“Great Tour”

Ranked #88 of 558 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A walking-public/city bus tour that takes you to the Paris haunts, hangouts and places made famous by African-Americans. Founded in 1997 by former newscaster and travel reporter, Ricki Stevenson, Black Paris Tours provides little-known facts about the early presence of Africans and African Americans in the City of Light and introduces travelers to great jazz clubs, Diaspora museums of interest and restaurants worth writing home about!
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have visited Paris several times and never learned the information that Ricki Stevenson shared with us on my May 2014 Black Paris Tour. Ms Stevenson managed to make the history of Paris come alive with her pictures and stories of the various historical sights and people who through the centuries lived, worked or visited Paris.

I would indeed recommend this tour that even on a rainy day was fascinating!

Phyllis

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I hesitate to call this "a tour", as Ricki and her daugher, Dee Dee, made the day so personal and inspiring, it was as if we were walking through the streets of Paris with dear family friends. From the first moment when we met at a cafe , Ricki made our little group feel special and she warmed us , on a chilly, rainy day, with fascinating stories and facts that never are heard in history classes. We made visits to sights and places that one would never see on a "touristic" tour, and we could not avoid becoming curious and wishing to research further into the history of Black Paris. 'Will highly recommend my Greek friends to join Ricki for a day whenever they are in Paris. Black Paris is a must for anyone who comes to Paris!
Katerina (Catherine) in Greece

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Ricki Stevenson's and her daughter Dee Dee were gracious and knowledgeable hostess. I enjoyed this tour so very much! Ricki is pleasant, helpful and makes you feel like a good family friend the way she takes care of the participants in her tour experience. Ricki's care of her clients begins the moment the ticket is purchased. Her passion and dedication to her clients having a wonderful experience is evident in the initial contact she makes after a guest signs up for the tour. History is amazing and everything that I wanted to experience.
I recommend this tour to anyone visiting Paris.

1  Thank Carla B
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Ricki is amazing! I suggest that everyone book this tour. The experience is superb with a feet on the ground view of African-American/Black Diaspora experience of the City of Lights.

1  Thank DrBrother
BlackParisTours, Public Relations Manager at Ricki Stevenson's Black Paris Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Black Paris Tours Traveler~
Thank you for your kind words about your Black Paris Tour experience! I remember you as the guest who read EVERY word of your Black Paris Tour Confirmation Letter. Even better, you made use of the information we provide about our favorite restaurants, museums and jazz clubs, best places to change dollars into euros, how to avoid long lines at the Louvre, even how to reserve discounted airport shuttle service!! Bravo!! Please come back (a third time) to explore even more of Black Paris. We promise there's always something old, new and exciting to see and do in the City of Light!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I very much enjoyed the tour. I thought it was very unique and pleasant that we first met at a café. It made the experience quite intimate. I liked all the sites we visited, I would have never ventured into these areas during my trip to Paris. It was an experience of a lifetime. I met some new people on the tour and we had a blast. I would definitely recommend the tour to anyone visiting Paris for a week or so.

Thank gavaudmusic .