“"Worth One Million Euros!"”
Review of Culturefish! Tours

Culturefish! Tours
Ranked #51 of 553 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Fun, free (donations-based) walks through Paris that give you insight into how to interact with the locals in Paris so you can unlock a warm welcome from them. The city comes to life through stories of Paris' history, fun facts, and SPECTACULAR views. Created by three French-American siblings, Culture Fish Tours are now offered in English and Spanish. Reservations are recommended but not necessary--simply show up at the meeting points!
Reviewed 20 May 2014

On a recent trip to Paris, I stumbled upon culturefish! Tours outside metro station Cité (line 4). Pierre was just beginning the Must Do Tour and within one minute I found myself unexpectedly joining the group.

The tour was full of fantastic information and sights and the pace was very relaxed. In addition to leading the tour, Pierre was also quite talented at engaging with each of us along the way - all without missing a beat! On this particular trip, I was a single traveler and found myself (easily) making new connections with the other people on the tour as we walked through the streets of beautiful Paris. By the end of the tour I felt as if I had made new friends; something else that I did not expect.

This was not my first trip to Paris and by the end of this experience, I truly felt as if I was seeing Paris for the first time. Be generous with your guide at the end of the tour as this experience is worth every euro!

2  Thank C M

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We joined Culture Fish for two of their tours. The first one with Pierre was outstanding. A must do. Pierre gave us history and insights into how the Parisians live and love. It was entertaining and educational.
The second tour was of Montmartre area with Donovan. Again this tour is outstanding and also a must do. It gave great insight into the art/cultural scene of Paris.
The best part of the tours was the advice and information given to us by Pierre and Donovan about where to go, what to see, how to avoid long queues, and how not to upset the locals. Thanks Pierre and Donovan.

1  Thank smithpease
Reviewed 19 May 2014

If you are sick of the run-of-the-mill, go-through-the-motions walking tours then this is the tour for you. Pierre was funny, informative and most importantly very personal which is what you don't get with the more mainstream tours.

The culture and language tips given on top of the usual commentary also proved to be very useful.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Came to paris, didn't know a word of French no idea of where anything is and now I have a good idea how to get around and speak very basic French words and questions thanks to this tour :) defiantly would go again :)

2  Thank Benjustin028
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We took their "pay what you want" tour of the center of Paris. In almost three hours our guide, Pierre, gave an excellent overview of Parisian history, customs, main attractions and cultural tips. We covered lots of ground, from Notre Dame to the obelisk. Would highly recommend!