“Great experience”

Flavors of Paris Walking Tours
Ranked #20 of 187 Food & Drink in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We will introduce you to a representative sampling of food shops in the charming quarter of St-Germain-des-Prés, with all the tastings included.The Flavors of Paris tour is a guided experience, in English, which lasts about 3 ½ wonderful hours, ranging from exquisite cheeses and charcuterie to heavenly chocolate.
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Hi
We really enjoyed the tour with Lisa. Great locations and delicious food. We met great people and was one of the highlights of our trip.
Robyn

"personable guide"
"custom tour"
"charcuterie"
in 8 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 8 reviews
"local history"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 3 May 2014

After a bit of bumpiness meeting up (I had booked, then changed the date & time, and Lisa hadn't changed the time), we were happy to see Lisa, right on time and in the place where she had guided us with pictures and helpful directions. She gave us some history of the neighborhood and its establishments as we took in the people thronging the patios of the various cafes. Then it was on to tasting! I definitely recommend eating a lighter meal before your tour. Fortunately, I'd had a salad for lunch before our 2 pm tour and had scheduled a later dinner because we spent all afternoon munching. Baguette, special Easter bread, chocolates, chocolat chaud, olive oil & truffle mustard tasting, a comparison of macarons with the Laduree ones we'd had earlier, and all ending with sharing a bottle of wine and a cheese plate. My husband and I particularly enjoyed walking around the Marche St. Germain with Lisa as she showed us some of the differences between French markets and how we might purchase things at a store in America. For instance, I wouldn't have noticed that the chickens have their heads and feet still attached, the better to recognize the breed! Since it was just the two of us, we even got an extra stop at a place especially known for it's choux. Enjoying the chou and cafe was a nice break.
As our first adult visit to France, my husband and I both loved the food tour and felt like Lisa was our friend by the end of it. Sharing wine and cheese and laughter will do that to you! She guided us through shops and patisseries and boulangeries that we might otherwise have been a bit intimidated to enter. She has congenial relationships with the store staff, bakers, cheesemongers, and more, and her love of the neighborhood shines through the tour.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We enjoyed our time with Lisa, our guide. She was very knowledgable, and took us to some great spots for tasting. I highly recommend doing this tour, and doing it early in your stay in paris, as not only will you sample great food, you will get some great recommendations on restaurants to dine in. With so many great restaurants in paris, it's hard to decide on where to go. Having a professional steer you in the right direction, in our opinion is well worth it.

1  Thank Veinshucker
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I have done two tours this trip (my 3rd) to Paris. One trip was a cycling tour with a guide who has lived here for more than 10 years, has travelled all over the world and speaks very fluent French and also this tour with Lisa. The former one was one third the cost of the latter tour. And here is the issue for me. While Lisa is lovely and the food samplings were delicious I felt this tour was better suited to someone who is a first visitor to Paris, preferably from North America. People comment a number of times on this site about how easy it was to contact Lisa and to meet up for the tour - but for me that is a given, not a feature of the tour. And the tour really did not go into a lot of detail about food, its history or its relationship to culture or to the history of the city. I guess that is my expectation of such a culinary tour. But if you are a first timer to France and if it helps to have commentary referenced to how things are done in North America then this will not be a problem. But if you already have a reasonable knowledge level or have travelled here a lot then perhaps seek another culinary tour - given that such tours are quite expensive. I note that many other people enjoyed the tour immensely, I just want to sound caution for experienced visitors to Europe.

3  Thank JTMSydneyLondon
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This walk through the back streets of Paris with both history and good food is a gem!
Firstly it was easy to book, Lisa was very accommodating and gave great directions to the meeting point on the day. I had the pleasure of doing a morning tour with Fabian whose knowledge and enthusiasm knew no bounds. We devoured delicious croissants, divine chocolates and finished with a selection of canapés and cheese with a glass of wine in the sunshine outside the market.
I would most definitely recommend this tour as something a little bit different, and if you're a food lover you will be in heaven!