“Summer in Paris”

Ranked #63 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Summer in Paris”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I recently spent 2 weeks at the Park Hyatt Paris. The property is classified as a Palace hotel, which ranks it among the 8 best hotels in France. The service is impeccable, the rooms equipped with Japanese Toto Washlets and modern Japanese bathrooms. It is my preferred hotel in Paris. I stayed at the property while the soccer World Cup started. The hotel set aside a meeting room with projection screen and bar for viewing - a very nice atmosphere. There is also an interior courtyard which depending on the whether is open for drinks and meals - definitely worth a visit. What I enjoy very much is the excellent breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for Rue de Capucines view for a quite room that still has a view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hyatt_Paris, Manager at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear msprenger001,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this great second review about our Parisian residence.
We would sincerely like to express our most sincere appreciation for the confidence you have shown by choosing our palace hotel during your 2 weeks stay.
I am delighted to read you enjoyed our Brazilian Lounge dedicated to the World Cup.
To improve our services, it is always very useful for us to receive feedbacks from our guests.

Alessandro CRESTA, Directeur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New Jersey
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My second official review of this property but to tell the truth, I review it every single day as I regale its praises to all who will listen. Arrived from Aix en Provence by train so we arrived later than when we fly in from the States. Met Paul at the desk who told us our Park King Suite was ready but still needed to be inspected and could they buy us a drink while we waited. On the way to the restaurant, I dropped my bags up front on what I thought was the cart with my other bags. Long story short - my mistake and the only good news is that it was a cart for someone else arriving rather than someone leaving! Paul did whatever he had to do in order to reunite us with the bag (two cameras and my wife's jewelry - I know, I'm dumb). Called us 15 minutes later to say it was in our room.

The hotel remains impeccable. Breakfast is always great and even more impressive at how many of the staff address you by name. Kevin was especially charming and helpful, often stopping by to talk about our trip. The concierges are always knowledgable and helpful but my wife wants me to make special mention of Aurelie who we interacted with numerous times and who was wonderful.

We love returning to Paris - this was our seventh trip. And we love returning to the PH Paris Vendome where you know everything will be perfect. Can't wait for next time!

Room Tip: We looked out over the courtyard but as we were on the top floor, really no view. Preferred the Rue...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear stevens397,

I would like to thank you for having chosen our Parisian residence for your recent stay with your wife and for taking the time to write such a delightful review with so many details.
Our staff is dedicated to providing you with an incomparable level of personalized service designed for our guests and I am more than happy to read Paul and Aurelie met your expectations.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 13 June 2014

As a Platinum member of Hyatt, my fav. brand is Park Hyatt. The Vendome is one of the best Park Hyatt I've stayed. The location is extremely perfect as you can walk to many tourist spots & shopping streets. Room is spacious and comfortable with large bathroom. The breakfast is top quality. Don't miss to dine at Le Pur' which my family agreed to vote the best dinner among our trip in Paris.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hyatt_Paris, Gérant at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear PLtara,

I would like to thank you for having chosen our palace hotel for your recent stay.

At Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme, both in design and service, we attend to every detail and I am delighted to read you enjoyed the location of our Parisian Residence and the room.

I am really honored to read so many compliments especially coming from a Diamond Member who stays in a lot of Park Hyatt properties around the world.

San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 13 June 2014

It's just not right that such a youthful property be such an elegant grande dame but this property is an architectural and design masterpiece with masterful artwork that breathes life into the staff who are on their best game 24/7..........this property is quite simply all you really need in life.....to ask for more is simply greedy.........Louisanne and Valerie at the Concierge Desk and the others I did not write the names down make up quite possibly the most brilliant crew ever to occupy a concierge desk......just can't imagine better treatment.........and Javier greeting us at breakfast just a perfect way to start a Paris morning.......and the spa is just over the top and surprisingly always quiet and soothing........The owners, the designers, the artists, the mangers and all the staff combine to make this property magical!

Room Tip: You must figure out how to arrive as a Diamond member as that is the best way to experience this gre...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jolly B
Dear Jolly B,

First, I would sincerely like to express our most sincere appreciation for the confidence you have shown by choosing our Parisian Residence.
Our staff is dedicated to providing our guests with an incomparable level of personalized service and I am more than happy we met your expectations.
I will share your comments with Louisanne, Valerie and Javier.
This would be the most motivating reward for our employees who passionately care for our guests.

We remain available and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme in a not too distant future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I just spent 6 wonderful days for our third stay at this impeccable Hotel . They really go the extra mile to make you feel at home every time .
From Melanie greeting us at check in, Gonsalvo de Estephania De Morales coming by to greet us and the complimentary bottle of Champagne from Alessandro Cresta these little details always make you feel more like Family as opposed to just a Guest .
I always believe it's the attention to small details that separate a good Hotel from a Grand Hotel
Aurelie made our restaurant reservations and even arranged for wheelchair assistance at CDG as I was having episodes of dizzyness.
Hopefully we will be able to return next Summer to our favorite Hotel in our Favorite Magical City of lights

Thank you to every one at the PHPV for another wonderful experience !

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hyatt_Paris, Gérant at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear PETERPNYC,

First, I would sincerely like to express our most sincere appreciation for the confidence you have shown by choosing our parisian residence.
Our staff member is dedicated to providing you with an incomparable level of personalized service designed for our guests and I am more than happy we met your expectations.
Make our guest feel comfortable is one of our priorities and I am more than happy to read that Melanie, Gonzalo, Aurelie and myself provided you a nice stay.

White Plains, NY
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I am amazed to read occasional poor reviews of this beautiful hotel. Every staff person we encountered on a recent, two-night stay was extremely courteous, professional and accommodating. The room was beautiful; the service was perfect. Every time we left or came back to the hotel the doormen greeted us courteously; the staff was helpful and considerate.

The hotel is a short walk from the Opera. (Great tour of the Opera.) Easy to walk to the Orsay and Louvre museums.

Perfect stay in all respects.

We look forward to returning to Paris and to the Park Hyatt Vendome.

Visitors should be aware of many street scams that are intended to separate you from your money. Be alert to pickpockets. We were careful and were not victims; but we could see the difference from our last trip to Paris. It is mostly non-violent, and seems to be a problem whereever there are tourists. Avoid conversations initiated by these predators. The word "No" (loud and clear) seems to work when you are asked to stop and sign petitions, or when you are asked if a ring on the ground is yours, or, even, whether you speak English. Wear a money belt, and be alert.

The Park Hyatt Vendome hotel is in a safe area.

GS

Room Tip: Your choice is the main street or the courtyard, which eliminates street noise. On weekends, ask for...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hyatt_Paris, Gérant at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear gstern42,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a delightful review about our parisian residence with so many details inside.

We hope to welcome you again soon,

Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The perfect location ... lovely rooms and bathrooms...the best staff especially the concierge staff who are of great help securing hard-to-get dinner reservations. We have stayed here a few times and have never been disappointed. The also have Bollinger champagne in the bar and the best nuts that I have had anywhere.

Room Tip: I like a room on rue de la Paix but the courtyard rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maja B
Dear Maja B,

I would like to sincerely thank you for the kind comments about our staff and our location.
World-renowned architects and interior designers custom design each Park Hyatt hotel, brilliantly combining modern style and timeless regional trademarks and I more than happy to read you enjoyed your room.