“Non French Speakers stay away”
Review of Chez Michou

Chez Michou
Ranked #6 of 450 Nightlife in Paris
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I did not enjoy this show at all. I might have enjoyed it if I spoke French - not sure. But because none of my party of 5 speaks French, we did not pick up on the jokes and fun the native or French speaking audience members seemed to enjoy. Not for young, non-French-speaking, or African Americans.
I've seen a much better drag show at Bon Tons in Chicago (USA) so I was not impressed at all.
Also, the dinner was not good at all. I had many delicious meals this stay in Paris, however the dinner at Chez Michou was not one of them.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We turned up here at 10p.m and were let in to sit at the bar and watch the show. It was 40 euros and that included a glass of champagne. We had great banter with the bartender. A guy came on first to sing and then the drag show started. It was on almost 2 hours in total and we had an absolute ball. It was great fun and my boyfriend loved it too! Its only a small place but the atmosphere is great, and the owner was present, wearing his sunglasses and looking like an absolute legend (which he is in this place!). We had our photo taken with him too.
I would definitely recommend a visit here if you have an evening free. Great fun!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

If you don't speak much French (like me) but still want to experience a different sort of cabaret experience in Paris, I highly recommend booking a seat at Chez Michou. We lucked out and got the last three seats at the bar. Very cramped but the staff did their best to accommodate and make us as comfortable as possible. Really I was so transfixed on the show I barely noticed how closely seated at the bar we were. The show is great- some wonderful impersonations and beautiful music. We didn't get dinner as walk-ins and one glass of good wine is included; one more is really expensive. Michou himself is an absolute delight, very friendly and made us feel at home. Would love to book the dinner show next time.

1  Thank wunderwoman
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I had booked this months ahead, and was really looking forwarded to bring and surprise my English-"scared"-of-gays boyfriend. When we first came in, we saw pictures of the owner with all kind of celebrity's, and we knew this was a special place. coming in to an atmosphere like no others, getting good tasting foods and drink. The show was a little bit long, and they only spoke France (like EVERY France person do). But it was worth it, and my boyfriend emitted to like it to.

2  Thank isabellasukke
Reviewed 11 April 2013

My partner and I went to Chez Michou; got lucky as we didn't purchase a dinner ticket ahead of time so we got in by getting there around 10:00PM and waiting outside. Show starts at 10:30PM and they let in a limited number of people because it is VERY tight inside - maybe room for 50 people? If you don't do dinner, its 20 Euro for admission and a glass of wine. I can't say I understood a lot of the songs given they were in French, but the drag show was fun and a great way to spend the night. Check it out!

1  Thank Rkwok68