“Exceeded Expectations”

Ranked #65 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Dallas, Texas
“Exceeded Expectations”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Having spent several disappointing days at the Hyatt Regency Etoile, we were excited to go to the Park Hyatt for the last two days of our Paris visit. Being regular Four Seasons and Ritz guests, we were met with the same level of service we expected immediately. We were escorted personally to spacious rooms that exceeded expectations. The bath was the best ever and the closet was spacious beyond belief. Nice butter cookies and Evian were left every night and concierge's and the front desk went over and above to meet expectations. Expensive but worth it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hyatt_Paris, Gérant at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Todd C,

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a delightful review about our parisian residence.
Our staff member is dedicated to providing you with an incomparable level of personalized service designed for our guests and I am more than happy we met your expectations.

We hope to welcome you again in our Parisian Palace,

With Best Regards,
Alessandro CRESTA, Directeur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

You can not go wrong when staying at a Park Hyatt! My wife and I stayed here on our anniversary for 4 nights and had a great experience. The hotel delivered us a bottle of champagne to celebrate the occasion. It was a nice touch. The rooms are really nice and we loved the courtyard view. Very quiet. Also the tall ceilings made the room fee that much bigger. We will be back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Charles K,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this beautiful review about our Parisian residence.
We would sincerely like to express our most sincere appreciation for the confidence you have shown by choosing us to celebrate such a special occasion as your anniversary.

We look forward to welcoming you again,

With Best Regards,
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed for 4 nights on a recent business trip. Made a last minute booking, due to errors by travel agent -- Park Hyatt is not normally my business hotel choice. The hotel entrance is small, you enter from the street into essentially a small foyer with the Concierge desk. Check-in is down a few steps and there really is no hotel lobby. The front desk staff were outstanding...friendly, greeting me with a warm smile and impeccable English upon my early morning arrival from the U.S. Since I arrived early, my room was not ready (expected), so the staff made arrangements for me to find a way to shower and dress for business meetings at lunch and in the afternoon at no extra charge (unexpected). The room was very nice...with an especially large (for Paris) dressing and bath area. I did have one issue: someone entered my room (I assume the hotel maid) and left my room unlocked after servicing it. I returned from a day of meetings to find the door to my room was open...anyone could have walked in and helped themselves to my belongings. I spoke to the hotel management and they were apologetic and courteous about the episode. Overall, it was a pleasant stay. The hotel is clean and fresh and modern...just what you would expect from a Park Hyatt. My issue is the cost. Paris hotels are known to be expensive, but the rate was almost $1200 per night for a single occupant room. Moreover, breakfast each morning was priced at nearly $100. So, I had to get out on the street each morning before starting my day in search of something to eat, since I could not bring myself to buy breakfast in the hotel. This is Paris, I get it....but this pricing is not acceptable for the business traveler. Tripadvisor readers typically are searching for good value in hotel properties. This is not it. If price is no consideration...go for it. Nice hotel in a good location. If you are looking for a reasonable price for a good hotel...keep looking.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Pickytraveler2
Hyatt_Paris, Gérant at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Pickytraveler2,

I would like to thank you for your stay at Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme and for your valuable feed-back.
I am glad to learn that you had a pleasant time and a comfortable stay with us.
I have taken good note of the unpleasant situation you went through during your stay and please accept my most sincere apologies for such incident.
Rest also assured that I have immediately raised this situation with the Department Head concerned and have asked to reinforce the current procedure.
In regards of the rates and your comments, I appreciate very much your concern. However, I can assure you that the rates at the Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme are very much in line with the other Hotels of the same category in Paris.
Again, I thank you very much for the valuable feedback and for your the time.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at our place in a near future, and we will be delighted to provide you again with our excellent and personalized service, indicative for Hyatt.

Houston
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We used our Hyatt points to stay here on May 25 thru 28. Wonderful hotel - fabulous room with a balcony looking out on Vendome Place. The décor of the room is replete with gold colors and hardwoods. Interesting shower area with rain shower and a second sink in the shower! Service was very good as expected. Free use of their computers right behind the reception desk. Great location - one block to the Opera House and Metro. Two or 3 blocks to Printemps and Galleries Lafeyette. Great use of your Hyatt points.

Dear HoustonBillT,

Thank you for having chosen the Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme for your stay in Paris.
I am very much delighted to read that you had a very pleasant and enjoyable experience at our place.
The decor of the Hotel has been made especially designed and created by the American Interior Designer Ed Tuttle.

Again thank you for your kind words and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future,

Dallas
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

The $1000+ a night room rates are insane. however if you can book using Hyatt points do it! The hotel has a great location. Our group of four found the staff to be very accommodating. Just be sure to say hello and goodbye as in any French establishment. The food and drink prices as SO high that it is ridiculous. Harry's New York
Bar is around the corner and reasonably priced. You can easily walk to the Louvre from this hotel. I would not pay the rates, but will stay again on points.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JoInTexas
Dear JolnTexas,

Thank you very much for your review and for the great comment regarding the Hotel service.
I am very pleased to read that the Team did take good care of you and your Party.
Let me also reassure you that the Hotel room rate and the Food and Drinks at the Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme are very much in line with the other Hotels of the same category in Paris.
I will invite you during your next stay with us, to try our burger at our restaurant ‘La Cheminée’, one of the best you are able to enjoy in Paris.

In the meantime, I remain at your disposal and send you my best regards.

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed two nights at Park Hyatt Vendome, and will never return. The staff except for one of the ladies at the front desk (Celeste I think?), were extremely rude and unwelcoming. If you are charging over $1,000 to stay somewhere, you would expect to be greeted or welcomed, at least once.

We traveled from Florida and had plane delays, so it took us about 18 hours of straight traveling to arrive to Paris. We arrived to the hotel around 1PM to see if our room was ready. We were advised to return in one hour, and it would then be ready. No problem at all to us, we did not mind waiting. We walked around the city for a bit and then returned an hour later-as we were advised to. The gentleman working the front desk gave us an attitude and told us that we needed to wait another hour. We tried explaining that we were told to come back at a specific time, but he did not care or apologize for the inconvenience. It overall would not have been a big deal having to wait another hour, the bigger matter was how we were treated regarding it.

The doormen did not greet us once, or even smile. It almost made us feel uncomfortable walking through each time because they were so unwelcoming.

There are a few positives of the hotel. It was clean, good location, and spacious room. But these are qualities that one can find at many other hotels.

Spend your money elsewhere, because Park Hyatt Vendome is not worth the price.

13 Thank AshC523
Hyatt_Paris, Gérant at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear AshC523,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write your precious feed-back.
I am glad to read that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us and that you have enjoyed the atmosphere of the hotel.

May I present you my most sincere apologies for the situation that you went through at check-in.
It is definitively a not a good experience and certainly not a nice way to initiate your experience at the Hotel. I completely understand that this may have deterred you from enjoying a comfortable start.
Please rest assured that I have raised the different matters with the Department Heads concerned and necessary actions have been taken to avoid such incidents to re-occur for future guests.

I reiterate my most sincere apologies and hope to have the chance to redeem ourselves during your next stay in Paris.

Remaining at your disposal I present you my most distinguished regards.

Yours sincerely,

Osaka, Japan
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We had a truly wonderful 6-night stay at Park Hyatt Vendome in mid May. We had booked a Park Suite and at check-in were delighted to be upgraded to an Executive Suite with a tiny balcony facing Rue de la Paix. This was our second stay here. On our first stay we were really expecting perfection and a series of slip-ups by housekeeping caused us to feel a bit underwhelmed in our first impression of the hotel. This year too we found housekeeping somewhat lacking, as also mentioned by a few other reviewers. Small things like leaving 2 tubes of body lotion but no shower gel and failure to leave replacement slippers. But this year these inconsistencies did not catch us by surprise and we were able to better appreciate the areas in which the Park Hyatt Vendome excels. Every request we had was satisfied almost instantly - an emptied mini-bar refrigerator so we could keep a few things in it, an extra desk chair for in-room dining, extra towels, softer pillows - each handled within a matter of minutes.
For us the big standout is the room service dining. As Hyatt Diamond members we were given complimentary breakfast, available either at the buffet or through room service. But even if it wasn’t complimentary, we would want to have in-room breakfast. What a feeling of luxury it is to have room service breakfast in a suite at Park Hyatt Vendome. I know it is certainly not inexpensive, but in any case we are light eaters and the full breakfast is more food than we normally eat in an entire day, so if we were paying for it we would make our own coffee on the in-room Nespresso machine just order the wonderful fruit bowl and the basket of delicious pastries. And the service is impeccable, and well as incredibly thoughtful. We mentioned that there was one pastry that we particularly enjoyed, and on the day of our departure there was a small package of 4 of those pastries to take with us. We enjoyed in-room breakfast so much that we also had dinner in the room, ordering just one starter and one main from the Le Pur’ menu to share between us. With the wonderful accompanying bread and supplemented by some cheese from the market it was just the right amount for us, and none of the frowns most restaurants give us for ordering too little. Exquisite food and flawless service.
Would we recommend the Park Hyatt Vendome? Definitely, without any hesitation whatsoever. The strongest recommendation I can give is to say that we returned for a second stay and so very much hope that we will be able to return again in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hyatt_Paris, Gérant at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear OsakaWino,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your stay at Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme and for having sent this valuable positive feed-back.

I am glad to learn that you had a wonderful time during your last stay with us. Please be assured that I will share your kind comments about your experiences with the whole team, the staff at Reception and especially with the Room Service Department that satisfied you in an exceptional way.

We will of course congratulate the Chief and his team as you described fantastic experiences with your in-room breakfast and dining in your suite, and we are really delighted that these experiences contributed to make your stay a memorable one.

Your additional feedback is very useful for us as it helps us to improve our services, thank you. Please be assured that this matter has been raised with the department concerned and we will take the necessary actions in order to avoid such incidents to re-occur.

You may not have received a satisfaction survey, as your stay was close to another Hyatt stay; in this case, no survey is sent to the guest, as too many surveys are not recommended.

We thank you again for your sincere and very detailed reply, and are looking forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

Remaining at your disposal,