Hotel de la Place du Louvre - Esprit de France
  • Free Internet
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat locationsmall hotelwalking distancesaint germainsmall elevatorside streetwalked everywherefriendly hotelheart of parisseine riverquiet at nightcroissantsrecommend this hotel to anyonewould stay here againdouble bedtea and coffeethird floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 October 2012

The first impression I have of this charming old hotel is the friendliness of the doorman and his eagerness to help. Although the foyer is small It is lovely with a large winding staircase to the side of it. The staff were very sweet and did all they could to make sure our stay was pleasant. Of all the hotels on this trip this room on the third floor was by far the most comfortable and quite large. The bed was awesome. Large windows overlooked the comedy theatre one way and a park like square with a great fountain the other way. Breakfast was delightful and had quite varied buffet. Croissants...magnifique. Location was perfect. We walked everywhere. I would go back to this hotel in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beenhereforever
Reviewed 11 October 2012

My wife and I stayed here. Location is fab just Ashley stroll to some sites or the metro. We found the room on 1 st floor more than serviceable. Yes they are small but bed was comfy, bathroom was clean recently refurbished and all of Paris is the same. Staff were very helpful and assisted when asked.overall very happy here and would stay again. Our room Chagall

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2012

This small hotel is located in a great location. We stayed one night before coming home and had room 303 (Klee) facing the courtyard with double bed, standup shower, mini fridge and small clothing closet. Nothing fancy, but the bed was comfortable and clean. However, we did not enjoy the breakfast offered at the hotel. I would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: TIP: skip breakfast at the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BigAlTorres
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My friend and I spent 4 nights here at the beginning of August. I think the location is fabulous. We stayed in room 402 (Mondrian) and the room had everything we needed; super comfortable beds and nice bedding, a mini fridge, and a great bathroom with a tub and a blow dryer. The wifi was good and the staff were helpful. I find bonjour and merci go a very long way, even if you don't know any more French than that. We did not eat at the hotel, instead preferring to get a few breckie groceries and save a few Euros, so I do not know about the food, but my friend said their coffee was good.

People have commented that the elevator is small, but that is true of many places in Europe. It is really only a concern when you you have your luggage and at that, it is no big deal.

I would not hesitate to stay here again and in fact, I probably will.

Room Tip: Room 402 has a great view of the Louvre and also a church. Great for picture taking.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank CF-AZY
Reviewed 12 August 2012 via mobile

Across street from Louvre with two metro stops nearby. 5 minutes from Seine with Tower views. Walk everywhere
Excellent service from several gals and guys at front desk. Breakfast downstairs at extra cost or at nearby locations. Don't expect 4 star rooms but roomy. Why waste money on expensive hotels when you can stay here. Very comfy beds.

• Stayed: August 2012