“Something different ”
Review of Le Limonaire

Le Limonaire
Ranked #96 of 461 Nightlife in Paris
Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

We came back after having been there 6 years ago and were not disappointed. Good show with young and enthusiastic artists. Food is basic French, but you get what you pay for. We shall return.

1  Thank TravellingBHB

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I went to this place with fairly low expectations about the food and service, but expecting some great entertainment. This place sunk to new lows on each front. On entering, we were "greeted" by a wrinkled old women who looked like she's enjoyed more than a few drinks in her time. We pushed through the jammed tables to our seat. We decided to order some chardonnay, which tasted like a sock had been soaked in vinegar. I don't usually like to return wine, but this was absolutely disgusting. So we opted for the sauvignon - this was priced differently but clearly the exact same plonk. We drank this gingerly as by this point we were scared of the staff! We noticed that everyone was drinking red, so moved onto some red (by this point we realised that the labels were deceiving - it was "red" or "white". The red was slightly better, in the way that a punch in the arm is slightly better than a punch in the nose. The food was both limited and disgusting - my main was sort of like a microwaved piece of fish in some slightly sweet but bitter sauce. But we were there for the music, weren't we? Anyway, the first act was a comedy music act. My wife speaks French, and was laughing along with it (as was most of the room), but with my limited language skills I could only hear his nearly tuneless singing. Next came a hippy looking woman who was like a moderately above average karaoke singer (except when she went for high notes, which she really struggled with). The guy accompanying her on guitar was pretty good though. Last act was a duet, who were quite inconguous, but by this point I was almost amused by how bad it all was. There was a gravel-voiced old man who looked like he'd lived 65 rock star styled years - I imagine he has a story or two to tell - paired with a lady who had a pleasant voice more suited to opera. Individually I thought they may be quite good, but together it was more like the comedy that act 1 was trying to achieve. I think I'd have had better food at McDonalds and better entertainment listening to some friends singing to an iPod on the metro. The highlight of my evening was when we left and I said "well that was painful" and looked around to see act 2 having a smoke outside. Avoid at all costs!!!!

2  Thank Volsk
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Was taken here on a 'business' night out. Thank you so much, beats the usual night out hands down. Quirky, welcoming, relaxing, fun and entertaining. Food quick, cheap, basic but great. Wine and beer well priced and great also. Round the evening off with off the wall, real music. Saw David Lafore, hardly understood a French word he said or suing but laughed out loud all evening. What a night. Go go go for god sack, it's a great night out.

2  Thank Richard H
Reviewed 13 April 2012

If you're willing to see something completely different, completely off the American wall. This is the place. We were the only tourist I a Friday night. Wonderful

2  Thank Yyzfan2