“Excellent Jazz.”

and up
Paris Walking Tour: Jazz Evening with Dinner and Concert
Ranked #16 of 450 Nightlife in Paris
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed my very recent visit to this jazz club. We arrived at 10pm thinking this was the time it started, however it was in full swing. We managed to grab a bar stool-not the comfy est of seats. The artists were from New york and I think called something like' Smalls jazz' they were brilliant, a superb sound. Later a french girl sang with them....terrific. Would definitely recommend this place.

1  Thank lesliecowell

Reviewed 11 June 2012

A favourite haunt whenever I visit Paris. This is a small, intimate jazz club that attracts top names. On my last visit, the great british jazz singer Claire Martin performed with an excellent trio of piano drums and double bass. Food and drinks are served before the performances at 8.00 and 10.00 p.m.

3  Thank Le_Dap
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Duc is a trendy jazz club near Notre Dame. It has free entry but the drinks are very expensive. I had pina coloda which was priced at 13euro. When I was asked to pay I was charged 15euros this was because all dinks incl non alcholol go up to 2euro after midnight which is very cheeky. My friend had an awful virgin mojito which was 11euros. It is small so get there early if you want to get in. We got there for about 11:30 and was told to come back as the club was full and weren't allowed to wait in the reception area. When we returned about 20 mins later there was a queue and we just managed to get seats. It's table serve, the waiters as we found in other places are friendly but can be abrupt and take ages. There seems to be a lack of waiting staff generally across Paris. DL is a place to seat or stand to watch live jazz not a place to dance. Tip: pre order your taxi as we had to wait at the main taxi rack which took ages. This was 2am on a saturday night (31.03.12).

3  Thank Normski_12
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Fun club, great music!! Had a lovely time!! We had so much fun listening to real jazz and later that evening, Caribbean jazz!!

2  Thank Madicasper
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Retirement brings lots of opportunities and as I went back to Paris this year I thought I would go to a recommended jazz club to hear a highly rated quintet perform. Great atmosphere, very 'cosy' but quintessentially a magic place to listen to live jazz music. Good service [just beer for me but lots of 'snacks' going out] and really got a sense of being part of a well known jazz centre in Paris - highly recommended. Got ticket on line in UK before I went.

1  Thank j4c4h4d4