“Second home”

Ranked #55 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
New York City, New York
“Second home”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We just came back from another wonderful 5 night stay at this exceptional hotel. I have read some comments that the carpets were run down in the rooms. I can state that we had the same room as last year and the carpeting has been changed to a beautiful Goldon color .

Victor and Henri at Les Orchides remembered us from last year , and the service was excellent
as usual . Fabien took care of a few dinner reservations we needed, and Umberto helped us retrieve our Passports that we had dropped in the Taxi on the way to the airport.

Our room was ready for immediate check in when we arrived around 12:30 PM. We also were given a 4 PM check out that gave us a little more time to spend in this Magical City

I will mention that I am an Amex Platinum cardholder next year. Will be going back , unfortunately not soon enough.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
PHPV, General Manager at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Dear PETERPNYC,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a positive review about your recent stay at Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome. I am glad to read you have enjoyed your hotel and dining experience. Rest assured I will forward your compliments to both reception and Les Orchidées staff, they will be please to read them and will look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit.
If I can personnally help in planning your next stay, please feel free to contact me directly.
Best Regards,

Alessandro CRESTA, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Palos Verdes Estates, California
Reviewed 27 May 2013

From our arrival to departure all staff exceeded expectations. Attention to every whim. We travel with AMEX Platinum Card and the upgrade was wonderful.

Hotel is expensive but exudes quality.

We will return

Room Tip: Loved 311 which was a large suite with two baths
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Ken M.,
This is great news ! Thank youy very much for your review. I look forward to welcoming you again very soon !
With my best regards,
West Kingston, Rhode Island
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The service is great from the front counter to the concierge to the restaurant. The rooms were modern, beautiful bathroom, great shower. The one thing I was really disappointed with was the bed. I booked a double bed room for my brother and I, expecting half way decent size beds and a room that was a little bigger that would give us some space and not seem so small, especially for the price we were paying. When I checked in, I was asked there again if I wanted a room with 2 beds. I said yes again, so we checked in and went up to the room. What I found was 2 double beds made as one so it looked like a king. We went out for a while to grab some food, and when we came back all they did to make it 2 beds was make each bed separately. They were still pushed together, no night stand in between, really much to close for comfort, since I already have trouble sleeping in hotel rooms. In addition to that, it was a very firm bed, I prefer a softer bed. Also, there was no easy plug next to the beds to plug a phone/alarm clock in. To summarize, I guess if I was staying here with my wife, the rooms would have been fine, but if you want a room with two beds, pretty much expect to share the night with whoever you're with because there is no place to go. I would definitely stay somewhere else if this is the case.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2013

As a diamond member for many years, I'm truly disappointed at this hotel. There is no special treatment at all. In fact, it's really not up to par as a five star hotel. First of all, when we arrived at the front door near midnight there was a weird stinky smell like spoiled cheese. Yuck. Check in was average. Since we were using award nights we were told that we were already upgraded from park twin to deluxe park king. But they make it sound like they did us such gracious favor even though I know that they never give diamond park twin as they don't even have that many inventory. Too patronizing.

The overall presence is nice. But the rooms are worn out. Carpet is stained and has a tired feel. We were given a room on 1st floor.  The view is street cars and building. Bathroom has a dirty impression especially the blow dryer all stained. The doors of the bathroom has hand dirt marked everywhere. Dust comes out from least expected places. See my pictures. No electrical plugs next to night stand for charging.

Our anniversary gift was a cheap bottle of $9 euro champagne. Not worth even going into stomach!!! Some other person who just got the diamond challenge said they got a $80 bottle for their anniversary.  So that's what you get if you have been loyal diamond member for years. Haha. What a shame. I do admit that I expected more going in because I had read so many people raving about this place. So lessons learned, don't read and dont expect.

American Breakfast included the buffet which consists of mainly pastries, cold meats, cheese and some fruits. It's a continental breakfast at best. Again I expected better because of all the positive reviews but now I'm completely let down. Would never pay 50 euro for that stuff. Actually Westin down the street has much better breakfast with similar pricing.  At least they have more hot Food. Park hyatt is Overrated.

Oh Internet is slow.

Concierge seemed snotty and not very friendly for a 5 star hotel

Will not pay top dollar to stay here for sure. Not worth $700 a night for sure.
So word of advise, expect nothing then you will be happy.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank RychiC
Dear RychiC,

First we would like to thank you very much for having stayed again at the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme and we would like to refer to the series of events you encountered for which we sincerely apologize.

We can profoundly understand the frustration felt on your arrival. We strive to ensure that all travel experiences of our guests are both enjoyable and consistent and we sincerely apologies that on this occasion your expectation was not fulfilled and most especially on the occasion of your Anniversary

Though I know your current impression of the Hotel is not as favorable as we would like it to be, and do hope you provide us with another opportunity to restore your faith in Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme. If and when returning I would like to offer my services, so that I may personally detail your reservation needs.

Again we would like to reiterate our sincere apology for any inconveniences we may have caused and do hope to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme soon.

With best regards
Alessandro CRESTA, General Manager
Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

There are many appealing things about this hotel, especially the location and the Ed Tuttle design; however, they are overshadowed by the fragrance used.
If you are sensitive to odors (e.g., use cleaning products with no odors), you might reconsider staying here. And, it was disheartening to read upon my return home that many Park Hyatts are using this same "signature smell."

Stayed May 2013
7 Thank A S
Hyatt_Paris, Directeur général at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear A S,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review about your recent stay at Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme. I am deeply sorry you did not enjoy your experience with us, and that our signtaure smell made you feel uncomfortable. Indeed, it is often reported to us as addictive, as some guests love it so much, but I can understand you did not like it. Please do feel free to let us know prior to your next stay with us or at another Park Hyatt using the Blaise Mautin amenities, and some special set-up will happily be arranged for you.
Many thanks again for your feedback,
Best Regards,
Chicago
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed at the Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome for part of Fashion Week. The common areas of the property were stylish and well-kept. The hotel was very conveniently located to many restaurants, tourist attractions and nightlife. We stayed in a deluxe king room that we found adequate in that it was clean and cozy. The room was a bit small, but the upside was that there were 2 separate sinks in the bathroom.

The service seemed fine too, but note that we didn't really interact with many people other than the helpful concierges and the attentive breakfast waiters.

We came with high expectations, but there wasn't anything that absolutely impressed us. So in light of my history with Hyatt, I would say that this property is average compared to other Park Hyatt properties. Because of its location, we would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jmleon72
Dear jmleon72,
Many thanks for your review, I appreciate your taking the time to share your feedback with us.
I am happy you liked your room and our location close to restaurants and tourist attractions. Also, I'll let our concierge team know that they have been helpful to you and they will be more than pleased to provide this service to you again.
I hope we can meet your expectations on your next visit to Paris, and please do feel free to contact me directly should you have any request prior to your stay.
With my Best Regards,
Alessanfro CRESTA, General Manager.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 May 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in April. I loved the location and the hotel was wonderful. The lobby is a little fancy/intimidating but everyone was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely return but only with Hyatt points as the cost is a little out of our comfort level. The room and bed were wonderful, probably the nicest room I have ever enjoyed in Paris.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
PHPV, General Manager at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Dear Ilove2travel805,
Many thanks for your review ! I hope you have enjoyed your stay and you will return soon.
I look forward to welcoming you again soon,
With best regards,