“Both Tours Are Terrific”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Culturefish! Tours

Culturefish! Tours
Ranked #27 of 527 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Fun, free (donations-based) walks through Paris that give you insight into how to interact with the locals in Paris so you can unlock a warm welcome from them. The city comes to life through stories of Paris' history, fun facts, and SPECTACULAR views. Created by three French-American siblings, Culture Fish Tours are now offered in English and Spanish. Reservations are recommended but not necessary--simply show up at the meeting points!
Torrance, CA
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Both Tours Are Terrific”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Had a great time yesterday with Pierre showing us all the "Must Do" in the morning and Donovan showing us MontMartre in the afternoon. The experience was so much more personal and friendly than prior walking tours in other cities. I really felt like I was being given inside clues and understandings about Parisians. I've already applied some of what they said and am having a better experience of France than any prior trip. This is about the history and the buildings, but it is brought into the context of culture ... and cultural understanding. That raises it to a whole new level of awesome. It is a pay what you think it was worth ... check what paid walking tours are charging and be generous but they were gracious and grateful for whatever people paid.

1 Thank cncgandolf

• Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“"Worth One Million Euros!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

On a recent trip to Paris, I stumbled upon culturefish! Tours outside metro station Cité (line 4). Pierre was just beginning the Must Do Tour and within one minute I found myself unexpectedly joining the group.

The tour was full of fantastic information and sights and the pace was very relaxed. In addition to leading the tour, Pierre was also quite talented at engaging with each of us along the way - all without missing a beat! On this particular trip, I was a single traveler and found myself (easily) making new connections with the other people on the tour as we walked through the streets of beautiful Paris. By the end of the tour I felt as if I had made new friends; something else that I did not expect.

This was not my first trip to Paris and by the end of this experience, I truly felt as if I was seeing Paris for the first time. Be generous with your guide at the end of the tour as this experience is worth every euro!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank C M
Brisbane, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best way to get the feel of being a Parisian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We joined Culture Fish for two of their tours. The first one with Pierre was outstanding. A must do. Pierre gave us history and insights into how the Parisians live and love. It was entertaining and educational.
The second tour was of Montmartre area with Donovan. Again this tour is outstanding and also a must do. It gave great insight into the art/cultural scene of Paris.
The best part of the tours was the advice and information given to us by Pierre and Donovan about where to go, what to see, how to avoid long queues, and how not to upset the locals. Thanks Pierre and Donovan.

1 Thank smithpease
Singapore, Singapore
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Breath of Fresh Air!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

If you are sick of the run-of-the-mill, go-through-the-motions walking tours then this is the tour for you. Pierre was funny, informative and most importantly very personal which is what you don't get with the more mainstream tours.

The culture and language tips given on top of the usual commentary also proved to be very useful.

Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Incredible!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Came to paris, didn't know a word of French no idea of where anything is and now I have a good idea how to get around and speak very basic French words and questions thanks to this tour :) defiantly would go again :)

2 Thank Benjustin028