“Great Location”

Ranked #1,212 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Canada
“Great Location”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

This Hotel is in a very good location. Easy access to Notre Dame and canal. From the cathedral you can take hop on hop yours to see the rest of Paris at you leisure. The reception was helpful and there is a shuttle you can book to CDG airport. Clean room but very noisy and no AC so you were forced to open the balcony doors for cooler evening air and with that came the bugs and noise. Good for the cost!

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank jaetee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

My husband, daughter & I stayed at the Royal Cardinal for 3 nights. First, the good. The location is perfect, especially since I was extra-excited to see Notre Dame. Staff was helpful, although one desk clerk literally made us close the front door so he could try to talk us into buying a river cruise. We didn't even get a word in edgewise to tell him we already had. And why did he have us close the front door? Ah, because of the street noise. Our room was at the front, on the street. Much traffic noise day and into the wee hours of the morning. Even worse, there is a bar across the street that had loud crowds : the non-stop loud talking and laughing poured into our room till nearly 3am, followed by random groups shouting loudly in the street. And there is no air conditioning, so if you close the doors to the street to try to mute the noise, you are in a hot, stuffy room. So, pick your problem: sweltering room or incredibly loud street noise. Either way, don't expect to sleep much at the Royal Cardinal. There are hotels nearby on the Rue des Ecoles that advertise air conditioning. So you could shut the doors to the street noise. And they aren't directly across the street for the Loudest Bar In Paris (at least at 2:30am!!). Find another place to stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cynthia C

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

2 star hotel, a bit pricey, but this is Paris in full season. Clean and quiet room. Excellent location in Cartier Latin, useful for getting back by foot from different landmarks of Paris. Mr. Fabio is a remarkable gentleman at the Reception Desk. Recommend!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sebastian D
Albany, Oregon
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed for 5 nights at this hotel. I loved that fact that it had an elevator, as I was traveling with my 80 year old mom and we were on the top floor. This hotel had nice people at the reception desk and they were always there to greet you when you came in or left the hotel. Our favorite person at the front desk was Anna. She was so kind and helpful. She even printed out my daughters ticket for the Eiffel Tower for me and was always willing to answer questions, help with directions, etc. with a friendly attitude!! We were close to the metro stop (one long block away), so did not need to take a taxi in from the airport. We were within walking distance from Notre Dame and the Louvre...and my daughter and I even walked to the Sacre Couer...but that was an all day long walk. The metro was quite easy to get on and off to get to other places around the city. My daughter loved the American Diner right up the street called BIA. We ate there every day. Our room was kept very clean each day. It was very small but had all that we needed. It was hot- so we kept the window open and it could get quite loud at night as there was a bar across the street. I felt safe at this hotel and in the surrounding area and would stay out til nearly midnight each night with my daughter and my mom. I loved that noone could come into the hotel and get past the reception desk with out having to talk to the person at the desk. We only had breakfast one morning here- it consisted of a roll, a croissant, coffee or tea and orange juice for 7 Euros. We ate breakfast at BIA all the other mornings in Paris for more variety. However, breakfast is delivered to your room and that was really nice for our first morning there. Also- we had no Euros when we first arrived, so it was nice to have breakfast charged to our room and not to worry about a restaurant not taking credit cards or needing to change money right away our our first day. This hotel was kept very clean and the staff was very helpful and kind.

Room Tip: We liked our room on the top floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Courtney Z
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The price is a bit on the high side compared to what you get for it. Also the warm water broke and there was no airco or fan in the room despite being almost 30 degree during august. I guess you get what you pay for. I guess next time I'll pay a bit more to get a better room.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amsterdamert
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel has a very good location. There is a supermarket across the street that you can buy all your daily needs. Mr. Fabio and all the front desk staff were very kind and helpful.
Some of the rooms in the hotel are very small. We were lucky that after the first night they changed our room to a larger one :)
French door of the balcony is very sound proofing that you don't hear the loud noise of the crowd standing in front of the bar accross the street at night. But in hot days having no air conditioning could be a problem.
I recommend this hotel to everyone with limited budget.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gezgin06580
London
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I came here a while ago with my boyfriend, at first we were a little skeptical as this was the first time we've been to a 2* hotel, however after reading the reviews, we're glad we choose this hotel! I honestly don't understand why it is 2*? When we first arrived we was greeted with friendly staff, who spoke good english. The room itself was very clean and spacious. Toilet was also clean, however a little small. We never tried the breakfast here, but what we did instead was eat from the little stand across the hotel, in which they sell panini's and baguettes for very cheap. We picked this hotel due to the closeness to the station, in which it was about a 3min walk. It was in walking distance from Notre Dame and River Seine so that was a bonus. I would definitely recommend this hotel as it the price is affordable and cheap.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple