“Fantastic Tour!”

Ranked #97 of 569 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A walking-public/city bus tour that takes you to the Paris haunts, hangouts and places made famous by African-Americans. Founded in 1997 by former newscaster and travel reporter, Ricki Stevenson, Black Paris Tours provides little-known facts about the early presence of Africans and African Americans in the City of Light and introduces travelers to great jazz clubs, Diaspora museums of interest and restaurants worth writing home about!
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Ricki Stevenson's and her daughter Dee Dee were gracious and knowledgeable hostess. I enjoyed this tour so very much! Ricki is pleasant, helpful and makes you feel like a good family friend the way she takes care of the participants in her tour experience. Ricki's care of her clients begins the moment the ticket is purchased. Her passion and dedication to her clients having a wonderful experience is evident in the initial contact she makes after a guest signs up for the tour. History is amazing and everything that I wanted to experience.
I recommend this tour to anyone visiting Paris.

1  Thank Carla B
"walking tour"
in 24 reviews
"history class"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 18 reviews
"wear comfortable shoes"
in 9 reviews
"learned a great deal"

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Ricki is amazing! I suggest that everyone book this tour. The experience is superb with a feet on the ground view of African-American/Black Diaspora experience of the City of Lights.

1  Thank DrBrother
BlackParisTours, Public Relations Manager at Ricki Stevenson's Black Paris Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Black Paris Tours Traveler~
Thank you for your kind words about your Black Paris Tour experience! I remember you as the guest who read EVERY word of your Black Paris Tour Confirmation Letter. Even better, you made use of the information we provide about our favorite restaurants, museums and jazz clubs, best places to change dollars into euros, how to avoid long lines at the Louvre, even how to reserve discounted airport shuttle service!! Bravo!! Please come back (a third time) to explore even more of Black Paris. We promise there's always something old, new and exciting to see and do in the City of Light!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I very much enjoyed the tour. I thought it was very unique and pleasant that we first met at a café. It made the experience quite intimate. I liked all the sites we visited, I would have never ventured into these areas during my trip to Paris. It was an experience of a lifetime. I met some new people on the tour and we had a blast. I would definitely recommend the tour to anyone visiting Paris for a week or so.

Thank gavaudmusic .
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Ricki is absolutely amazing! Her passion and dedication was so impressive! She detailed the rich and interesting history and contributions of Africans and African Americans in Paris that you never learn in history books. We also were able to attend the Foi de Paris which was so amazing and overwhelming with vendors from each and every part of the world. I have recommended Ricki's tour to everyone I knew were going to Paris and none of them were disssapointed!
Thank you so much Ricki for an experience I will never forget!

1  Thank Erica P
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The tour was a definite to learn about the contributions of blacks to the development of the city and country. It went beyond my school learning and shared informations of the opportunities Paris and France provided for the advancement of blacks outside of the U.S. Tour guide Madame Ricki is very knowledgeable and personable. Thanks for your energy and for a great learning experience. I am also grateful that the weather supported our tour. My 11 year old granddaughter attended and enjoyed the tour although, she could not retain all the information. Handouts with details of key points for her (younger group participants) to have and review after the tour would have been helpful. I have recommended the tour to friends who are planning future visits.