“the best staff!”

Ranked #497 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Tel Aviv, Israel
“the best staff!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My husband and I visited Paris, in honor of 10 years of marriage, we got to the hotel from Orly Airport and the train stopped very close to the hotel.
This small and intimate hotel is fun to go back to the end of a busy day experiences.
We received a lovely duplex room was not missing anything! The bed was very comfortable, everything was clean and meticulous.
What I liked most about the hotel, staff was courteous reception comes out of his way to help, especially Antonio and Arwen, thank you, you are just adorable.
we will return to this hotel for sure, just because the nice staff and the good location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hilaplanet
Senat01, Directeur général at Hotel le Senat, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks you for this kind review.

All my staff is always happy when our guests are happy with their stay in Hotel Le Senat.

Erwan and Antonio are very happy to be appointed in your review.

Thanks you very much, all my staff and myself will be happy to accomodate you for your next stay in Paris.

Sincerely Yours.

Directeur.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Hotel is off a quiet street in the St. Germain des Pres area. Worked out well. Staff was kind and generally helpful. Though I thought it odd that even though they were aware of me being in Paris for my birthday, did nothing for it. Not even a "welcome" note or the smallest offering. When I checked in I called the front desk to confirm the water in the room was complimentary. Which I was told it was. Then later charged for the same water which I took from downstairs. Thinking it would be less bother for them to bring up. This became an issue at 6AM as I was trying to check out. Arguing over water should be the last thing a guest needs to deal with. Was at the hotel for 5 nights. Rooms were basic and fairly clean. Carpeting could use a good cleaning as there were various stains. The right mid-range hotel in Paris is always a challenge. Many are outdated or offer inferior service. Hotel le Senat served its purpose and would possibly stay here again. Its proximity to restaurants, parks, and metro made it appealing. It would also depend on the rate offered. Wouldn't go beyond 200E.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank A M
Dear Valued Guests,

Thanks you for your review.

First at all, I send you my personal apologies about the no welcome made.

I have personaly checked, and in fact your special welcome was previous but unfortunatly someone of my staff has forgotten to prepare it.

I sincerely do regret this situation and I will send you a private message to find a solution with you about this matter.

Regarding the problem with the water, first bottel of water is offered, and only the first. I do regret this misunderstanding.

About stains for some carpets, my staff tries to clean them but wine or coffe 's stains are very difficult to be cleaned, so rooms 's carpets are regulary changed.

For room rates, if you would like to pay less than 200 euros, it should be better to come in low season. You can find some good rates during month of december, january, february, march and august ( carefull you have peak period during those months ).

I hope that you will come back and your will appreciate definitly and totaly Hotel Le Senat.

Sincerely yours

Bastia, France
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Hotel Le Senat is still very well located in Saint Germain, and close to Latin area.

Staff is very helpfull and hotel is very clean.

Hotel Le Senat is my favorite hotel when I am in Paris.

Easy to find some good restaurants just around.

When I am in, it is like to be at home.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks you for your review.

My staff and myself are always happy to welcome our repeat guests.

I know that we will see you very soon in Hotel Le Senat.

With my warmest regards.

Calgary
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We literally "stayed" in this hotel for 1 hour and got out fast.

The room we were given was filthy and faced a cement wall.

When we complained, the front desk clerk argued that the room was not dirty.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank CalgaryCarrie
Senat01, Directeur général at Hotel le Senat, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Madam ,

Most of the time, my professional attitude requires to me enough empathy to understand a frustrating situation for one of my guest.
My main satisfaction is to resolve this type of problem. My staff and myself are so satisfied when we have reached expectations for one of our guests. Of course, sometimes we are very sad when it is not the case.

Regarding your review, I am sorry but I have no empathy feelings with it.

You are just indulting an entire staff who is working hard all the year to have the great pleasure to welcome our guests..

But more, you are insulting around 23 000 guests per year who are staying more than one hour and are generally very satisfied with the cleanliness.

I know with the complaint you made to your travel agent that you are not "picky people", I am quiet sure that you have choosen a low budget hotel for you stay in Paris after leaving Hotel Le Senat.

Like I have a big sense of humour, I would like to say that you have written the dirtiest review never write against about Hotel Le Senat.

Directeur

I have send my answer for the second time for the following reason :

"*Respectful of Personal Privacy

No speculation as to the identity of the reviewer.

Please consider resubmitting a response which meets our posting criteria using the management response form on our site."

For myself, I have no trouble to give my identity when I write something, and specialy if it is a bad commentary. Of course everybody is free to choose his way of life behind its computer.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 April 2014

My husband and I chose this hotel mainly due to its great location (easy access to Luxembourg Gardens, RER stops, and a short walk to multiple Metro lines), but we were beyond happy with how great the hotel itself actually was! We were lucky to get a room with a balcony so we greatly enjoyed having wine out there while taking in the view. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to help us -- we needed to print off a voucher we purchased so they had us email it to them and they printed it off for us. Breakfast was nice each morning and the room was clean. Highly recommended!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie S
Senat01, Directeur général at Hotel le Senat, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thanks you so much for your nice review.

We hope to see you back very soon in Hotel Le Senat.

It is always a great pleasure for all my staff and myself to welcome our repeat guests.

Sincerely Yours

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed three nights in this small but lovely hotel. It is located very close to the RER B line from CDG airport as well as the Metropolitan underground. Staff are friendly and very personable and our room, whilst not the biggest, was immaculate and comfortable. The bed and bedding was first rate. It suits our style of city break as we tend to eat outwith our hotel and only return to sleep!. The hotel operates an honesty bar and light breakfast where you help yourself and fill out a docket to be added to your bill. We tried breakfast and it is very good value and quality for a buffet style set up. Take care on the RER and metro if you choose to use it- keep a hold of your belongings and mind your pockets.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Senat01, Directeur général at Hotel le Senat, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Valued Client,

Thanks you for your nice feedback.

That's true, Hotel Le Senat is just closed to Luxembourg's station, and in direct access with CDG airport what is very convenient to reach our hotel and Paris center.

We hope to see you back very soon.

Sincerely Yours

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I just returned from Hotel le Senat, my third stay at this fabulous boutique hotel in the 6th. The propoerty is perfect, and the staff is even better -- friendly, helpful, and accomodating -- especially important to a business traveler (me). I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: In my three trips I have never had a bad room.