“Location, Recovery and Comfy”
Review of Hotel le Senat

Hotel le Senat
Ranked #444 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Winter Garden, Florida
“Location, Recovery and Comfy”
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Spent 4 nights at Le Senat in mid September. Booked thru Expedia and when we arrived, Terrence apologized as they had reserved a one bed deluxe room even though we booked a 3 person room. He could see in his paperwork that indeed we did book for three and arranged for us to be upgraded into two separate rooms for the first night, one which was their top 2 floor suite which had a great rooftop patio overlooking the city. While it was a pain to have 2 separate rooms and not be able to completely settle in until night 2, this was a nice treat for my wife and 10 year old daughter.

The beds and pillows are very comfy. However, the doors are paper thin with noise coming in from the halls, stairs and elevator (we were right next to all three in room #201) once 9am hit. If you like sleeping in, beware of this. Overnight though, it was very quiet. The room was ok in size and there was a separate water closet and shower rooms, which were very tiny. The room was clean overall, AC worked great, and TV worked well. Internet was also good to have but a pain that you needed to reenter the wi-fi log in data after each session.

We didn't do the breakfast and saved the money by eating from the local area, which had plenty of options. Freshly made crepes and quiche were steps away from the hotel's entrance. Local grocery was also nearby for snacking and wine purchases. A pharmacy was also very close. If you like to run, the interior loop of Luxembourg Gardens was filled with runners and it's about 1 mile per loop... a beautiful view while jogging. Some great restaurants are within a short walk as well. The Luxembourg RER is only a 5 minute walk and can get you pretty much anywhere in Paris in under 30 minutes.

The staff at the front desk was helpful and all spoke very good english.

Would return for sure.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
South Jersey
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I stayed here in late July with my son (sorry so late!). The gentleman at the front desk was charming and very helpful. The lobby and bar area was modern and beautiful and was just crying for me to sit down and have a drink. The enchantment ended there unfortunately. The elevator was barely large enough for two people let alone two people with bags. The rugs in the hallways were stained and torn. I do have to say that the bed was one of the comfiest I have ever slept on. The bathroom was only slightly larger than the elevator. Even though I asked to forgo housekeeping, we returned from our trip to Normandy to find that housekeeping had been in our room. I understand that there are larger rooms here and I would have liked to have been given one of them. Even though I explained that it was my son with me and my travel agent had booked a room with two beds, I was still given a very small room with one bed. I asked for another room and was told the hotel was full. My son is 16 and there was no way he was sharing a bed with mom so he slept in a chair. I can't say that I was all that impressed with this hotel and I probably wouldn't say there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sugrbear73
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 13 September 2011

This hotel has nice size rooms, great location and excellent service. For those familiar with Paris, this is not always easy to get all 3 at once, so this hotel is a steal. It is located across from the Luxembourg Gardens and near lots of cute cafes. Perfect for couples or single travelers, not really a hotel for families.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank femmenoiredumonde
Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Le Senat is a lovely hotel located in Saint Germain-des-Pres. You can walk all of Paris from this great location. The rooms are comfortably-sized, well-decorated, and very clean. The beds and linens are exceptional. We stayed in Room 601, which has a desk and sitting area, as well. Situated near the Luxembourg Gardens, it has many nearby shops, restaurants, markets, wine rooms, and public transportation stations. We took the RER-B from Charles de Gaulle airport to the Luxembourg station, (30 minute ride) about one block from the hotel. Breakfast is plentiful (croissants, breads, pastries, scrambled eggs, yogurt, cheeses, bacon, sausage and ham, cereals) and served in a charming room. The staff is the greatest part of this place - most knowledgeable and accommodating. Free WiFi is a bit quirky. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Maria Prats H
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 8 September 2011

My husband stays at this hotel regularly when traveling to Paris for business so he recommended that we stay here for my first Paris visit.

It is a lovely boutique hotel right next the Luxembourg garden and a metro station.

In addition to the great location, the reception and housekeeping staff were very helpful and friendly.

The only negative is that the rooms and bathroom are very small, especially for a couple. We only stayed three nights so the limited space wasn't a major issue but would have been if we stayed longer.

I will definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HonestAndFair11
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 31 August 2011

My appreciation of the exemplary service I received during my recent stay at Le Senat Hotel cannot be overstated. Every staff member I met was friendly, courteous and knowledgeable.

Thank you again for your considerate service. I will be certain to recommend your accommodations to my friends and business associates.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank luis c
nyc
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Beautiful room. Clean, spacious, classy. Friendly staff, some were super knowledgeable, other were not but still inclined to help. Small building/elevator like all of Europe but great rooms! FREE WIFI! Nice Breakfast = great rolls, salami, cheese, nice yogurt options, muesli/ cereal, butter/jam, egg, bacon, ham, small pancakes (not that good), and coffee/tea/juice. Nice location, safe, close-ish to nightlife 15 min. walk , close to sights and public transportation.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends