“Perfect steak before quick exit to Eurostar”
Review of Certa

Certa
Ranked #894 of 17,155 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Runway27
“Perfect steak before quick exit to Eurostar”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

A great little, interesting, lively bistro with the perfect steak and chips. Good service and a great atmosphere. A bit of time pressure to catch the Eurostar but quick attentive service - despite the place being full - plus a short journey of the RER from near by Gare St Lazare to Gare du Nord meant we had plenty of time and began the journey home with smiles on our faces. We will return plus fully recommend it to others to try and enjoy.

• Visited April 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Nicest bar of the neighbourhood”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We rented an apartment on the next street (rue de l'arcade) and wanted to have a drink at night. We were surprised to find that there were not so many bars in this area. We found a few, but they didn't look that friendly ... then we found this one! It's a really cozy lounge bar, the people are welcoming, and the mojitos were delicious. I can definitely recommend this bar!

• Visited April 2013
Birmingham UK
“Working Bistro-working well”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Went for a meal early on a Monday evening. Seated and menued immediately by very friendly staff. Ambiance good- steadily filled with youngish clientele fresh from work- some eating and some for a drink only. Comfortable- good service and reasonable food (and large portions). My Osso Buco was fine- J's steak was huge and tasty. The starters- anchovies and hard boiled egg and goose rillettes- were very tasty. I also had a delicious freshly cooked chocolate fondant though in terms of overall quantity this was probably a step too far! With three glasses of Brouilly Beaujolais this came to 70€. Not cheap, but not bad.

Overall a good experience.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank HughWill
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
“Don't Go. Waiter Obnoxious. Not in the 'mood' to serve us he said.”
Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

We went here on a Sunday evening for a drink and a snack. I ordered a gin and tonic. The waiter took ages to take our order and then brought me the gin with the tonic already mixed in. It looked like sloppy lemonade. I apologised but said I don't drink gin and tonic like that with the tonic mixed in and asked for it separate instead. It would be unusual for a bar to serve a gin and tonic in this way.

He didn't offer to change it and said I had to pay for it even if I didn't drink it. When I said I wasn't going to drink or pay for something I didn't want or hadn't ordered, he said, and I mean literally "this is not worth my time- you can leave- I'm not in the mood for this"! And so we left.....there you have it! Voila!

4 Thank scenarios
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Cosy local bistro”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We wanted to try a typical Paris bistro (not a tourist trap) for lunch and the staff at our hotel recommended Certa, which was across the street from our hotel (close to st lazare). We were lucky to get a table with 2 comfortable armchairs. The waitress presented the menu in handwritten French on a chalkboard, which didn't really help us. We picked some random food and especially the salad landaise was interesting. We had an apple/strawberry crumble thing for desert which was really fantastic (again we thought we were ordering something else, but hey, it's great to be positively surprised!).
The atmosphere was great and we were the only non-French people there.

• Visited October 2012