“Great value & location”
Review of Hotel Beaubourg

Hotel Beaubourg
Ranked #473 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Beautifully quiet room, helpful staff and a very convenient location - near to Metro and walking distance to the Louvre, Notre Dame, Pompidou Centre & many more attractions. The Marais, where it is located, is a vibrant area with some wonderful food. Only downside was the size of the room (small for a week stay, but that's Paris hotels.) Breakfast was OK, but surrounding cafes and boulangeries probably provide better value and variety.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelBeaubourg, Propriétaire at Hotel Beaubourg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Thank you very much for your comment.

We are really sorry that you find our classic double room to small , we have 4 of our classic are a bit small that true, some other classic rooms are bigger, but it s the size of the room that you can find in all hotel in this area of Paris , this is typical parisians, next time we recommend you to book a SUPERIOR DOUBLE ROOM wich is more really more bigger

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

I was expecting a fairly decent hotel because I booked through a travel agent from Paris. First, the good points: the location is cool, the bathroom was newly done and the AC worked. The bad: the room fits little more than the bed. No room for two suitcases. The elevator was supposedly under repair but there were no workers during the three days of my visit and no it wasn't a holiday. The desk person grudgingly dragged some bags up the three flights. The room showed wear and tear. When I asked if there might be a better room I was told that I had one of the best.

• Stayed: August 2013
HotelBeaubourg, Propriétaire at Hotel Beaubourg, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Thank you very much for your comment.

We are really sorry that you find our classic double room to small, this is typical parisians, next time we recommend you to book a SUPERIOR DOUBLE ROOM wich is more really more bigger.
The room you got was not our best room as you mention, we have superior & also the junior suite with private terasse.

About the elevator , IT WORK NOW, i promise you that they were the technician working on it but on the basement , so you can t see them , unfortunatly a piece was broken & need to be fix & it took 3 days, but me & all the front desk team help everyguests to take the luggage by the stairs.

Regards

Reviewed 23 August 2013

First off this is not a five star resort so I had already tempered my expectations. If I had wanted the 5 star experience I would have gone to the four seasons or the intercon or something like that. On this trip we were saving our budget for other destinations. I agree that staff are not willing to help with luggage or anything. They simply handed us a key and that was it. Luckily we were on the first floor - the lift was broken and we had 5 suitcases between us! Honestly if we had not been on the first floor I would have left and gone to stay somewhere else. As luck would have it, our room was easy enough to get to so no dramas. The room itself was ok- large by paris standards especially at a boutique hotel. The bathroom was good and had a bathtub which I like. It was comfortable but lacked basic amentities that I'm used to such as a kettle, an iron and a safe. The wifi was free and worked really well. There was always someone at the front desk if you needed anything. We were facing the inner courtyard so the outlook was nice but because it was a public courtyard accessible to all guests, we constantly felt we had to keep our blinds closed. The hotel is well located and an easy walk or metro ride to all areas. Overall it was not bad, but for me I prefer to pay more for the bigger name hotels with full service amenities. I think this hotel is great if you're on a budget and want to save on accommodation - it's definitely good value for money but it is very much no frills.

Room Tip: If you're travelling with a lot of luggage ask for a room on the first floor since apparently yo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelBeaubourg, Propriétaire at Hotel Beaubourg, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you very much for your comment.

We were sorry that our lift was broken when you was here, a piece of the lift was broken & needed to be fix , now it s working again.

About the kettle , we offer one if you simply ask at the desk, same for Iron you just ask at the desk & we bring you in a room specially design for that , is safe for Fire problem in the room, and about the safe , there s one at the desk where you can leave anything you want .

Reviewed 14 August 2013

The staff at this hotel were extremely helpful. I realized that I had not located the hotel on a map prior to leaving Canada, figuring that I would easily find it when we arrived in Paris. rue Simon Le-Franc is VERY short, so doesn't show up on many printed maps. Thankfully the hotel had sent me a 'welcome' email the day before we departed. So I just tagged onto that and asked for directions - Chris emailed me as we travelled into the city from CDG Airport. The other staff were very polite and helpful. The location is fantastic as well.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

My wife and I spent three nights at the Hotel Beaubourg in late July 2013. Excellent Paris location, quiet, clean, fast wifi, excellent AC, comfortible firm bed. We've never slept better. The room was small, but that was expected. Anything you might need is nearby. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Arch4204
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Not a hotel I would recommend.
It did not help that the lift was broken and that there was construction happening across the road.
Also this could have been made easier if the hotel staff had some personality.
There was no readiness to help. It seemed more of a chore than something they look forward to you. You would think if you were working in the hospitality industry you would be enthused to help your customers and at least try and go beyond their expectations.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelBeaubourg, Propriétaire at Hotel Beaubourg, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thank you very much for your comment.

We were sorry that our lift was broken when you was here, a piece of the lift was broken & needed to be fix , now it s working again , about your luggage we help each guest to take their luggage until the room , many peoples ask for it due to the lift problem & we did it , that really strange that you didn t find any help with that , we are sorry about it .

the building construction on the corner of the street is finishing end of august but didn t affect any noise in the hotel

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Was a nice place in a great location. Quiet, clean and well air-conditioned. Even with the 93F/36C weather my room was cool. Nice breakfast. Close to major attractions and the Metro. The bathroom was clean and of recent renovation.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo