“Great location, luxurious hotel”

Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome
Ranked #62 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stayed here using Hyatt points for our recent vacation. It was fabulous! A great location: you can walk everywhere, and there is a Metro stop two blocks away. Great service and housekeeping too. Of course, all of the hotel amenities are VERY expensive, so we didn't try to restaurant or spa, or even the minibar in the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
PHPV, General Manager at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear linguistchic, Thank you for your positive review !
I hope you will have the opportunity to try one of our restaurants on your next visit, or maybe just chill out on the Terrace for an afternoon tea?
Best Regards,
Alessandro CRESTA, Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,477)

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I was a guest in mid June for 3 glorious nights at the Park Hyatt Vendome in Paris. The level of service is unparalleled. Every interaction with the staff left me feeling that my wish was their command and they were ever so happy to oblige. The room was phenomenal, exquisite decor, beautiful appointments-opulence at its best! The gorgeous porcelain bathtub with the six waterfall like waterspout made my bubble bath a real treat. The travertine marble flooring in the bath heated-yes! The custom toiletries from a Parisian Perfumery- they didn't miss anything. You will find yourself thinking of ways to stay at the hotel and cut down the site seeing because you feel like royalty at the
Park Hyatt. Returning from my daily adventures in Paris was always joyful as I knew I would retreat to a luxurious room and a stellar staff. I am an extremely discriminating traveler and my standards are high. I promise you that if you select this prize of a property, your entire Paris stay will be enhanced and will leave you in a dreamy state recalling the magnificence of the experience.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Bellisima101

Dear Bellisima101, I cannot express how honoured I am to read your review, your very first contribution on TripAdvisor ! It is a great pleasure to know you have enjoyed your stay as well as the room amenities and the overall decor.
I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is definitely a great hotel; my wife and I were amazed at all the little touches in our room - things I'd never even seen, like the motorized window shades, climate-controlled mirrors, the high-quality tea machine, etc. I could go on and on.

I have to give it four stars, however, for the obscene prices, including a 12 euro ($15.50) can of Coke from the minibar. I've stayed at other 5-star hotels around the world that didn't feel a similar need to gouge their customers.

In addition, while most praise the central location, I found it very loud, crowded and touristy - during my next stay in Paris I would likely opt for a more serene location.

Dear MattAbt0429,
Thank you for your review. I am glad you and your wife enjoyed the hotel. Next time please feel free to request a quiet room, we will gladly accommodate you in an aisle far from the street.
With Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in early July. They have done some refreshing and made a few changes (new scent for the room amenities, lemon verbena) but the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome is still its amazing self.

The rooms are literally golden (see photos--our Park Queen looked very much like the one at the top of the TA page) and very well sound-proofed. Once one gets used to the carpeted closet setup, there is adequate room to unpack and set out toiletries.

We were on the first floor on the Rue de la Paix, and heard no traffic sounds at all with the windows closed. (The windows have pull-down shades that keep the room dark in the morning.) Housekeeping was very thorough, amenities and botttles of Evian replenished in the morning and at turn-down. Beds were comfortable and we slept late each morning (remember to turn the privacy light on!).

The room-service Continental breakfast was very good but the price is quite high, but then so is everything there. The rooms have Nespresso machines and a kettle for tea-making. The mini-bar has room for a couple of small items if one is careful.

Our first afternoon, we enjoyed champagne and nibbles in the courtyard bar--we'd not done that before (this was our fifth or sixth stay, I think) because we usually come in fall or early spring.

Dinner at Pur was excellent, much better than last time. The woman who is the "second" chef was amazing to watch as she ran the pass...and under her watchful eye, the kitchen performed amazingly well.

My husband enjoyed relaxing in the spa; I did not go down there this time.

The hotel was fully booked but was not noisy or crowded. The concierge team were very helpful in advance with restaurant reservations (including Jules Verne) and with taxis and suggestions during our visit. (The taxi to CDG was about 60 euros on a weekday morning.)

The location is great--we walked everywhere: Notre Dame, Jardin des Plantes, Louvre, Musee D'Orsay, along the quays to Berthillon. There is a Monprix about 10 minutes away on Opera, with a gourmet grocery shop and a conventional supermarket downstairs, good for buying some fruit, snack items, etc. Nicolas and Lavinia are easy walks for wine shopping.

We'll be back!

Room Tip: The rooms vary in size and layout but there are no bad rooms.
2  Thank Honu_Ohana
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This hotel is in a fantastic location, right near Rue St Honore and short walking distance to the Louvre , Champs Élysées and if you like a longer walk also to Eiffel Tower.

Great rooms and pretty spacious for Paris.

My only complaint was that concierge was very rude and unhelpful. I had purchased some museum passes which I had delivered to the hotel for our arrival. Concierge insisted they had nothing and blamed Paris postal system. So we went off without the passes and I told Concierge please keep looking and call us if you find them. Low and behold later they found them and called. We had to walk all the way back to hotel to get the passes (there was no offer of them to walk to where we were) and when we went in, they just handed them to us with no apology or anything. We also asked for directions to The Louvre which they gave us but didn't brother to tell us it was closed.

A concierge can make or break your trip as they are your eyes and ears for each city. In this case, they did not perform.

2  Thank Cindi D
Reviewed 5 July 2013

My husband an I started our 9 night Paris and Rome honeymoon here after a long day and night of traveling from Chicago, IL. We took the Roissybus from the airport to the Opera and found the Hyatt only about a 5 minute walk from the drop off location. It was very easy to find. As soon s we walked in we were greeted by he Bellman who took our luggage off our hands. We checked in with the friendly front desk staff and were escorted to our amazing room. After a quick nap and a shower we headed out into the city and found we were in a very desirable area and within walking distance to many interesting attractions. We ended our stay with an amazing breakfast which was free due to being Platinum Hyatt members. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear mccarthy2,
Thank you for taking the time to share such a nice review ! I am thrilled to learn your stay was such a delight, and I hope the rest of your honeymoon in Europe was a great experience.
I look forward to welcoming you again soon,
With Best Regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the Park Hyatt Vendome for 7 days in June. The hotel is beautiful! It's contemporary, sophisticated and chic. All of the staff members were friendly and attentive to our needs. Our wonderful experience started with our check-in experience. Florence checked us in. She was absolutely wonderful! She acknowledged everyone in our party. Florence gave us a tour of the hotel and escorted us to our room. She explained how everything worked in our room and even offered to get us ice. As we were unpacking, I realized I didn't have my camera case. I was really upset. My husband went down to the bellman area and spoke with Humberto. Humberto along with security checked their storage area to see if it was there. When they couldn't find it we came to the conclusion that it was left in the car that picked us up at the airport. Humberto went out of his way to call the car service and they located my camera which Humberto personally delivered to my room a few hours later. We were really impressed by this. Our room was spacious and comfortable. Lots of storage space for our clothes. Our bathroom was as big as our room. The walk in shower was wonderful! We had a large balcony and a view of the Opera House and Eiffel Tower. Our room was equipped with a Nespresso Machine. It was wonderful! We went out for the afternoon and when we arrived back at the hotel there was a nice bottle of Bordeaux in our room along with a welcome note from the manager. Very nice touch! The hotel has two great restaurants and a nice bar. We had drinks in the bar every night! The bar had a great vibe! It was artsey and relaxing. The bar manager Gilliam, and the mixologists (Jerome and Pierre) were fantastic. Some of the best cocktails we ever had. Staff was friendly and offered recommendations on how to enjoy the beautiful city of Paris from a locals perspective. We also had dinner at Le Pur! Service was outstanding and food was really good. They also have a beautiful outdoor terrace where you can enjoy drinks or get a light snack. We loved this hotel! I would recommend this hotel to everyone and would stay here on my next visit to Paris! This hotel is truly a 5 Star Hotel. I want to thank the entire staff for making our stay in Paris so memorable!

• Stayed: June 2013