“Stand there to see the lights at night of the Eiffel Tower”
Review of Palais de Chaillot

US$97.37*
Small-Group Marché du Président Wilson Food Tour in Paris
Ranked #115 of 1,179 things to do in Paris
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Wow what a view to see of the Eiffel Tower. We waited patiently for the night to draw in so that we could see the twinkle of the lights at 10.00pm switch on. This was July 15th 2012. It was worth it!!!!!!! They lasted it seemed 7-10mins and they come on every hour until it closes.
There are street musicians and loved the atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for Palais de Chaillot

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Great view of the eiffer tower from this location. I had great time...

Reviewed 8 April 2012

From here you have the best view of the Eiffel tower both day and night. A must see and beautiful. Easy to get there by metro. Get off at the Trocadero and you can walk around and cross over the garden "jardin" over to the Tower.

Reviewed 22 October 2011

My father and I were excited to visit an exhibition at the PdC on "hotels particuliers" (private mansions). This exhibition had been heavily promoted in print media, and with innumerable posters in the Metro. We went on Day 3.

PdC is at Trocadero, which from most points in Paris, takes at least one hour r-t door-to-door travel, not to mention at least 2+ euros pp on metro travel.

We arrived to find a cheaply printed sign on the door, "Exceptionally closed today for media event". No announcements in the media, on their website, and of course not on the Metro posters. The arrogant reception girls dismissed us with a gesture. Then they dismissed the other 20 people who had arrived at the same time. As we stood in the lobby to plan our next move, we saw at least another 50 visitors rudely turned away.

Over the course of that day, I'm sure they rejected at least 1000 people. That's at least $25,000 of wasted transport costs, not to mention the wasted time and energy. No apology, go screw yourselves.

I actually took the time that afternoon to write a complaint to PdC on their website. Of course, no response.

Whoever is in charge should be fired, and replaced with someone who actually cares about the paying visitors. I'm sure that will happen just after the banning of dog poop on doorsteps, the training of waiters to be polite, and the introduction of cold drinks on hot days. :)

I am part French. I love France forever, and spend a lot of time there.

But I will not be wasting my time on Palais de Chaillot ever again - there are so many other wonderful things to do in Paris.

4  Thank Monsieur_Henri
Reviewed 7 March 2009

This museum seems like there is a lot more than what I saw. As I came in I got a brochure in my hand about LACATON & VASSAL and their architectural project. The brochure was interesting but the pictures were tiny so I should this would be a great thing to go see.
I paid 8 EUR per person to get in and quite excited I went down to the exhibit...
Shock, terror! The exhibit was the worst thing I have ever seen in my life (at least if I had to pay) It was a series of about 20 projectors projecting a bunch of slideshows on walls of proposed projects by these two architects.
Sure some of the projects were nice but here is what really dissapointed me.
1. It was only in french.
2. These are just a bunch of powerpoint slideshows going around in random order with absolutely no sequence of project that had been submitted, most of them were even projects that had been turned down!!!
3. No models, nothing to actually interact with. Just a bunch of slideshows that I could have watched on my screen at home.
4. This should be free - it was a total letdown.

As I got out of there - pretty enraged I found another expo which was about 2 points better (i.e. Neutral/Average) which was the Generocite. The most impressive part of that expo was the funky displays and models holders. At least there is was part in English. But somehow it just became more and more boring as one was going through the projects.

Then as I left I discovered that there is a much more interesting part of the museum but at that point it was too late.

Besides the amazingly BAD service at the front desk (i.e. when I arrived to buy my tickets the lady at the counter left to call someone and I had to wait for about 4 minutes). When she finally came back she was totally annoyed - can they at least pretend to be happy when they are with customers?

I will return because I am sure there are better parts to this museum but honestly they need to have some better info system at the entrance so we know what we want to see.