“Beautiful and great service!”

Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome
Ranked #62 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 26 February 2013

This hotel is in the best location. It is in the general vicinity of the Louvre, the heart of the fine jewelry and central to many places. The hotel is gorgeous. It has statues by the same artist everywhere-from the lobby to the bathroom in the rooms. The service staff is very particular and greets you everyt ime you go downstairs to see how they can help you. It is a pretty exclusive hotel. It is a bit pricey! The food is really good.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
PHPV, General Manager at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Dear Gloria M,
Many thanks for taking time to share this review with us. I am happy that you enjoyed our convenient location near Le Louvre and the fine jewellery stores on Place Vendôme.
I look forward to welcoming you again soon,

There are newer reviews for Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I absolutely loved our stay at the Park Hyatt Vendome. This hotel is very luxurious, well-kept, and ideally located. Nice touches like the remote-controlled window shades, nice closets, great in-room coffee, and spa-like shower made our stay so comfortable. Granted, we spent very little time in the room because we were off exploring Paris! But after a long, cold day exploring Paris, it was nice to come back to relax in such a nice room.Breakfast was very delicious, but we got it free because our status with hotel points. I think it's normally quite expensive. The hotel staff was great, as well.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear puggypeggy,
Many thanks for such a great review. I am thrilled to read you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
Thank you as well for the pictures you provided.
I hope we will welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Hotels in this league must go beyond the ordinary to remain competitive. Park Hyatt Parils is in a fabulous location and offers discrete service that is intuative and expertly delivered. The quality of food and beverage is excellent and should be for the price. What is disapointing, verging on shocking is the standard of housekeeping. We had a terrific room 637, with a great view over Place Vendome, however the room was not clean. Every door, cupboard, mirror was covered in finger prints - not just from the last guest I expect. Cushions had encrusted dirt that I cleaned off before sitting down. The room was very tired (including the bed) but you could appreciate that it was furnished with quality some years ago. We required a different sized bathrobe and this was delivered, and then removed from the room each time it was serviced. We needd to request the right size repeatedly, clearly there was no internal communication happending here. The glasses in the mini bar were also dirty and needed to be replaced, but then once used were not removed from the room and replaced. The concierge was terrific as was room service, however at around 700 Euro a night I expect that there be no evidence of the previous guest - a minimum housekeeping requirement. Hyatt you can do better!

3  Thank ServiceProfessionals
PHPV, General Manager at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Dear ServiceProfessionals,
Many thanks for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us.
I am sorry to read that there were a few issues with your room and please rest assured we are escalating this so that it does not happen again.
We strive to serve our guests in the best possible manner, and we will definitely correct these misunderstandings in the near future.
I am however happy to learn that overall service was satisfying.
I hope we will be able to welcoming you soon.
Gorka BERGARECHE, General Manager.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

I didn want to stay here orginally because i like opulent paris and this is more a modern Paris. It was so fantastic, i have changed my mind and will have to stay here again. The room was beautiful, the Smell in the hotel was fantastic and th service was outstanding. This hotel is luxury at its best! Also a great location, i love staying in place Vendome, but i side the hotel is like your own private sanctuary in Paris. A must stay hotel!

1  Thank Karen_Singh82
PHPV, General Manager at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Dear Karen_Singh82,
Many thanks for such a great review ! I am delighted to read you enjoyed your room and your stay with us. I also love Blaise Mautin's custom fragrance for our hotel, I can never get enough of it as well !
I hope to welcoming you again soon,

Reviewed 22 February 2013

* Outstanding location
* Outstanding 7* valet service! They are the best I know. Excellent at juggling cars, very very welcoming, easing away all the stress of driving in Paris. I cant thank them enough.
* The rooms have the very comfortable bed with luxurious linen, excellent decor and outstanding amenities, as well as very clean, beautiful bathroom... It is really a space for maximum relaxation.
* Buffet breakfast @ l'Orchidee is a great start of the day. Excellent ambience, service with great selection of the best quality breakfast item. The fresh fruit platter is simply divine! The best tropical fruit ever!
* Reception staff are a little bit pompous and (should I say... ) a tad arrogant.
* I am quite disappointed that the concierge sent us to the wrong address for Dolce and Gabana... It used to be there but had moved a long time ago.

Otherwise, I love Park Hyatt Vendome.

Room Tip: I am sure each room is very well thought, you cant go wrong :-)
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear SydneyHarbourView,
First of all many thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback about our location, rooms and service.
I am glad to read our valet service made your way easier through busy Paris !
I look forward to welcoming you again soon,

Reviewed 21 February 2013

After a busy day of taking in all the Paris sites what a relief it was to relax in our luxurious terrace suite! The room was very quiet allowing for maximum relaxation! What I appreciated most was the kindness and helpfulness of the staff! Also, I appreciated the Nespresso machine, the complimentary tea, cookies, and Evian water! We were given free breakfast buffets in l'Orchidee which were delicious! The hotel is in a great location near the Tuileries Garden and the Louvre. It is also convenient for the Metro and bus system! The spa was also very relaxing with a nice hot tub! The only minor annoyance was being told the breakfast buffet was complimentary at the beginning and signing the receipt at the end of breakfast stating it was complimentary, but at hotel checkout we were charged 12 Euros for eggs with our breakfast. I would not mind paying it if I had been informed of the charge, but we were told "they forgot" to charge us and then acted like it was our fault and what were we complaining about anyway it was "only 12 Euros". My favorite response to that kind of statement is "if it is only 12 Euros, then you pay it!" They took it off our bill! Great stay all around and highly recommended!

1  Thank tammlynn

Dear tammlynn,
First of all let me apologize for the misunderstanding which occurred during the invoicing. I read everything was sorted and I guarantee this will not happen again.
Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed the hotel location, I myself love telling our clients they can go to the Tuileries and the Louvre by foot, it is very convenient and beautiful from the Rue de la Paix and Place Vendôme !
I look forward to welcoming you again soon
Sincerely

Reviewed 19 February 2013

This is my favourite hotel in Paris and have stayed here many times. Service level is excellent and so it the restaurant Pur, the breakfast buffet in l'Orchidee and the bar is relaxed and fun.

The rooms are wonderful with full selection of Blaise Martin toiletteries and nespresso coffee and herbal teas and plush robes and slippers to use during your stay. Daily turn down service.

Only ran into 1 issue in something like 8 stays and it was partially due to their changeover to inclusive internet impacting their network so I was not able to print anything for 2 days... Very well handled and great customer service.

My sister was feeling sick so we did not use our reservation on our last night and I went down to have some food and asked them to prepare something vegetarian for her and they happily did a stir fried vegetable plate off the menu.

A perfect place to stay and you will definitely get the 5* treatment.

Spa was closed while I was last there for some renovation and enlargement.

Room Tip: The room I had in October stay on the 5th floor had a view of Parisian rooftops..
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Mary H,
A big thank you for giving us your feedback about your recent stay with us.
I am sorry you couldn't avail of the busines center to print your documents, but I am relieved to read our guest relations service was helpful to you.
I hope I will be able to greet you on your next stay with us,
Kind Regards,