“Worth the money”

Ranked #64 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Stockbridge, Georgia
“Worth the money”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed here for two nights, as this was my first trip to Paris and didn't want to spend too many nights here - in case I didn't like it (I know.. who doesn't like Paris?! :-)). Check in was quick and smooth and the room was very comfortable. Water in provided in the room as well as a nespresso machine with complimentary coffee and teas. Excellent location! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the breakfast was very good as well. I ordered room service once - service was quick and the food was great! My only complaint during my stay(which is minor) is when I requested an international adapter, it took three requests to receive it (once at check-in when we were shown our room, once before breakfast the next day and again when we returned from sight-seeing). It is expensive, but it is located in Place Vendome - and you get what you pay for. Would I stay here again the next time I come to Paris? Absolutely, without a second thought.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hyatt_Paris, Manager at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Hearts1107,

I am really happy to read such a beautiful review about our hotel with so many details inside.
I am sorry about the inconvenience with your adapter and hope you won't have this issue again, I will talk with my team about it.

We look forward to welcoming you soon in our parisian residence,

Best Regards,
Alessandro CRESTA, Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Port Washington, New York
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My now husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during our honeymoon traveling through France. This was our first stop in France. Everything about this hotel was amazing. I really liked the location, very easy to find your way to at the end of the day and close enough to all the main attractions of Paris. The hotel is very beautiful, had a romantic feel, was clean, the room was a good size, and the bed was very comfortable. I especially loved the automated black out blinds! We had a room with a balcony which was lovely. The service at the hotel was impeccable. The concierge was amazing recommending us great places for dinner and making the reservations. The bar was also one of best stocked bars I have ever been in. They had everything you could ever thing of, a beautiful ambiance, and great signature drinks. Overall the best hotel we stayed in during the honeymoon.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hyatt_Paris, General Manager at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Danielle K,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about our Parisian Residence.

I am really delighted to read your stay at Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme was amazing, especially on such a special occasion !

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Expensive but worth it for a nice treat, very charming that has a small boutique feel. Beautifully appointed rooms but lacking a bit of natural light. Location wise this is spot on. Small spa area which works after a day walking round the local shops.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AJ J
Hyatt_Paris, General Manager at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear AJ J,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about our Parisian Residence, I am delighted you enjoyed your room, our location and our spa.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Texas
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed here for two nights in January on Hyatt Points. I had read how many of the people were upgraded to better rooms than the one booked on Hyatt points; we unfortunately had the sour puss who said your rooms are not ready and we will not have one in the level you booked ready for awhile. I was taken aback about this; so contrary to the reviews I had read on TripAdvisor and Flyer Talk. I am a Diamond member and do get upgraded to better rooms even on points most of the time. She reiterated that several times. Alright, I get it! Then a nice gentleman came and greeted us said we could shower and change at the spa and they would hold our luggage. After that our stay was better we did have a nice room that over saw a courtyard. I was given a gift from our butler which was so nice. The breakfast although good ; I have had better in Hyatt Hotels but it is in the top 10%. I was amazed how everyone knew my name. The location is good for walking to many points of interest. One of the best restaurants in Paris is right out the back door.
It is a great property and I would stay here again but if I have that sourpuss again. I will complain.

Room Tip: This is Europe so I would ask for little bigger room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank MsLondon2
Hyatt_Paris, General Manager at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear MsLondon2,

First, many thanks for taking the time to write a review about our Parisian Residence, customer's reviews are very useful to help us improving our services.
I am deeply sorry about the inconvenience you met with your room, as a diamond member I understand you have expectations and I sincerely regret you had an issue.
However, I am really happy that you had a nice room with a view you enjoyed and many thanks about our breakfast.
Please let me know if you meet an issue again with our team, I will be delighted to help you.

We hope to see you again in our hotel.

Aliso Viejo, California
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed for three nights on Hyatt points, and were upgraded into a large, oddly-shaped suite on the upper floor, facing the inner courtyard. I use the word "suite" lightly because that word doesn't do it justice. The room was U-shaped, with entrance doors at the top of each side of the U. One door led to a vestibule and bedroom, which connected to a large bathroom (with shower and tub) (at the bottom of the U). This then connected to another separate bathroom and shower. Finally, it connected to a living room (from you could enter the suite from the other entrance door). The bedroom and living room areas were large and comfortable, and despite the odd layout, the bathrooms were spacious. Since we were on the top floor, the ceilings in the bathroom were mansard-like, and sloped which limited its height.

The service from all staff was impeccable, from the greeters, bellmen, concierge and front desk staff. We didn't use the restaurant for breakfast (as it was not included with our package) or any other meals. Rather, I found an Eric Kayser patisserie about a block and half away which I would walk to each morning--the chocolate croissants and the warm ham and cheese croissants were delicious, and reasonably priced.

Location of the hotel was good--a short walk through Place Vendome to the Tuileries Garden and the Louvre. It was a few blocks to the closest Metro stop (I think it was Ópera), but we enjoyed walking along the streets and taking in the sights.

The Park Hyatt Vendome was a wonderful place to stay, and we were made to feel welcome and appreciated, despite my butchery of the French language. When we come back to Paris in a few years, we will stay at the Park Hyatt again.

Room Tip: If you're noise-adverse, ask for an inner-courtyard-facing room. It's very quiet and peacef...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank McMax
Hyatt_Paris, General Manager at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear McMax,

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in our parisian residence.
It is a pleasure to read such a good review with so many details inside, many thanks for our team and our location.

We look forward to welcoming you again in a few years.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Quick thoughts:

Breakfast: the American breakfast (full access to buffet + eggs any style), contrary to what I read going in, was 50 euro, not 75. Made it a little easier to swallow. Only ate here one morning...I'd say it was a good buffet, but by no means the best I've had. A little confused at the rave reviews. That being said, the scrambled eggs were the best I've ever had, and that alone was worth the experience.

Internet: Free. Generally good. At times, infuriating. My wife's phone couldn't connect at all, my computer was connected OK, and my phone connected and worked well, but each time my iPhone went black, it entirely disconnected.

Room: upgraded to a "superior room"--not sure what that means as it was my first stay. We were given a balcony on the first floor looking in towards the courtyard. The balcony alone made the room worth the price. Other things I loved about the room: general sleekness...comfortable beds...nice big closet...best shower/tub/sink combo I've ever seen...electric blackout blinds...and more. Things I didn't like about the room: small...very little light (not a good place to do work)...the furniture wasn't comfortable...and the blowdryer sucked.

Staff: Pretty confused on this one. Day one: impeccable. Maybe the best hotel staff I've come across. Hellos/how are you's at every turn. When I called for something, it was delivered within 60-120 seconds (literally). Then, day two rolls around: on multiple occasions, room service just forgot to deliver something. I'd literally call them 20 minutes later and they'd say "oh, that never made it? OK we'll redeliver"...they apologized, but still. Also on day 2: called cleaning service as we were going down for breakfast. They said they'd send someone immediately and have it cleaned by the time we were done. Lo and behold, after breakfast, the room is status quo. Cleaning staff didn't show up for another 2 hours. They also forgot to refill the mini bar on both day 1 and day 2.

Location: can't be beat, in my opinion. Enough said there.

Concierge: good.

Quick review, nothing too intense (hopefully). I know I get nit picky, but on a property like this, small flaws matter.

Dear Ben P,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about our parisian residence with such details inside, satisfy each guest is our priority and your comments will be very helpful to our team.
I am delighted you enjoyed our location and deeply sorry about the inconvenience with our Room Service, I will investigate about what happened.

We hope to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Undoubtedly in a great location as it is one block off of the Place Vendome. Minutes from the Louvre and other sights in the 1st. The rooms are well appointed, but can be small. The breakfasts are a nice buffet, but expensive. Laundry services were exorbitant, so make sure you have enough of everything. Interior rooms are quiet and the Concierge was very helpful. Very pricey, but lately that has been the case at many Paris hotels.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Hyatt_Paris, General Manager at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Jose T,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about our parisian residence.
I am delighted to read you enjoyed our location and our team.

We already look forward to welcoming you again.