“Enjoyed the night - BUT”
Review of Chez Michou

Chez Michou
Ranked #5 of 259 Concerts & Shows in Paris
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My wife and I were attracted to Chez Michou by the positive reviews and wanting a cabaret experience in the traditional style. And it was fantastic!
Definitely recommend doing the dinner - we found the food great, plentiful whilst the bottle of champagne was terrific. The staff were excellent and although no English was spoken we are communicated just fine.
As for the show it was very well done. Enjoyed it immensely. Excellent costuming, very good acting and a good repertoire. On such a small stage it was amazing what was put together.
We had the pleasure of meeting Michou who really is a legend. A true gentleman who has done so much for the cabaret scene in Paris.
BUT - sour note for us was with the photographer. We like many others, had our photograph taken and was told to email him and he would send the photo. Good system, we paid our €10 and emailed him several days later. Nothing. Emailed a week after that, then 2 weeks after that. Nothing. Contacted Chez Michou but heard nothing from them.
Very, very disappointing as it subsequently took the edge of what for us was a highlight of our time in Paris.

3  Thank Intrepidtraveller333

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I did not enjoy this show at all. I might have enjoyed it if I spoke French - not sure. But because none of my party of 5 speaks French, we did not pick up on the jokes and fun the native or French speaking audience members seemed to enjoy. Not for young, non-French-speaking, or African Americans.
I've seen a much better drag show at Bon Tons in Chicago (USA) so I was not impressed at all.
Also, the dinner was not good at all. I had many delicious meals this stay in Paris, however the dinner at Chez Michou was not one of them.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We turned up here at 10p.m and were let in to sit at the bar and watch the show. It was 40 euros and that included a glass of champagne. We had great banter with the bartender. A guy came on first to sing and then the drag show started. It was on almost 2 hours in total and we had an absolute ball. It was great fun and my boyfriend loved it too! Its only a small place but the atmosphere is great, and the owner was present, wearing his sunglasses and looking like an absolute legend (which he is in this place!). We had our photo taken with him too.
I would definitely recommend a visit here if you have an evening free. Great fun!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

If you don't speak much French (like me) but still want to experience a different sort of cabaret experience in Paris, I highly recommend booking a seat at Chez Michou. We lucked out and got the last three seats at the bar. Very cramped but the staff did their best to accommodate and make us as comfortable as possible. Really I was so transfixed on the show I barely noticed how closely seated at the bar we were. The show is great- some wonderful impersonations and beautiful music. We didn't get dinner as walk-ins and one glass of good wine is included; one more is really expensive. Michou himself is an absolute delight, very friendly and made us feel at home. Would love to book the dinner show next time.

1  Thank wunderwoman
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I had booked this months ahead, and was really looking forwarded to bring and surprise my English-"scared"-of-gays boyfriend. When we first came in, we saw pictures of the owner with all kind of celebrity's, and we knew this was a special place. coming in to an atmosphere like no others, getting good tasting foods and drink. The show was a little bit long, and they only spoke France (like EVERY France person do). But it was worth it, and my boyfriend emitted to like it to.

2  Thank isabellasukke