“Good value for Paris”

Ranked #511 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Palm Beach, Australia
“Good value for Paris”
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Great bed, large with fluffy pillows. Good sized room for Paris with safe, good lighting and nice shower and towels (and yes, Hermes products). Early check in because our room was ready by 9AM which was a plus.

Friendly and accommodating staff. Little grocery mart across the street for water, etc. Walking to all the Left Bank attractions and good CDG airport connections.

OK, the 'could-be-better' section: WIFI -- free, but requires a login / password each time you log out -- that should be changed. Bathroom door is frosted glass which you can see right through -- yes, really you can see someone sitting on the toilet (who designed these?). Also, bathroom door doesn't quite close all the way in our room. Bathroom products don't include a hand or body lotion. There are no hooks to hang wet towels and very few hangers in the closet --- we needed 4-5 more. Somewhat thin walls but not overly so -- I've stayed in much worse NYC hotels for a lot more $$ and they were not as quite as this place -- overall a great value at our price of 119 Euro per night (without breakfast ).

Room Tip: We chose a standard sized room but there are larger I am told
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
NY, NY
Reviewed 13 December 2011

This hotel is a little gem. Unpretentious. Calm. Perfectly located for attractions as well as just wandering. I would say opt for one of the top rooms with a terrace. The view was spectacular and it was fun to have a glass a wine at night. One note though, the staircase is narrow in the duplex and the toilet is downstairs while the bedroom is upstairs. The front desk was very accommodating. Wifi great. Bed comfortable. I will say I do agree with some of the reviewers that it is time for facelift for the hotel. There's some peeling paint in the hallway and some frayed rugs here and there, some furniture with banged up edges. For us, it did not diminish the stay one bit BUT if this is the kind of thing that bothers you, you may not feel you are getting a good value.

Room Tip: Balconies are worth it.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank FromNYto?
south island
Reviewed 29 November 2011

The location was great and we were able to walk to the Notre Dame and surrounding tourist sights. It was lovely having a cafe at the end of the street and restaurants around the corner. The hotel was close to the metro stations which we used alot. I loved the reception area and found the staff very helpful as my french is very bad! The twin room at the front of the hotel was very small, no where to put two suitcases which was alittle frustrating. The bathroom was very small, no where to move and having to go sideways just to get to the toilet was interesting.I am no stick figure but that was slightly ridiculous.The lift was very small and could only fit one person with luggage. It was a cute hotel and I would stay again as the location was so good.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank mollysouthisland
The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 October 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. The hotel is close to all the attractions, we walked to most of them. There are a few metro stations close by. The area was also excellent, close to La Sorbonne and Notre Dame, also many restaurants around. The staff is also very helpful. However, the price we payed was a little high but we booked it in the last minute, literally the day before we arrived in high season.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adriana A
Winter Garden, Florida
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Spent 4 nights at Le Senat in mid September. Booked thru Expedia and when we arrived, Terrence apologized as they had reserved a one bed deluxe room even though we booked a 3 person room. He could see in his paperwork that indeed we did book for three and arranged for us to be upgraded into two separate rooms for the first night, one which was their top 2 floor suite which had a great rooftop patio overlooking the city. While it was a pain to have 2 separate rooms and not be able to completely settle in until night 2, this was a nice treat for my wife and 10 year old daughter.

The beds and pillows are very comfy. However, the doors are paper thin with noise coming in from the halls, stairs and elevator (we were right next to all three in room #201) once 9am hit. If you like sleeping in, beware of this. Overnight though, it was very quiet. The room was ok in size and there was a separate water closet and shower rooms, which were very tiny. The room was clean overall, AC worked great, and TV worked well. Internet was also good to have but a pain that you needed to reenter the wi-fi log in data after each session.

We didn't do the breakfast and saved the money by eating from the local area, which had plenty of options. Freshly made crepes and quiche were steps away from the hotel's entrance. Local grocery was also nearby for snacking and wine purchases. A pharmacy was also very close. If you like to run, the interior loop of Luxembourg Gardens was filled with runners and it's about 1 mile per loop... a beautiful view while jogging. Some great restaurants are within a short walk as well. The Luxembourg RER is only a 5 minute walk and can get you pretty much anywhere in Paris in under 30 minutes.

The staff at the front desk was helpful and all spoke very good english.

Would return for sure.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
South Jersey
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I stayed here in late July with my son (sorry so late!). The gentleman at the front desk was charming and very helpful. The lobby and bar area was modern and beautiful and was just crying for me to sit down and have a drink. The enchantment ended there unfortunately. The elevator was barely large enough for two people let alone two people with bags. The rugs in the hallways were stained and torn. I do have to say that the bed was one of the comfiest I have ever slept on. The bathroom was only slightly larger than the elevator. Even though I asked to forgo housekeeping, we returned from our trip to Normandy to find that housekeeping had been in our room. I understand that there are larger rooms here and I would have liked to have been given one of them. Even though I explained that it was my son with me and my travel agent had booked a room with two beds, I was still given a very small room with one bed. I asked for another room and was told the hotel was full. My son is 16 and there was no way he was sharing a bed with mom so he slept in a chair. I can't say that I was all that impressed with this hotel and I probably wouldn't say there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sugrbear73
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 13 September 2011

This hotel has nice size rooms, great location and excellent service. For those familiar with Paris, this is not always easy to get all 3 at once, so this hotel is a steal. It is located across from the Luxembourg Gardens and near lots of cute cafes. Perfect for couples or single travelers, not really a hotel for families.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo