Hotel Maubeuge Gare Du Nord
US$527
Hotel Muguet(Paris)
US$233
US$228
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$152
  • Bar/Lounge
US$510
US$411
  • Room Service
All reviewsquick accesseuropean standardsbudget hotelmetro stationeurostar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We stayed in this hotel for couple days in the end on November. To be honest, me and my husband didn't like it at all. The only good thing about this hotel was that it was close to metro. The room was tiny, the horrible smell was present the whole time, we tried to the window but it didn't really help. The bathroom was bad, not really clean. We had half size bath tube in there and it was impossible to take shower without wetting the whole bathroom. They were doing renovation or something in the hotel so it was a little noisy. The elevator worked only till second floor the rest you have to walk if your room is on upper floor. I would also recommend to bring your towels with you.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Traveler20100
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Positive;
Very good location within 5-10 min. walking distance to Gare du Nord Station, respectful staff, no traffic/room noise, clean, free coffee serve at lobby, if you want to explore the city until the time of check-in bags will keep an eye on.
negative;
Very small rooms, very small shower, don't expect it to meet with your too high expectations.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank AliceLiddell7
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Booked this hotel thru priceline for 2 nights. We were on the last leg of our Europe tour. I booked this hotel with primary consideration on location which is proximity to the main train station in paris. I've also based my decision by the pictures i've see online which turned out to be deceiving. The bathroom is a 3x8 area all combined into one (sink, comode, shower). You basically have to face sideways in order not to have your knees touched against the wall and i'm just a 5'9'' person. The bathroom emits a sewage odor all night long so the door must be closed always to prevent the stench from spreading to the room. We came back late evening from a day tour in london and found the windows wide open, floor soaking wet and my luggage soaked also. I complained to the 1 man reception/manager about the problem and he told me that they're fully booked so there's no other room available to move into. I can hardly believe that they're fully booked. Since only half of the floor area was wet and we're checking out that next morning, i did not argue anymore. We got thru the night, checked out early and headed to the airport. This one hotel experience at the conclusion of our tour is the only sour note of our 10 day europe tour experience. I will not recommend this place to anybody.

Room Tip: Pictures are deceiving. Read the reviews carefully. Even if the hotel is listed by those well known search engines, it doesn't mean that you're guaranteed to get a good one. One or two negative replies should raise a red flag.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I've stayed in Paris before. I've stayed in Paris 2 star hotels before. I have never in my life walked into a hotel I've booked and left within 10 minutes of arrival. Booked a quadruple room for 1 night on the basis of the website photos. Room bore no resemblence at all. The double bed was only a large single. Room wouldn't sleep the 4 of us. Noisy lift shaft clanking constantly in the middle of our room. Very claustrophobic. Filthy, absolutely filthy. 6 flights up a narrow spiral staircase (lift only just big enough to squeeze luggage in). Carpet on the stairs lifted - not just little bits, we really had to pick our way up the stairs in places. Absolutely no way I was going to allow my family to stay here. I explained to a completely disinterested receptionist why we were leaving. I was still charged 149 euros despite leaving without using any hotel facilities. Hotel was so horrid that we left without knowing where in Paris we would stay that night.... big gamble with kids in tow! Just highlights what a massive disappointment this hotel was. Don't believe the shiny photos ....it doesn't look or feel anything like recently renovated any more!!

Room Tip: If you want to pick a nice room go to a different hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank gr8toes
Reviewed 3 July 2011

This hotel had the smallest ensuite and we almost had to back out in order to dry ourselves! Room very noisy from street noise. WiFi was free. Room wasn't overly clean. Staff indifferent.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family