All reviews rue cler eiffel tower la tour maubourg privilege room light show quiet street perfect location around the corner stay there again minute walk mini bar metro station rooms are small restaurants and shops three star yogurt hotel room
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We flew into Paris from London and headed out for this hotel. First, from CDG, it took us almost an hour due to traffic. We got to see the Arc, but it was covered in scaffolding. Ru Amelie is a really cute little street with a few restaurants, police station, and this hotel. The front desk greeted us with open arms and we felt instantly welcomed. The elevator is small, but what isn't in Europe? Our room on the 4th floor was right off the elevator and upon opening the door, we could see the Eiffel Tower through the window. We got inside, dropped our bags and headed for the view. We realized that it was a patio outside of our door/window and wondered who else would be out there, able to look into our room. We stepped out and got an even better view, but also noticed there were no other doors leading here. Wait, our own private patio? YUP! Request this....seriously...request it.

The room was a good size and had a nice safe and armoire. The bed bed was comfy and the decor was modern with a traditional flair. The bathroom was ample and the tub deep. Oddly, the toilet had the best view in the entire room, but I didn't make a habit of hanging there too much...too much too explore.

Breakfast was fantastic! Croissants, jams, cereals, eggs, ham, juices, coffees, really anything you could want. The staff there, and everywhere else, spoke very good Engish, but as always, greet in French first.

Our last night, I went and grabbed a whole meal from Ru Cler (which is just down the block a bit) and we had a picnic on the patio. Oddly, there was no seating out there. That's probably the one thing I could say about the hotel that is negative. Why wouldn't there be a little cafe set out there? I believe there's only one patio in the whole hotel so expense couldn't be the issue. Lack of detail? I don't know. We just grabbed a blanket, instead.

The front desk arranged a car for us for our trip back home and it arrived 30 minutes early (just factor that in if it's a common occurrence at 6am).

Our neighbors mentioned that the street can be a bit intimidating at night, even with the police station so close. That's fine with us, really, because the front desk was always staffed and we didn't generally stay out that late, anyway. Try the pizza place across the street, but be warned, English isn't very good there.

Room tip: Get the room with the patio! 4th floor. Otherwise, the higher, the better.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
jardinseiffel, General Manager at Hotel Jardins d'Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guests,

We are really happy to see that you enjoyed your stay among us and thank you very much for your great review and all your compliments.

I understand your disappointment because there were no chairs and table on the terrace of your room. Actually, we had some troubles in the past because some guests stayed there at night speaking very loud and disturbing other guests; so this is absolutely not a question of budget.

I don't know why your neighbors said that our street could be " a little bit intimatind at night" : rue Amelie is a very quiet street in a safe area.

We look forward to welcoming you for your next trip to Paris.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

It was my first ttime to Paris and I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The location was awesome. The room was on the small size but the bed was big and took up alot of the room. Imagine my surprise when we opened the windows and the Eiffel Tower was starring back at us. At night it was all lit up and glittered on the hour. Such a treat! Great restaurants and bars nearby and streets lined with open air gourmet foods, fruits and flowers. Just like out of a picture.

Room tip: Although we didn't request a room with a view, I was pleasantly surprised to get one. The Eiffel tower all lit up at night out my window is something I won't ever forget.
1  Thank 95Letsgo

Dear Guests,

We thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review about your stay in our hotel.

Our neighborhood offers a lot of very good restaurants and is a perfect example of the Parisian lifestyle. In your message, you mention "rue Cler" which is famous because it is one of the last pedestrian street in Paris with a market (brasseries, bakeries, pastries, delicatessens and ice-cream shops and also wineries, vegetable, flowers, cheese and chocolate shops) and a village atmosphere.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here in July. I can only say that the staff is so incredibly helpful, (calling us as soon as a room was available for us after our 6 am flight arrival in Paris)...helping us find restaurants, and how to get the Metro! The rooms are small but very clean and air conditioned! Which is a plus for us Floridians! We were there on the 14th and were able to watch the fireworks off the Eiffel tower while standing on the balcony of the hotel, drinking wine and enjoying other hotel guests! Great breakfast and service. The location is wonderful, so close to Metro, Eiffel Tower and many restaurants, cafes and even the market....! It is a quiet area of Paris, lots of locals and not a lot of crowds! I will definitely recommend this little gem to all !!! Thank you all for a wonderful stay!!!

Room tip: get a patio facing room!
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Guests,

We thank you so much for this excellent review about the hotel, the neighborhood and especially the service provided by our staff. We pay a great attention to the satisfaction of our guests.

We will be very pleased to welcome you on your next trip.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My wife and I stayed for six nights in July. Very nice, clean and the staff is very nice. The continental breakfast is also a must when you start your day. It is on a quiet street. Definitely select a room with a view of the tower!

Room tip: Select a premier room with a balcony and a view of the tower
Date of stay: July 2014
1  Thank 463vancec
jardinseiffel, General Manager at Hotel Jardins d'Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Guests,

We thank you so much for your great review and for the compliments about the staff, the cleanliness, the breakfast and the view of the Eiffel Tower.

We look forward to welcoming you for your next trip to Paris.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed at Hotel Jardins d'Eiffel when I visited Paris for the first time in May. We stayed in a quiet room right outside of breakfast area which was super comfy and private! Perfect for recovering from our jet lag! The hotel was immaculate! I was extremely impressed with the customer service of the staff. They really went above and beyond to make my six year old and I feel comfortable and safe. Gave us pointers on the surrounding areas. The breakfast was really great. A buffet style continental however I can't get it out of my head, those breads and cheeses were amazing! I would recommend this hotel to a friend and will definatly stay again!

Room tip: Loved the quiet room on bottom floor. No view but great for sleep! :)
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank Ni43
jardinseiffel, General Manager at Hotel Jardins d'Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear guest,

We are really happy to see that you enjoyed your first stay in Paris and in our hotel.

The hotel is situated in a safe area of Paris and our neighborhood is not just a collection of museums and monuments (Invalides, Eiffel Tower, Orsay Museum...) but also a lively district, a very good example of French lifestyle with a lot of restaurants and various shops.

We would be very pleased to welcome you again.