“Racist and superficial club”

Discotheque Le Duplex
Ranked #280 of 433 Nightlife in Paris
Singapore
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Racist and superficial club”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This club is extremely superficial and racist. I got rejected at the door by the bouncer before I could even say anything. Initially, I thought it was my dresscode but the bouncer was letting other Parisians wearing tee shirts and sneakers in (I was wearing a button up shirt and leather shoes). I asked the bouncer for the reason why I was denied entry and he just said "Not possible for you. Please get out of my line." I was not drinking prior to this so the only reason was because I'm Asian cause I witnessed other people of color getting rejected at the door as well even though they were dressed decently.

Visited April 2014
12 Thank limcheeyang

• Greek first
Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Disrespectful policy of bar tenders ”
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Was there last friday with my friends. It is very convenient 3 floor, of different type of music and a safe place, with strong security. The entrance coast 26 euro, for 2 cocktails includes. But when it's come to the bar the bar tenders serve preferable the clients who come to bar to pay for cocktail not that one who already paid and has a ticket for 2 cocktail. They intentionally make you wait for 30 min or so, that you give up. Instead one of the bar tender can say: or sorry I finish my time to serve, but he continue serving people with credit card. I find very disrespectful, and I do no suggest le duplex as nice relax place.

4 Thank Jai J
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best club we found”
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

A friend and I went here with no expectations but were pleasantly surprised and had a very good night! The other club goers were all French but very friendly and not anti-tourist! Entry was 20euros which included 2 drinks (you could even have champagne) and so entry was well worth the price. We went on a Tuesday and t was very busy so I can imagine that the weekend there would be very good!

Visited August 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best club I've ever been to so far....”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Best club EVERY we live in LA and have visited clubs in LA, NY and Vegas. People, you're in Paris dress to impress, Parisians are in to appearance.. when in Rome do as the Romans do; same for Paris and you should have no problems. We were there for New Year's eve (2013) and two days before... the best crowd and dj EVER!! We would go back to Paris JUST to visit this club again (p.s. we were on the hip-hop floor, so I couldn't tell you about the other floors and use a bank card for drinks not a credit card)..a must visit for hip-hop/rap/ragaton lovers!

3 Thank jasanjen
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great night!”
Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

We went there as 3 (2boys & a girl)and got in without problem, however the sellection of people being trown out seemed weird. Entrance fee was 20 ? including one drink but not the gardrobe!(2 ?)
2 dance floors and smoking room.
Be aware of the way back cause metro is closed at 4, better to stay there till 5 so metro starts to work.
Nice club with a bit of luck!