“Nice stay at Saintonge”

Hotel Saint-Louis Saintonge
Ranked #1,035 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I do read reviews but make a decision based on location only as i travel by business and out of the hotel 18 hours out of 24. I never have breakfast in the hotels as there are so many nice places to eat at Marais. The staff at this hotel is VERY nice and EXTREMALY friendly and they always made my days - it is VERY important to me. I stayed four nights a double bed room (room N 44) and i did enjoy my in and outs. The room was of good size, was very clean, the bed was extremely comfortable with nice pillows as well as pretty big bathroom with shower. There was a nice size wardrobe in the room as well as table and little flat TV, there is a free wifi though the booking sites say there is not. It's five minutes from Metro station filles du calvaire. The price of room was very good for this level of hotel, this district and this time of year so I do recommend it. It’s just funny to read the reviews from people expecting 5* room decoration in 3* (or even 2*). I liked my stay and have a very positive aftertaste.

Room Tip: There are no tea/coffee facilities in the room, the hairdryer is a bit weak, suggest you carry yours...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Takhmina
There are newer reviews for Hotel Saint-Louis Saintonge

Reviewed 22 April 2012

This was a last minute off the street booking for us, we were desperate for a room and stumbled upon the Saintonge.
The staff were really great, friendly and helpful. The room we had, 4th floor at the back was small and very dark. The decor was poor and although the sheets were clean the bedspread was not. We got one blanket and top cover. The bed was comfortable.
Our room was not quiet through the night as an extractor fan from the kitchen was on and we could hear that. The website pictures look amazing and if i'd have booked through that i would have been gutted!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front. The back rooms are very small and dark.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gloria H
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Having just returned from a one night stay all I can say is that this hotel must be run by a management team that do not care. The room was small dirty and lacking basic safety requirements. Wires hanging out of the wall. The Reception was great to look at but thats all. Staff were rude and very unhelpful and breakfast was a joke....90 mins for coffee and a Danish!! Real shame as this location is great and for 3 star its not happening. I would love to buy and take control of this property to show its full potential......Avoid....Not value for mone. I love Paris and have stayed in numerous hotels but this is not of any Paris Hotel standard I have stayed in.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alan F
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I would expect more for a 3 star. Rooms are old, but clean.

Location is very good. I will recommend it for its location.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We stayed here for 5 nights on our recent trip. Desirable area, but totally misrepresented in it's online photos and even the brochure in their own lobby. It's definitely old and cramped. Very cramped. A small closet allows some relief for your clothes and suitcases. A small bathroom is adequate for cleaning up. All for one person. Two becomes a chore for timing. An elevator so small you have to carry your luggage up. But the amazing thing is their photos online and in their brochure show a completely different "sister" hotel that I wish I knew about instead. It was grander in roominess and decor. This hotel is definitely bare bones. Small, cramped, plain. Maybe OK for a night if you need some place to go. The elevator is also noisy, especially at night, so ask for a room away from that area. Balancing that, the staff was friendly and the neighborhood was decent. WiFi was not free.

Room Tip: Ask to stay at their sister hotel instead...Hotel Saint Merry
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank storckdsgn
Reviewed 1 June 2011

My cousin and I met in Paris for a quick trip for the French Open so we were planning to stay at the hotel much at all.
We were greeted by the owner - lovely man. He was accommodating.
The other staff were pretty blah... a robot could have done the same thing.
When we went to pay, we hoped to split the tariff but the lady behind the desk wouldn't let us as she said that she preferred not to pay the commission on the credit cards - EVEN THOUGH ONE OF US WAS PAYING CASH.
Doesn't make sense.
The towels in the rooms had holes in them and the walls between the walls are paper thin.
Not worth what we paid.
Location was the best thing about it.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank farrahmu
Reviewed 8 May 2011

Although the hotel may appear to be in need of some LTC, everything is functional and clean. The room size is standard for the Parisian standards. It´s located in a very quiet, residental street, just steps from the vibrating life of Le Marais. Definitely worth the money. Breakfast is probably an affair to skip - as did we- as there´s plenty of nice places around to enoy a cup of coffee and a croissant out in fresh air rather than in a basement.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends