“Exceptional in many ways”

Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome
Ranked #55 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Des Moines, Iowa
“Exceptional in many ways”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Hyatt is very generous with points redemption and so we were able to stay at this fantastic hotel for four days recently, rubbing elbows with the price-insensitive all weekend and living large. Everything is just incomparable - the location is right in the midst of everything and if you can walk you will be able to see most of the major tourist attractions and take short taxi rides to the others. Service is spot on from the concierge, to check-in staff to housekeeping. In fact, they folded our clothes each evening and left us a corkscrew in the room when they saw we had purchased wine during the day! I really just can't say enough about how exceptionally good the service was.

Unfortunately we were not able to take advantage of all the hotel had to offer because the prices were beyond our budget (50 euros for breakfast,14 euros for bottled water in the room, etc.) but that was okay. We were easily able to buy our own water and eat breakfast at any of the cafes nearby.

The room itself was absolutely gorgeous and I can only imagine how beautiful the balcony must be in the springtime. My only quibbles perhaps were that I had to contort to fit in the bathtub and I would have liked a chair in the room with a footrest, but those were very, very minor indeed.

If one can afford it, or use points, I do not believe it would be possible to find a better hotel in Paris.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank callmeishmael
Hyatt_Paris, General Manager at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear callmeishmael,

Your review is truly touching. I am honoured to read that Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme is your address in Paris, and that our staff managed to make you feel like home.

We look forward to welcoming you again.
Alessandro CRESTA, Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Service here is unbeatable for such a large hotel and running on full occupancy too during the Christmas season. Concierge was very helpful in recommending great restaurants and helping us place reservations too everyday. Before arrival, we indicated we had a baby travelling with us and needed a crib. When we got to the room, there wasn't just a crib ready, there was also a baby bathtub, baby bath wash, bottle warmer, potty and diaper changing mat all setup for us!! I totally did not expect all those extras and it was a very pleasant surprise.

We got a deluxe room facing the inner courtyard, which was very quiet. The windows have outer blinds which automatically roll up and down with a button. This is great if you dont want to be woken up at the crack of dawn by sunlight. The bathroom is very big and spacious, almost the size of the bedroom itself! There's a shower and bath, separate toilet area, and a closet/changing area too. Love the gold trimmings that run throughout the room, makes it feel very plush. There's a nespresso machine for you coffee lovers.

Location is great if you want to do a lot of shopping. About a 5 min walk from Galeries Lafayette, and all the other high end street shopping (Saint Honore, rue Cambon etc.) is literally just around the corner. Short walk to the Tuileries garden. You could probably walk to Saint Germain too but with a baby now, we didn't and just cabbed it everywhere. There's a taxi stand right outside the hotel and taxis were easily available.

Room Tip: Rooms facing inner courtyard and quiet
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank oh_holidays08
Hyatt_Paris, General Manager at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear oh_holidays08,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this detailed review. I am delighted to read we were able to suprise you, and that your little one was at ease with all the adapted equipment and the quietness of the room.

Again, many thanks for staying with us, we look forward to welcoming you again on your next Paris trip.

Alessandro CRESTA, Hotel Manager
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Wow - what a fantastic hotel and location! Located in an upscale area near shopping and several sights you'll want to see. We walked to most places from here as we needed the exercise after a long flight from Calif. In fact, after checking in after lunch, we walked to the Arch and Eiffel Tower - about 45-min each way. When needed, the underground was only 2-blocks away. We certainly understand why it is classified as a 5-Star - exceptional experience! Check-in was easy and everyone spoke English. The room was well appointed to include 2-sinks, shower and separate tub in the bathroom. In fact, the entire bathroom is beautiful tile and the floor was heated as was the towel rack. The bed was very comfortable and room size more than adequate for the two of us with large screen TV. We also ate a meal in the restaurant and it was quite nice but maybe a little expensive. We stayed on Hyatt Points and well worth it. I would recommend this to all my friends.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear TravelLovers2013,

Thank you very much for dedicating your first review to Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme!
I am glad you have enjoyed your stay as well as our location. I too love the fact the rooms feature two sinks, it is so convenient when you travel as a couple.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Lovely hotel. Very understated. Minimal decor. Not exactly cozy but very nice. Can't beat the location walking distance from the Louvre. Felt more like a business hotel than a romantic one, so would probably not choose again unless I was there on business. Room on the small side. For the price probably not worth it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the small side, but this is normal for Europe.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hyatt_Paris, Directeur général at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear meowable,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. I am happy to read you have enjoyed our location, close to main Paris landmarks, as well as the hotel decor.

We look forward to welcoming you soon, on your next business trip or even for a romantic getaway, I can assure you honeymoons and proposals are quite a specialty at Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme!

Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Hyatts are generally good hotels, but even among good hotels this hotel is exceptional. The actual hotel is very nice, but what really makes the hotel special is the people. The service is the best I have ever experienced. At first, it was so good it was hard to believe that it was sincere, but I quickly realized that the people really did care that much about our stay being perfect.

We stayed four nights in an Executive suite which was beautiful and large by European standards. I wish we had booked longer. I also have to say that I don't know who the general manager is, but considering how exceptional every department is, he has to be a spectacular GM.

Now to the breakfast. It is expensive, but as diamond members we received it for free. It's not the most extensive breakfast I have ever seen, but everything is simply amazing. It really might be worth the 50 Euros if you have to pay for it. As always, service was also exceptional.

This is not only the best Hyatt I have ever experienced, but one of the few best hotels I have ever experienced too.

One other thing is that this is the best location in Paris for a hotel. Vendome is busy, but no where near as busy as the other popular spots. There are many high end stores, but there are also reasonable restaurants nearby as well as somewhat reasonable places to shop. The Opera Metro stop is really a two minute walk and many other sites are within a fifteen minute walk.

No question I will return here when I return to Paris.

Room Tip: Almost any room is nice, but the courtyard rooms are a little quieter.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CEHMaryland
Hyatt_Paris, Directeur général at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear CEHMaryland,

I am absolutely delighted to read this review. Every department, as you mention, strives to make your stay a perfect one, and I am proud we succeeded in meeting your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us, it gives us even more motivation to do better on your next visit.

Again, a big thank you for this very encouraging review, the first of 2014!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

My wife and I spent a night here after returning from Provence. The hotel is located near very high end shopping and not far from some of the city's major sights - we were close enough to walk up the Champs and to Chez Andre, which is one of our favorite spots for food in the city. We thought our room was very tastefully done and we enjoyed having a late-night drink in the hotel's lounge. Very much recommended (it is pricey).

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear HMMIII,

Thank you very much for your review! I am delighted to read you have enjoyed your stay with us, as well as our location close to your favourite landmarks!

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Even with the palace designation, if you are expecting PHV to be ornate, you will be disappointed. There is a more subtle elegance. Any more modern and I think it would be out of place in Paris. The rooms may not be everyone’s taste in size or appearance. However, it exceeds expectations in comfort and service. We spent 5 nights in the park suite, which is a junior suite by US standards with no separation between living space and bed. What I really appreciated was the huge bathroom where you can hide your luggage. I find visible luggage unsightly in a beautiful hotel room. I am almost embarrassed to confess that I spent a lot of time on the window seat in the bathroom getting work done as to not disturb my family on the multiple days I was up at 1-2am. I also appreciate that all the outlets were concentrated at the desk so that all the charging could be done in one area. The bed and blackout shades were conducive to sleeping. My favorite and the most used part of the room was the espresso/tea station. I have had it at other hotels, but never serviced at this level. I happened to be in the room (my choice) when someone came to replenish it and it took him at least 10 minutes to do so. Even the daily cleaning and turndown was more detailed.
I have stayed at numerous 5 star hotels where I thought the service was excellent. The service here is on an entirely whole other level…more attention to detail, polished, and effortless. As a surgeon, I know that it must take a great amount of training behind the scene to make the service here look this effortless, especially considering that most of the staff are in their 20’s and 30’s (and gorgeous). It makes me wonder whether the palace designation is because they treat all their guests like royalty. I ate at L’Arpege (3 Michelin stars, #17 in the world) this visit. The service was good, but again, not at the same level as with my meals at Les Orchidées and La Cheminée.
I have been to France 3 times prior to this visit, during my training and on a shoestring budget. Staying here has truly changed my experience/ opinion of Paris. I cannot imagine staying anywhere else the next time I am in Paris.
My only regret was that I did not eat at Pur, especially when I now know the service I would receive. I asked about availability at Pur the day I checked out. They are willing to accommodate me, even with my 4 and 6 year old (since I no longer had a room for a sitter). Tempted as I was, I could not bare to subject other diners to that. No 4 or 6 years are that good.

I am looking forward to returning to stay and dine at Pur. Thank you for exceeding all expectations.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank foodie007
Dear foodie007,

Let me express all my gratitude - Reading this review genuinely touched me, and I am sharing this with my team right away.

We would more than pleased to welcome you at le Pur' on your next visit, and prepare a special meal for your little one. Again, thank you very much for your kind words.