“The ONLY PLACE TO STAY IN PARIS”

Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome
Ranked #61 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Chicago, Illinois
“The ONLY PLACE TO STAY IN PARIS”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Park Hyatt Paris is the very best hotel in the world. We travel a lot and stay at the only finest places.
The rooms are so beautiful they match the beauty of Paris. We stayed 12 nights and have been coming to this hotel since 2007. Every stay is PERFECT. The staff is so friendly and they pay attention to every small detail. My wife loves walking in and smelling the hotel. The concierge staff is top flight and can be counted on for great suggestions. Even room service is perfect. They get it right every time.

Room Tip: We love the rooms on Rue de la Paix but we live in the city and are used to some traffic noise. It i...
1 Thank Carrie H
Hyatt_Paris, Gérant at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Carrie H,

I would like to thank you for this great review about your recent stay in the City of Lights.

We are really happy that you took the time to comment your experience at Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme.

The support of our guests is extremely rewarding for our team and we really appreciate your compliments about our rooms and our staff.

The satisfaction of our guests is our priority and we are delighted to have exceeded your expectations, especially coming from someone travelling in the finest places all over the world.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to your Parisian residence,

Alessandro CRESTA, Directeur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The Hyatt Vendome has some pluses. Number one, by far, is the staff. They are uniformally polite and helpful. Number two is the location. A relatively short walk to bus and metro stations, and countless good eating places at your doorstep. However, the Hyatt is seriously mistaken in thinking that high prices translate into high end. 50 euros per person for breafast is ridiculous, even for Paris, as are 28 euro cocktails. The entrance, lobby, and lower floor area are more pretentious than impressive. The feeling is one of small and cramped. The same goes for the room that we had. Definitely small, and thick bathrobes and slippers don't make up for serious deficienes: to begin with, no closet to hang clothes . Instead, a 24" or so bar with hangers in the bath area. Most of it was over a low storage area with drawers and that served as a place to set suitcases. In the 10" or so space for slacks, dresses ets., was the ironing board, which of course had to be removed to fit the slacks and dresses. Try to find a place to put the ironing board! Need a place to plug your computer in? Prepare to hunt because there were only two, one hidden next to one side of the bed, the other on a wall far from the desk where you would plug in a laptop.

If you can afford the steep prices for a 5-star hotel in Paris, check out the Westin and the Mariott. Needless to say, I don't work for either, but I did visit both to compare, and the Hyatt Vendome does not come close. Also needless to say, it was the most disappointing part of an otherwise marvelous visit to a marvelous city (end of July, 2014). I would never stay there again.

2 Thank CalifJ0e
Hyatt_Paris, Gérant at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear CalifJ0e,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your stay at Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme and for having answered our “Guest Satisfaction Survey”.

Your comments regarding your recent stay with us have been brought-up to my attention and we would like to refer to the different negative points you outlined in the survey, which we sincerely apologize which.
We do however appreciate the positive feedback on the staff.

We understand several things deterred you from enjoying a comfortable stay. First of all you were disappointed by the size of the Park Room you were accommodated in.
Upgrades were unavailable during the dates you were staying with us due to very high occupancy. Platinum members are entitled to upgrades depending on availability and not guaranteed.

In respect to the prices charged in our different Food & Beverage outlets, these are in line with our competing Parisian Palace hotels and so are our room rates which are rather on the low side compared to competitors.

The hotel's decoration, lay-out and the rooms are the work of famous American interior designer Ed Tuttle. One might indeed dislike this pure style visible all over the hotel.

Concerning the Iron Board comment, our policy include to have an Iron board in all our rooms, therefore if some of our client doesn’t need this service or in your case find out that he takes too much place in room, the Housekeeping is at disposal to remove it on a simple request.

Let me also say that current renovation projects in the hotel include additional electrical plugs in the rooms. In addition to the 5 plugs on the desk there will shortly also be two plugs near each bedside table for more comfort.

We sincerely hope that this inconvenience will not affect the trust you have shown towards Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme and would like to reiterate our apologies and look forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

Yours sincerely,
Alessandro Cresta, Directeur
Dallas TX
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed two nights in this lovely hotel. The staff are outstanding - always helpful and smiling. The room was spacious and the bathroom was great. We loved the design with two sinks in separate areas and the large dressing area for suitcases. The shower was well designed! This is a great hotel in Paris - great area, great staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hyatt_Paris, Gérant at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear dottie dog,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a delightful review about our parisian residence with so many details inside.
Our staff member is dedicated to providing you with an incomparable level of personalized service designed for our guests and I am more than happy we met your expectations.

We hope to welcome you again soon,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here for long weekend trip to Paris. I have previously stayed in Le Meurice, Westin and Tremoille etc. in my previous visits to Paris but Park Hyatt Vendome was much better than any of these hotels in my opinion.

Service: Extremely attentive, efficient and friendly. I was quite impressed (not that I had low expectations for Paris)

Decor: Clean, chic and not too flashy

Location: Step away from St Honore, Opera and Turillies. 10-15 mins walk to both Orsay and Louvre + 20 mins walk to St Germain. We could walk to everywhere and it was a beautiful walk. Can't think of any better location in Paris for weekenders

Breakfast: Delicious and quick/efficient service

Thank you very much for the wonderful stay - truly one of the best weekend we had!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hyatt_Paris, Gérant at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear sptravellers,

The support of our guests is extremely rewarding for our team and we really appreciate your compliments about service, location and breakfast.

Arizona
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I should qualify this review by saying that we typically do not stay in ultra luxury hotels -- usually regular Hyatts, Westins or Sheratons are splurges for us. But this was a special family trip, and I have status with Hyatt, so we booked two rooms (family of four). The service was truly amazing. It is hard to describe why. Nothing was over the top. But every request was taken care of. We actually did not have that many requests, and certainly nothing complicated, but I got the feeling that if we had it wouldn't have been a problem. It was not the hovering type of in-your-face, make-a-show-of-service, but just highly competent professionals acting very efficiently to anticipate guests' needs and to take care of them. It is a level of competence and professionalism that I have not experienced before in other hotels.

The rooms were very nice. We asked for connecting rooms before our arrival, and we were assigned great rooms overlooking the rue de la paix. We arrived early from an overnight flight, and I believe because of the connecting rooms request, they were not immediately ready. The hotel offered beverages while we waited, and we took a long walk, after which the rooms were available. The bedding was comfortable and the bathrooms were spectacular. I thought the rooms were good sized for Europe -- certainly not huge, but big enough. Housekeeping used some discretion in organizing our items, and it made a difference to make us feel like there was space, because everything was always in good shape.

Location was very good. The immediate neighborhood (that is, the area right outside the door) is a bit sterile. It's a major shopping area. But a few minutes walk in either direction leads to more of a classic Paris experience, with cafes and nice nooks and crannies. Opera is the closest metro, about 5 to 10 minutes away, depending on your walking speed.

The extent to which this hotel added to our Paris vacation is difficult to overstate. It was wonderful. I admit that in booking I was a bit skeptical whether the luxury hotels could truly be worth the amounts they charge (be it points or cash). It's very expensive, to be sure, and this was a major splurge for us. But, the memories we have in part thanks to this property are tough to value.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ikar,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review of your recent visit to the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme during your special family trip with so many details.
Make our guests feel comfortable is one of our priorities and I am more than happy to read that you had a nice stay.
I enjoyed reading about the excellent service you received and that your experience was perfect and the memories you have are tough to value.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme,

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I don't think I can say anything apart from excellent when it comes to this hotel.
I just came back from spending a long weekend in Paris for my birthday and although I have been to Paris countless times, this trip was truly the highlight of them all.
The Park Hyatt was above and beyond what I expected, the staff was incredibly friendly and attentive. The amenities were just so beautiful and my room was such a dream come true, the best room I have ever stayed at and where I found a massive bouquet of roses waiting for me and a balcony that looks over the Parisian Rooftops with a sight that I will never forget.

Having breakfast at the Les Orchidees was the perfect way to start my morning and to everyone going there, I recommend you to order the French Toast, its truly the best French Toast you will ever have!
For my Birthday dinner, we enjoyed an incredible meal at Le Pur restaurant that was a feast, they truly deserve their Michelin star! The staff was spot on, I had the most delicious birthday meal ending with a beautiful mini birthday cake made by the chef.

The location of the Hotel is just as good as it gets. You have the beautiful Place Vendome to your left, Rue St. Honore and Galeries La Fayette just a few minutes walk if you enjoy shopping and the beautiful Opera building just around the corner.

If you are into being active like myself they have a gym open 24h and an amazing spa where I enjoyed the most relaxing massage before my birthday dinner with La Mer products, followed by a few minutes inside the Turkish steam bath and a jacuzzi.

There is no doubt in my mind I will come back! My experience in Paris this time around was magical and I do believe the Park Hyatt was a huge reason why.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear AndyStyleScrapbook,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this great review about your recent stay in the City of Lights.
We would sincerely like to express our most sincere appreciation for the confidence you have shown by staying with us to celebrate such a special occasion as your birthday.

The support of our guests is extremely rewarding for our team and we really appreciate all your compliments about our restaurants and our palace hotel.

The satisfaction of our clients is our priority and we are delighted to have exceeded your expectations.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to your Parisian residence.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I think the subject sums up my stay at the Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, just perfect!
The staff and service at the hotel are second to none and the location of Place Vendome is of course an added bonus.

The room was the best I've stayed at in a luxury hotel and the attention to detail throughout the hotel was apparent. Arriving for breakfast on our second morning, our waiter remembered everything we had ordered the previous morning and immediately asked if we would like to start with a cappuccino and a glass of carrot and ginger juice. While it may be a small detail, I think it's the small details that make all the difference.

Le Pur restaurant deserves a special mention as it was honestly one of the best meals I have had. The menu was very impressive, wine pairing spot on, and once again, service was perfect. I would not be at all surprised to see Le Pur awarded a second star soon if our experience was anything to go by.

Big thank you to everyone at the Park Hyatt for what was one of the best stays I have had anywhere! Although you have an amazing hotel and location, I really think your staff are the key to what makes your hotel a cut above any other luxury hotel I have stayed at.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear rjnicholls,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme. I enjoyed reading all your compliments about our staff, location and service.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and I would be delighted to welcome you back in our Parisian Residence for your next stay, hopefully in the not too distant future.