Le Mere Michelle is truly a find. This is a tiny restaurant which just adds to the charm. The chef is Mr Michele and Michele serves you. I do not know how such amazing food comes out of such a tiny kitchen. The restaurant is in the 7 arr in a nice quiet area. Prices are very fair considering the quality. If you aren't sure what to order just ask Michele she will not steer you wrong. Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Missie6
Reviewed 6 July 2015

After approx. 2 hours of searching for a restaurant, simply by chance, we found this lovely place. The host, ambiance and food were fabulous! ...nothing more to say. We will definitely visit the restaurant again. One drawback...price of the food was a bit on the pricey side but well worth it!

Reviewed 6 June 2015

Back in Paris for a series of business meetings and then a few days for myself. As I"ve done in the past four years, had dinner last evening at Mere Michele. Never disappointed, always top quality at a fair price. My opinion on Mere Michele, which I've expressed here before, was confirmed by my two companions, both Paris natives, who viewed this as a place that somehow they'd missed. You'll want to get reservations. If needed, Michele speaks English and will help you with the short menu that is changed every month to reflect what foods are in season. Last night I had a dish made from Spanish pork that was the best pork meal I've had in recent memory.