“Great little find! Best chocolate soufflé I've ever had... Only one downfall!”
Review of Chez Grenouille - CLOSED

Chez Grenouille
Price range: US$18 - US$47
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Opéra / Bourse
Description: Petit bistro traditionnel francais familial qui vous accueille chaleureusement pour gouter a des produits fait maison par le chef Alexis Blanchard. Une formule dejeuner qui change toutes les semaines et une carte qui evolue tous les 45 jours au fil des saisons...
Reviewed 11 June 2015

My boyfriend and I ate here after being recommended to by our hotel (3 min walk away) and are very glad we did.

The service was great and we loved the feel of the restaurant - felt very Parisian !

The food was fabulous, my boyfriend loved the rabbit - and the bread (which is given and filled up for free) was delicious. As I am a vegetarian I asked the hotel to call ahead to let them know and they made me a vegetable salad which was very yummy! The only downfall is that I was charged €22 for this, which felt very steep as my boyfriends rabbit dish had also cost this much.

Apart from that it was great, you must try the chocolate soufflé !

Reviewed 28 February 2015 via mobile

Alexis and the team made us a special menu after our trip from London to Paris on bikes.. We were welcomed and served with extreme friendlyness and the food was superb. We had a 5 course diner and all of them was perfect. Alexis then offered some samples desert and it was so nice my mum ate a whole one with forgetting sharing it... We will be back

Reviewed 13 October 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the staff at the hotel I stayed in (literally a 3 min walk from this restaurant on La Rue Bruyere). Located within the Pagille area of central Paris, this restaurant is smaller, and more intimate in terms of dining experience. I ordered the duck with orange sauce, this really was a one-of-a-kind dish, and as you can see from my pictures I left no evidence, literally scraped my plate. The staff were well above average giving me a proper breakdown of the dishes and wine list; needed this as I'm not the biggest fan of french cuisine. I really liked the decor and feel of this restaurant; stone walls and wooden beams gave it a rather rustic romantic feel; shame my wife was not able to make this trip to Paris, she would have loved it. Another good thing about this restaurant is that it clearly catered to the locales with an authentic french aura

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Located in a quiet area of Paris between the Opera District and Montmatre, this tiny restaurant is a little gem with a welcoming helpful manager/waitress who speaks good English. With many other decent restaurants closed in August it was great to find this place. The restaurant was busy for dinner so best to get there early ie 7pm or leave till after 9pm. A reasonable selection of dishes on the menu (surprisingly for such a small business) at prices comparable to many restaurants in the area. The food was cooked well and was tasty - it is interesting to sample cooking done in the Parisian style. The service was excellent. They have some expensive bottles of wine available but I chose a 25 euro bottle of red Cotes Du Beaune which was as good as much dearer wines I have drunk in the past.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

After a lovely day in Paris, we asked our hotel to recommend a good French restaurant and they didn't disappoint. I ordered ravioli to start and it was very light and fairly tasty, if not a little bland. The main stepped up to the plate though with a dish of well cooked duck. However the finale was one of the best deserts I've ever had. A perfect light soufflé with cream! The lady waitress was friendly and thoughtful. Overall a very nice small restaurant with reasonable prices.

3  Thank Gareth H