“Perfect for a stay in Paris”

Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome
Ranked #64 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
angela24c
“Perfect for a stay in Paris”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We loved this hotel. The location is perfect for shopping and for getting to the metro. The staff was very nice and the room was big compared to other places in Europe. We were only disappointed in the room service - the presentation was lovely but the food was bland.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hyatt_Paris, General Manager at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear angela24c,

Thank you for this very useful feedback. I am sorry to hear about your room service experience, please feel free to share more details by e-mail directly so this does not happen again.
I am however glad this did not impact your overall feeling about your stay.

I remain at your disposal to discuss about your experience in detail.
With Best Regards,
Alessandro CRESTA, Hotel Manager.
alessandro.cresta@hyatt.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kranj
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed there only once.In comparison to its neighbour, i like it more.
Breakfast are fenomenal.With my wife , we liked staying in lobby bar, close to fire place, every evening of our trip.Lafayette is reachable within 10 minutes walking, also Louvre.
Location of the hotel is great, staff also.
When I will go to Paris in the future, Park Vendome is absolutely my first choice!

Room Tip: double room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Ales A
Hyatt_Paris, General Manager at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Ales A.,

I am glad to read you and your wife have enjoyed your stay with us. I have to agree with you, our unbeatable location is the best way to both visit the shopping areas and Paris main landmarks, like the Louvre museum.

Many thanks for calling our hotel your "first choice", it is an honour for us.

Alessandro CRESTA
Hotel Manager
Brasil
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I have been in almost most top hotels in Paris but this was my first time at the park Hyatt. I ussually prefer to stay in a local chain but I love the location close to the Opera and I had an excelent stay mostly because of the service of the Hotel.. We were there for 3 days which is very short for Paris but the concierge Gil really tried to do his best and found tickets for an opera, as well as made reservations in some restaurants. The room service in the morning was impecable and the last day we had to leave very early but they organized the things to be as easy as it could be!! The menu offers a wide selection of foods not only for breakfast but also for lunch and dinner and better of all they also have an extend selection of healthy meals, from juices to Salads which is very important nowadays. The rooms could be larger and better decorated but service and the staff is really very good!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AnabeatrizBrasil
Dear AnabeatrizBrasil

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. As you mention it, healthy meals are very important when we travel, this is why we have added healthier and customizable dishes to our menu. I love the idea that you do not have to have big portions, even in a restaurant.

Again, a big thank you for your review.

Alessandro CRESTA
Hotel Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I recently spent 4 nights at the Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome during a short visit back to visit friends. All of the great reviews and comments about the service and accommodations are true. I can't say enough about this hotel and hope to return again soon.

When I checked in I had been upgraded to a "larger" room on the 5th floor. The room was cozy - certainly sufficient for myself for 4 nights. The room wasn't large but was very well appointed and comfortable, with even space to step outside and see the Opera and Eiffel Tower in the distance. The bathroom was almost as large as the bedroom and was very well appointed - including a great rain shower and then stepping out onto a warm heated floor. The evening turndown service was another full room service which was a nice benefit.

The location, as mentioned several times, was fabulous - so much to do and see - just steps from the front door. Paris is a great walkable city.

I had breakfast each morning at the hotel - very nice and well appointed with great service. Speaking of that, everywhere you go in the hotel people address you by name (usually after asking for your room number…it is a large hotel after all). The breakfast is 50 Euro, so if it wasn't included as a Diamond member I probably would have stepped out to eat elsewhere.

Overall, I can't say enough positive about my stay at Park Hyatt - Paris. I can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ord2002
Dear ord2002,

Thank you very much for this great review about your recent stay with us. I too can't have anough of the hotel location, it allows so many walking tours of the city, and it is very enjoyable.

I am also very happy to read our breakfast and service met your expectations, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Hyatt is very generous with points redemption and so we were able to stay at this fantastic hotel for four days recently, rubbing elbows with the price-insensitive all weekend and living large. Everything is just incomparable - the location is right in the midst of everything and if you can walk you will be able to see most of the major tourist attractions and take short taxi rides to the others. Service is spot on from the concierge, to check-in staff to housekeeping. In fact, they folded our clothes each evening and left us a corkscrew in the room when they saw we had purchased wine during the day! I really just can't say enough about how exceptionally good the service was.

Unfortunately we were not able to take advantage of all the hotel had to offer because the prices were beyond our budget (50 euros for breakfast,14 euros for bottled water in the room, etc.) but that was okay. We were easily able to buy our own water and eat breakfast at any of the cafes nearby.

The room itself was absolutely gorgeous and I can only imagine how beautiful the balcony must be in the springtime. My only quibbles perhaps were that I had to contort to fit in the bathtub and I would have liked a chair in the room with a footrest, but those were very, very minor indeed.

If one can afford it, or use points, I do not believe it would be possible to find a better hotel in Paris.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank callmeishmael
Dear callmeishmael,

Your review is truly touching. I am honoured to read that Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme is your address in Paris, and that our staff managed to make you feel like home.

We look forward to welcoming you again.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Service here is unbeatable for such a large hotel and running on full occupancy too during the Christmas season. Concierge was very helpful in recommending great restaurants and helping us place reservations too everyday. Before arrival, we indicated we had a baby travelling with us and needed a crib. When we got to the room, there wasn't just a crib ready, there was also a baby bathtub, baby bath wash, bottle warmer, potty and diaper changing mat all setup for us!! I totally did not expect all those extras and it was a very pleasant surprise.

We got a deluxe room facing the inner courtyard, which was very quiet. The windows have outer blinds which automatically roll up and down with a button. This is great if you dont want to be woken up at the crack of dawn by sunlight. The bathroom is very big and spacious, almost the size of the bedroom itself! There's a shower and bath, separate toilet area, and a closet/changing area too. Love the gold trimmings that run throughout the room, makes it feel very plush. There's a nespresso machine for you coffee lovers.

Location is great if you want to do a lot of shopping. About a 5 min walk from Galeries Lafayette, and all the other high end street shopping (Saint Honore, rue Cambon etc.) is literally just around the corner. Short walk to the Tuileries garden. You could probably walk to Saint Germain too but with a baby now, we didn't and just cabbed it everywhere. There's a taxi stand right outside the hotel and taxis were easily available.

Room Tip: Rooms facing inner courtyard and quiet
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank oh_holidays08
Hyatt_Paris, General Manager at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear oh_holidays08,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this detailed review. I am delighted to read we were able to suprise you, and that your little one was at ease with all the adapted equipment and the quietness of the room.

Again, many thanks for staying with us, we look forward to welcoming you again on your next Paris trip.

Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Wow - what a fantastic hotel and location! Located in an upscale area near shopping and several sights you'll want to see. We walked to most places from here as we needed the exercise after a long flight from Calif. In fact, after checking in after lunch, we walked to the Arch and Eiffel Tower - about 45-min each way. When needed, the underground was only 2-blocks away. We certainly understand why it is classified as a 5-Star - exceptional experience! Check-in was easy and everyone spoke English. The room was well appointed to include 2-sinks, shower and separate tub in the bathroom. In fact, the entire bathroom is beautiful tile and the floor was heated as was the towel rack. The bed was very comfortable and room size more than adequate for the two of us with large screen TV. We also ate a meal in the restaurant and it was quite nice but maybe a little expensive. We stayed on Hyatt Points and well worth it. I would recommend this to all my friends.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear TravelLovers2013,

Thank you very much for dedicating your first review to Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme!
I am glad you have enjoyed your stay as well as our location. I too love the fact the rooms feature two sinks, it is so convenient when you travel as a couple.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

With Best Regards,

Alessandro CRESTA, Hotel Manager.