Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome
US$282
US$258
US$228
2,529 results
All reviewsrue de la paixblaise mautinpark suitediamond memberconcierge deskhigh end shoppingluxury hotelbeautiful hotelnespresso machinethe ritzrain showersteam roombottle of champagnefour seasonsopera housethe entire staffdeluxe room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 6 nights in May 2014. Overall, we had a very nice stay--hence the perfect rating. While the stay was not perfect, I would have no hesitation in recommending the property to anyone looking for a very nice hotel for leisure or business in Paris. The hotel's location, just off Place Vendome, was very central and ideal for exploring the many sites of Paris.

I had high expectations of the property; not only does it carry the Park Hyatt name and a 5-star rating, it is also one of just a handful of hotels in Paris to earn the prestigious 'palace hotel' moniker from the French government. Compared to that very high standard, the hotel fell a bit short, but overall it was still a lovely stay.

We were in a king-bedded room on the front of the hotel, facing the street. I enjoyed this room--I liked the street view and small balcony. I was impressed that when I closed the windows/doors to the street I was unable to hear the street noise (but for the loudest sirens). That's a sign of good construction! I also did not hear one noise from another guest throughout our stay--the room was very, very quiet, which allowed for very restful nights.

The room itself was well-done; decor was very high-end. The room was large (by Paris/European standards) with a king bed, nice desk, comfortable chair, plenty of closet space, and an elegant bathroom including bathtub and separate shower. I thought the carpet was looking a bit worn in both the room (2nd floor) and the hallways; otherwise, everything was in great condition. The bed was extremely comfortable--very nice linens. The internet service worked very well, with a speedy and consistent connection. Toiletries provided in the bathroom were high-end and covered most every need--foam bath, shower gel, shower scrub, shampoo, conditioner, manicure set, etc.; similarly, amenities in the room were comprehensive (shoe brush, in-room Nespresso, etc.). All-in-all, lovely accommodations.

I am a Hyatt Diamond member; thus, breakfast was included. Breakfast was great; it was served in the beautiful orchid room. The buffet was well-done, with fresh fruit, ample breads, meats and cheeses, dairy, and plenty of sweet things. You could also order eggs; I did this one morning, and they were perfectly prepared. The breakfast is VERY expensive, so I'm not sure how I would care for it had I paid! As a tourist, I really appreciated the range of hours for breakfast--6:30a to 11:00a.

There were some lovely elements to service at the hotel. We were taken to our room by a registration staff member and shown all of the amenities; that was a very nice touch. On the first night of our stay, we had a nice bottle of dessert wine and some macarons. Later in the stay, we received a personal note reminding us of our departure and offering to arrange transportation. And, upon departure, we were given a very nice departing gift from the hotel. These were unexpected and lovely added gestures that made me feel like a very valued customer and showed management to be truly five-star in its mentality.

Many staff members were superb; we had two breakfast servers that were simply excellent--highly attentive, friendly, welcoming. Support staff at breakfast were attentive to every detail; a water glass or coffee cup was never empty for long, and dirty plates were cleared quickly. Similarly, registration staff at check-in and check-out were extremely professional whilst also being very welcoming. A concierge assisted us with some museum tickets and did a nice job.

Unfortunately, there were also some inconsistencies in the service offered by the hotel. One breakfast server was below par--he was unfriendly and seemed pained to crack a smile. Doormen were variable; a couple were excellent and a couple (particularly at night) were close to be outright rude--not only did they fail to welcome us back to the property (even upon us saying "bonsoir"), they simply scowled. At times, concierge staff seemed more content to be looking at their computer screens that greeting passing guests. In the grand scheme, these were small errors (hence the high overall rating), but for a five-star property with such outstanding service gestures, the inconsistencies were noticeable.

There were also some inconsistencies in housekeeping. Our room was cleaned every day and turndown service occurred every night; in that regard, every detail was appropriately addressed. But, at a five-star property, I expect a certain consistency to the service; this hotel was not always consistent. Some nights, we got water next to the bed; other nights, we did not. Some nights, glassware was replaced in the room; other nights, it was not...etc. Again, small details in the grand scheme, but noticeable in a hotel of this caliber.

The major disappointment in the stay occurred on the first night. After a long day (arriving in Paris off a trans-Atlantic flight, spending the day exploring, and getting back to the hotel around midnight after a great dinner), we were dismayed to find that one of the two electronic shades in our room did not function--it was totally outside of its track and did not go down at all. I was very irritated by this, because the housekeeping staff member that came in to do turndown service hours earlier would have noticed this--one of two shades came down, the other did not. That staff member should have immediately reported the issue and had it resolved. Instead, at midnight, I had to call the front desk and report the issue. The person who responded was not apologetic, and despite promises of someone "being sent right away" it took 20 minutes for a maintenance person to arrive. When he did arrive (with ladder and toolbox), he came into our room and began work on the shade without introducing himself or explaining the issue. At this point, I went to the front desk to speak with a manager; said manager, David, was half-hearted in his apology and seemed to not understand my frustration at having a major maintenance issue in my room at (by this point) well past midnight. David assured me he would tell the guest services director and that person would follow-up with me the next day with a gesture of the hotel's apology; such follow-up never occurred at any point during the stay. Since there were no further issues with the room (the shade was successfully fixed) and it was an otherwise strong experience, I decided not to press the issue, but the unaddressed maintenance issue (again: it should have been resolved by the housekeeper and NEVER required my intervention) and lack of follow-up were decidedly NOT five-star. I expected more.

Nevertheless, I give a five-star rating for the elegance of the facilities, generally very high-level of service, and many delightful gestures during our stay. I would not hesitate to return. I do hope management realizes the high expectations guests have of a Park Hyatt and works to address the service consistency issues.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank brmusicman
Hyatt_Paris, Gérant at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear brmusicman,

Many thanks for such a detailed review about our parisian residence, I would like to thank you for taking the time to give so many details inside.

I am really glad you enjoyed your 6 nights stay with us and our location at the center of the city of lights.
As a diamond member, I totally understand you had high expectations and I am happy we met them with your room, our staff and our breakfast.
Make our guest feel comfortable is really important to us and I hope you enjoyed the little details who made our parisian residence a Palace Hotel.
However, I am deeply sorry, you met some issues about members of our staff and some details as housekeeping.

We hope to welcoming you soon despite this issues,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This luxury hotel is central to everything and has easy access to the subway! The rooms are luxurious and the baths are to die for! I actually brought my mother and niece and 3 young teens - they had a blast! The hotel was more than accommodating - put us in adjoining rooms and rolled in beds for everyone. We had more than enough room and the hallway walls are "carpeted" which mutes any sound. The restaurant and bar offer specialty cocktails and the food is outstanding. The sculpture garden is a beautiful touch. The hotel was the perfect touch for my children's first Paris visit!

Room Tip: I don't think there was a pool and I'm not certain if there were kid's activities at the hotel as my kids were older. Paris kept us plenty busy and we were going south next, so we would have plenty of swimming ahead!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Tracey G,

Many thanks for giving us your feedback about our parisian palace, I am really delighted you enjoyed your stay with us during your family trip.
A first visit in Paris is always a memorable travel and I am more than happy you choosed our residence to make discover Paris to your childrens.

We look forward to welcoming you again with your family,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at the Park Hyatt on a work trip and it was extremely comfortable and accommodating. The staff were very helpful and they went out of their way whenever possible. I always appreciate when a hotel will open the business center after hours and the Park Hyatt did this about three times with no issue. And you can't beat the location if you're staying on the Right Bank. A ten minute walk to the Seine and the Louvre. Parfait for Paris!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Bijou177,

Many thanks for such a beautiful review about our parisian residence, I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us during your business trip, make our guest feel comfortable is our priority, and I am really glad you appreciated our business center.

We look forward to welcoming you again,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our room was beautiful. And gigantic! To top it off we had a balcony with a view. Beds were super comfortable, room was very clean, and the bathroom was one of the nicest I've ever had in a hotel. There were two separate sinks, one of which was in the bathing and shower area. It was the strangest design but so smart. The marble was gorgeous, the paintings were beautiful, the ceilings were super high, and the walk-in closet was perfect. Yes, Paris was expensive but this hotel was actually used with redeeming miles. My only gripe was that as lovely as the hotel is, it was a hike to anywhere. Did not love the location of this hotel. However, it was very easy to grab a cab. Also, I did not want to forget to mention that the concierge was super helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear mimimeme,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about our parisian residence, I am really glad to read you enjoyed our stay with us.
Many thanks for such beautiful compliments about the room and the view from the balcony, I am really happy you consider our bathroom as one of the nicest you ever had.
However, I am deeply sorry you did not enjoyed our location but as you said, it is very easy to take a cab because we are at the center of the City of Lights.

We hope to see you soon in our palace hotel and please be sure that I will transmit your words to our concierges,

Alessandro CRESTA, Directeur at Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We'll definitely stay here again during our next visit to Paris as this is one of the best properties we've stayed at around the world. The location is superb and everything is tranquil and perfect at this property:

Room- We had an executive suite and were pampered by the steam room built in the bathroom. The decoration of the room is artistic and the layout design is elegant

Service- Very instinctive; the server remembered my name, the check-in front desk rep was among the most professional I've seen, and the concierge has the museum pass available directly at the desk without us having to buy outside

Breakfast- Even there are plenty of people in the beautiful dining room, the service is very prompt with freshly brewed coffee and cooked omelet delivered to table. The buffet items are also nicely assorted.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Duke W

Dear Duke W,

Many thanks for writing this beautiful review about our 5 Star Hotel with so many details inside.
I am more than happy to read that you considered our parisian residence as the best property you stayed around the world, receive a compliment for a traveler with sixteen reviews around the world is very grateful and allow us to continue improving our services.

We look forward to welcoming you again during our next trip in Paris,

Alessandro CRESTA, Directeur at Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme