“A night in Paris” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #996 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“A night in Paris”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

I took my Aussie friends for a night in Paris and wanted a cheap typical French hotel. This hotel ticked all the boxes. It was clean with a 1920s feel. Although our welcome wasn't the best the rest of the staff were helpful. We had 2 rooms. The first was very large and comfortable however the 2nd was much smaller and we all paid the same price. Breakfast was continental basic but plently. I think it was excellent value for money but families need to note it is in the red light district.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

We really enjoyed our time at Royal Fromentin. I would recommend it to everyone. The breakfast is good, the hotel has character and I just love the neighbourhood! The hotel staff was also really nice and helpful. We were lucky enough to be given the triple room with views of the Sacre Coeur and the Eiffel tower, as well as the well known and beautiful Paris roofs.

Room Tip: The top floor offers the best views
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Paris, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

A Night at the Hotel Royal Fromentin won't kill you but it isn't going to furnish you with the best memories of Paris either. The doctored colours in the professional photos belie the drab colour scheme in the rooms, the beds are springy and sag when you're in them - which won't bother those on clandestine affairs or honeymooners planning to sleep entwined - but anyone who really values their sleep quality might want to give this place a miss.

The foyer, art deco architecture and antique elevator is a lovely touch, but I wouldn't want to stay here again unless they got new shower heads, fixed the water pressure and replaced the beds. The neighbourhood isn't intolerable, but you won't want to bring the family.

Room Tip: Ask them if they've any rooms with new beds?
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Guernsey, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

Awful customer service, the manager here should be replaced, greedy hotel.I emailed to ask if we could postpone our booking as my little brother was admitted to hospital and the doctor had said he couldn't travel due to potential organ damage. Awful time for us. I didn't get a reply so I called.the lady on the phone was nice and changed the booking but then two days later I received an email in reply back to my original one saying this was not possible. I then went back and said its ok our booking was sorted over the phone and was told no the manager has changed his mind. Their use of exclamation marks in the email made me feel like they were making light of the situation like it wasnt a big deal! It really upsets me that at a time like this when my brother is critically ill they just change their mind and discard us. In my job we would never do this to a customer. Even the airline amended the booking and flights for us given the situation but no this greedy hotel took my money and told me to go away. They really don't care for their customers, the importance of the experience for customers or word of mouth.given our circumstances we would have really appreciated them making a special exception.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jo M
Folkestone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

This hotel is centrally located, and only a very short walk to the Pigalle Metro stop, and the Moulin Rouge. Other reviewers keep pointing out that this hotel is in the 'red light district', and there are sex shops, but we did not see any prostitutes, or anything else that might worry your kids. We felt safe and comfortable at all times, and we did not notice any street noise.

We had a room on the 3rd floor (No. 34), which was spacious and had a view of the Sacre Coeur from the window. The hotel is clean, plenty of hot water, and our room was serviced every day. The reception staff were very friendly, and helpful. If you're into the history of Paris, the hotel owner has written a history of absinthe, the hotel was a cabaret at the peak of absinthe drinking. You can drink absinthe in the hotel bar, and they have authentic absinthe spoons etc.

The downside: the hotel breakfast was a bit sparse. Croissants, rock hard bread, cheese, yogurt, and cereals. 'No ham?', was my boyfriend's refrain every morning. UK travellers should be aware that there are no tea and coffee facilities in the rooms.

All that said, this hotel was reasonably priced and I wouldn't hesitate to book it again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the street, you will get big windows that allow you to create a balcony fe...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple